• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
fear-and-love.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From the ananda site -

What stands out from the experience is not the pain but the kindness I received from my friends. Their support and love towered above any throbbing in my body. Adam ran and purchased me a kombucha drink. Carmenza softly held my hand. Pushpendra iced the injury. Premdhara allowed me to squeeze his arm (with my other hand) so I could channel the pain. Frank went and got Dharmadevi and Bharavi so they could come and take me to urgent care. Aumkara pulled out an energy healing gadget channeling some healing frequency to the injury. Adriana dropped flower essences down my throat. There was one woman, I don’t even know her name, who came over to give me healing energy. Whoever you are, thank you!

Full piece here -

Overwhelming Kindness | Ananda Los Angeles

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
As the children file in, they write their names beneath an emotion written on the whiteboard–some under ‘angry,’ ‘tired’ or ‘sad,’ others under ‘happy.’ And one by one, the teacher acknowledges the emotion of each student. All feelings are welcome, and the children start their day being seen as they are in that moment–there is no wrong emotion. In this gentle way, they learn to simply acknowledge the varying complex emotions we all have within us. It may seem like a simple routine, but it has already made a significant difference to children all over Australia.

More here -

Kindness on Purpose

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
what-is-love.jpg

How could one define love? It is put most beautifully, I feel, in the words of Joni Mitchell: "Love is touching souls." And most simply, love is caring. As we all know, the feeling we have from loving and being loved, brings a warmth and richness to life in a way that that nothing else can.

Love, in its purest sense, is unconditional acceptance. Unconditional acceptance of someone or something, the way they are, without judgment. Accompanying that, or substituting for that in many cases when love is felt in personal relations, is desire, caring, attraction and admiration - and of course those qualities are increased if the feeling is mutual. But essentially, love is accepting and welcoming a person just as they actually are, without them having to put on an act or behave according to some hidden standard.

Full article here -

What is Love? - by Peter Shepherd

All the best!

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ooooops ... sorry about that - I thought I was in the "negativity" thread ... the quotes are not totally on topic - forgive me :)

Quotation-Desmond-Tutu-Do-your-little-bit-of-good-where-you-are-its-29-84-88.jpg

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Emotional skills kindness -

We're excited you're interested in improving thinking, self-regulation, learning, behavior and social-emotional skills in children. 10,000 teachers, parents, clinicians, and students have joined us to develop training platforms and tools to improve students learning and academic achievement, in fun and innovative ways.

Get updates on how students and teachers are implementing movement to improve cognition worldwide. Thank you for becoming an ambassador for students' health and cognition.

With joy and gratitude,

Dr. Lynne

Kindness is a Social Skill: Here's One Way To Teach It

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Emotional Skills That Can Improve Your Life

Emotional intelligence is commonly defined by four attributes:

1. Self-management – You’re able to control impulsive feelings and behaviors, manage your emotions in healthy ways, take initiative, follow through on commitments, and adapt to changing circumstances.
  2. Self-awareness – You recognize your own emotions and how they affect your thoughts and behavior. You know your strengths and weaknesses, and have self-confidence.
  3. Social awareness – You have empathy. You can understand the emotions, needs, and concerns of other people, pick up on emotional cues, feel comfortable socially, and recognize the power dynamics in a group or organization.
  4. Relationship management – You know how to develop and maintain good relationships, communicate clearly, inspire and influence others, work well in a team, and manage conflict.
More here -

Improving Emotional Intelligence (EQ) - HelpGuide.org

Enjoy!