• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
words-of-kindness-quotes.jpg

More of that kind of quote - here -

30 Inspiring Kindness Quotes to Live By | SayingImages.com

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ask yourself if this is an accurate description of you & your feelings ...

You help other people.

While giving is usually considered unselfish, providing social support may be more beneficial than receiving it.

Intuitively, I think we all know that because it feels awesome to help someone who needs it. Helping those in need is not only fulfilling, but also a reminder of how comparatively fortunate we are--which is a nice reminder of how thankful we should be for what we already have.

Plus, receiving is something you cannot control. If you need help--or simply want help--you can't make others help you. But you can always control whether you offer and provide help.

And that means you can always control, at least to a degree, how happy you are, because giving makes you happier.

Full article with 6 other questions here -

If You Say Yes to Any of These 7 Questions, Science Says You're Much Happier Than You Think

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found this article about some youngsters trying 2 make this world a happier place in which to exist -

When it was time for the Girl Scouts of Troop 41645 in Cincinnati to choose their Bronze Award project, they came up with a simple but ambitious goal: To make the world a better place. And, after brainstorming ideas, they decided the best way to do that was simply to make people happier.

Scouting for Happiness

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
At that same site -

Teaching children prosocial behavior can benefit the whole family.

Believe it or not, our children are hard-wired to be kind. In fact, we all are because it was essential for our survival as a species. Back in the 19th century, Charles Darwin noted that “those communities which included the greatest number of the most sympathetic members would flourish best and rear the greatest number of offspring.” When we look after each other, we all do better.

But, more than that, our brains and bodies have built-in mechanisms to encourage us to be kind. When we are kind to others our brain’s reward centers light up as our bodies release the happy hormone dopamine. This is why people often report experiencing a ‘helper’s high’ after volunteering. Doing good feels good. But that’s not all; it seems that kindness is good for our health, too. When we partake in prosocial behavior our bodies also release the chemical oxytocin. One of the side effects of this happy hormone is that it lowers our blood pressure and even protects our hearts. So doing good does us good, too.

Read the rest here -

Four Ways to Grow Kind Kids

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Wouldn’t it be great if you could walk into a store and buy lifelong happiness? The idea’s not as fanciful as it sounds—as long as whatever you buy is meant for someone else.

Two recent studies suggest that giving to others makes us happy, even happier than spending on ourselves. What’s more, our kindness might create a virtuous cycle that promotes lasting happiness and altruism.

In one of the studies, published last year in the Journal of Social Psychology, researchers in Great Britain had participants take a survey measuring life satisfaction, then they assigned all 86 participants to one of three groups. One group was instructed to perform a daily act of kindness for the next 10 days. Another group was also told to do something new each day over those 10 days. A third group received no instructions.

Full article here -

Kindness Makes You Happy… and Happiness Makes You Kind

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Visualize helping. Every morning, take just a few minutes to close your eyes and visualize yourself helping some of the people you know you will encounter during the day. In psychology, this is called “priming,” and lots of new research suggests it’s very effective in shaping behavior. For instance, a study by psychologists Mario Mikulincer and Phillip Shaver found that people were more willing to help someone in need after they’d been prompted to think about a caring and supportive figure in their lives. If you do a little positive mental imaging before your day begins, you’ll be more likely to respond helpfully to the world around you.

More tips -

Six Ways to Boost Your “Habits of Helping”

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness stories -

As an Insurance Agent I have to visit clients at their homes to collect their insurance premiums. I had an elderly client named Ms. Gooden. She is a sweet lady and always does her best to keep me at her home as long as she can. One day as I was leaving, she told me about the flowers she wished she had in her yard. She said that when she was growing up the only flowers she could remember seeing were the ones pictured on the large flour sacks. I asked her, "if you had flowers what colors would you have?" She answered me back in a sad voice that any color would be beautiful to her.

One day when I knew she had a doctor's appointment I went to a nursery and bought many colorful and beautiful flowers. I went to her home and planted them in an area of the yard so that when she looked out the window she would see a beautiful assortment of blooms.

Top 10 Kindness Stories of 2018, by KindSpring Editors

Plus the links in each story - eg -

Christmas Eve Alone

:)