• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For example -

Thrive global kindness

We’re all collectively going through the COVID-19 crisis, and it’s a jarring experience, to say the least. But like all adversities that we have faced and will face in the future, there’s a silver lining in this chaos as well — exceptional acts of kindness and generosity happen in times of crisis.

The challenge for us as individuals along with protecting our physical and mental health is to remember to be kind when we feel stressed, anxious or overwhelmed.

First of all, we must be kind to ourselves. Our old routines and schedules have evaporated, our previous patterns have been thrown out of the window, so it’s obvious that living in the new normal can be difficult to cope with.

Cultivate a Spirit of Kindness

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Practice kindness to live happily

We're often so focused on boosting our own happiness that we ignore how we affect others. This is a huge mistake, because kindness is, counterintuitively, one of the best ways to create a happy life. Acts of kindness fuel a longer-lasting, more enduring type of happiness. So when you build this skill, you live more of your days happily.

Here are just some of the ways to be more kind:
Read the rest of the tips -

Live Happily: 10 Tips For A Happy Life

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
You've heard about survival of the fittest and Darwin. Survival of the fittest is usually associated with selfishness, meaning that to survive (a basic instinct) means to look out for yourself. But Darwin, who studied human evolution, actually didn't see mankind as being biologically competitive and self-interested. Darwin believed that we are a profoundly social and caring species. He argued that sympathy and caring for others is instinctual (DiSalvo, Scientific American, 2017)

Read more at this site -

The Importance of Kindness

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
sok3-min.jpg

Much much more at this blog -

The Science of Kindness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness refers to your ability to be friendly, generous, and considerate. When you are kind to others you open up the opportunity to build strong relationships while increasing personal well-being and the well-being of others.

Why is it important to build this skill?

When you are kind to others, you create an environment where kindness is the norm. People want to be kind to you in return, you feel good about doing the right thing, and you help others experience more positive emotions.

Read more at this site -

Kindness

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Well being kindness?

The phrase “random acts of kindness” (RAK) is relatively well known and has been shared all over the world.

When you consider the times when you’ve practice random acts of kindness, what past practices come to mind?

I found myself thinking of this question as I wrote this blog because it’s a good question to ask, “When did I give of myself without expecting anything in return?”.

This piece has some really great resources and explanation of RAK’s and how to live it throughout your days.

Can Random Acts of Kindness Increase Well-Being? (Incl. 22 Ideas)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Think about the last time you helped someone, or were willing to recognize their need for space. Chances are you came out of the experience feeling a powerful sense of gratification, goodwill and pride. That’s because we humans actually love helping each other. We’re hard-wired for empathy. We like doing good things for one another, which is why acts of kindness large and small happen all around the world every single day.

It stands to reason, therefore, that there are plenty of people in your life who at one time or another would have been happy to help you had they been asked. They would have gladly watched your kids; assisted with the project you were stuck on, or just given you the space you needed to take a moment of reflection. The problem was never their willingness to help you. The problem was and is your fear and inability to reach out with the ask.

Friends and family may believe we have everything buttoned up because that’s the image we project to the world. They don’t offer help because they don’t think we need it. Or, if they do recognize the need, they don’t want to offend us by pointing it out. After all, no one likes being pitied, right? Boy, do I hate the word “pity”.

The Most Courageous Self-Care Act: Learning to Say, “I Need Help” - Mindful

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We think of kindness as something we do for others. But Rick Hanson says kindness is a two-way street.

I usually describe a practice as something to do: get on your own side, see the being behind the eyes, take in the good, etc. This practice is different: it’s something to recognize. From this recognition, appropriate action will follow. Let me explain.

Some years ago, I was invited to give a keynote at a conference with the largest audience I’d ever faced. It was a big step up for me. Legendary psychologists were giving the other talks, and I feared I wouldn’t measure up. I was nervous. Real nervous.

I sat in the back waiting my turn, worrying about how people would see me. I thought about how to look impressive and get approval. My mind fixed on me, me, me. I was miserable.

Then I began reading an interview with the Dalai Lama. He spoke about the happiness in wishing others well. A wave of relief and calming swept through me as I recognized that the kindest thing I could do for myself was to stop obsessing about “me” and instead try to be helpful to others.

Read more here -

Just One Thing: Be Kind to Yourself by Being Kind to Others - Mindful

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Can the Pandemic Help Teach Kids About Compassion?

As a homebound parent with a preschooler, I’ve felt an array of emotions over the past few months during the coronavirus pandemic. I’ve felt sadness and worry about how many people are becoming ill, while being confounded by trying to juggle homeschooling and my own work responsibilities.

But I’ve also felt a great deal of gratitude for the kindnesses that have punctuated so many of my days lately, like when a neighbor left herbs from her garden at my gate or when a faraway friend whom I haven’t heard from in years sent text messages of love.

These positive experiences have affirmed to me that when times are difficult, our common human response is not to show reckless disregard of others but to show compassion.We often assume that emergencies automatically lead to panic, but research consistently shows that people tend to act in solidarity and turn toward each other with a sense of togetherness. They volunteer, donate supplies, and spread goodwill, strengthening social bonds and helping everyone be resilient together.

Full article at this site -

Can the Pandemic Help Teach Kids About Compassion? - Mindful

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
All of us have opportunities in our lives to be kind to others — to say something encouraging, to treat them in a friendly way, to show expressions of kindness toward them — and when we do this, we create a ripple of kindness that radiates in two directions: outward and inward.

The kindness that radiates outward toward others can help them to improve their lives by giving them hope, by helping them through difficult times, or by putting a smile on their face. We often do not know the effects of our kindness on others, but we can be sure that it makes a difference. It could be that someone goes home with a happier heart, and thus is more likely to share kindness with loved ones — perhaps with children.

Comes from this excellent blog -

The Exquisite Joy of Kindness

Enjoy!