• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I believe that if we stop to think, it is clear that our very survival, even today, depends upon the acts and kindness of so many people. Right from the moment of our birth, we are under the care and kindness of our parents; later in life, when facing the sufferings of disease and old age, we are again dependent on the kindness of others. If at the beginning and end of our lives we depend upon others’ kindness, why then in the middle, when we have the opportunity, should we not act kindly toward others?”

These are the words of His Holiness The Dalai Lama, in the Preface of Pierro Ferucci’s book, the power of kindness: The Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life.

Kindness: Buddha & Dalai Lama & COVID-19 - Stillness Speaks

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
940x627-kindness-dalai-lama.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
As one of humankind’s cardinal virtues and most cherished social currencies, kindness – no doubt – is important. According to one hypothesis, pro-social traits like kindness may have even primed our species for the evolution of language. As children and as adults, we seek kindness from our friends and our mates. We spend our days giving and receiving kindness. We remember kindness, too, its trail of goodwill echoing through our memory banks like sweet perfume, long after the moment has passed. Kindness moves us. It nourishes and heals; strengthens and uplifts. A smile, a touch born of kindness can crack open the most rugged of hearts, unclench the tightest of fists. It has been hailed by poets, philosophers and spiritual leaders as a gift, a religion, a language audible to the deaf and visible to the blind, a weapon to fight evil, and mankind’s greatest delight. And now, science is showing just why the accolades ring true.

Read much more at this blog -

Why Choose Kindness

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Not too sure IF I posted this? - it is happening in a few days ...

From June 24 to June 28, Lion’s Roar is gathering together 15 renowned spiritual teachers for five days of teachings and meditations on how to avoid burnout and look after your mind and body; overcome division to build healthy communities; and, rediscover joy, hope, and the motivation to create a better future.

With 29 inspirational teachings, meditations, and reflections, the Re-Awaken summit is a call to action for anyone looking for a positive way forward filled with loving-kindness, insight, and compassion.

More details -

Restoring the Mind to Kindness

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Plus check-out similar authors at right of page ...

There is no closer bond than the one that gratefulness celebrates, the bond between giver and thanksgiver. Everything is a gift. Grateful living is a celebration of the universal give-and-take of life, a limitless yes to belonging. Can our world survive without gratefulness? Whatever the answer, one thing is certain: to say an unconditional yes to the mutual belonging of all beings will make this a more joyful world. This is the reason why Yes is my favorite synonym for God.

David Steindl-Rast

TOP 25 QUOTES BY DAVID STEINDL-RAST (of 69) | A-Z Quotes

FineLinen

senior-woman-sitting-in-chair-and-laughing-with-nurse-in-retirement-picture-id1047536650

“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan

“Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman

“A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart

“Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca

“Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” – Bob Kerrey

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
4 Ways to Cultivate Kindness Online

Stop humble bragging—instead, share for real

Somewhere along the way, the word “sharing” got co-opted on social media to describe what is really just “humble bragging.” I might post about a cool thing I did, a pretty meal I ate, or a fun party I went to—all things that I didn’t actually share with you.

Instead of posting about things you did, which focuses your attention on yourself, reclaim the word “share” for what it really means—to give a small or large portion of what is yours to someone else. You could share advice, words of support, or even empathy all from your smartphone. As a result, you’ll feel better, and so will the people around you.

The rest of the blog is also worth a read ...

Cheers!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
4 Ways to Cultivate Kindness Online

Stop humble bragging—instead, share for real

Somewhere along the way, the word “sharing” got co-opted on social media to describe what is really just “humble bragging.” I might post about a cool thing I did, a pretty meal I ate, or a fun party I went to—all things that I didn’t actually share with you.

Instead of posting about things you did, which focuses your attention on yourself, reclaim the word “share” for what it really means—to give a small or large portion of what is yours to someone else. You could share advice, words of support, or even empathy all from your smartphone. As a result, you’ll feel better, and so will the people around you.

The rest of the blog is also worth a read ...

Cheers!
I've been taught and will someday live the truth that the best sharing is when experiences what could be considered a breeze which blows from one body to another without any personal, egoic, motivation.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness kindness sharing -

Tosses up a few ...

November’s Happy Act theme is kindness. People who practice kindness show more compassion and are more willing to help people in need. According to Character Strengths Interventions: A Field Guide for Practitioners by Ryan Niemiec, Psy.D., when we add more kindness into our lives, we help alleviate some of the negative effects of stress and anxiety. Kindness is also associated with other important character strengths, such as gratitude, leadership and love.

Read more ideas at their site -

Kindness Counts When Sharing Happiness

Cheers!