• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Create a compliment chain.

Each day when you open class, start a tradition of giving a student in your class a natural, genuine compliment. It’s then that student’s turn to, at some point in the day, bestow a compliment on a fellow student. Keep track of who receives your morning compliment each day so that everyone gets a chance to be part of the chain.

15 Ways to Teach Kids Kindness and Gratitude

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Loving-kindness, compassion, sympathetic joy and equanimity are rigorous meditation practices, used for the most part to cultivate one-pointed concentrated attention, out of which the powers of these evoked qualities emerge, transfiguring the heart. Just naming these qualities of heart explicitly and making their role explicit in our practice may help us to recognize them when they arise spontaneously during mindfulness practice. As well as to incline the heart and mind in that direction more frequently, especially in difficult times.

This Loving-Kindness Meditation is a Radical Act of Love - Mindful

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Anthe great site -

How great is it that our random acts of kindness and good deeds can make someone else’s entire day?

HumanKind: Changing the World One Small Act At a Time is a heartwarming, national bestseller that shares true stories about how a seemingly small act of kindness can transform thousands of lives. Like the six-year-old who started a global kindness movement and the $45 donation that rippled across continents to change more than 800 families’ lives. (“The most uplifting book in years”—Forbes.) For inspiration, check out the book.

For now, here are 103 random acts of kindness and good deeds, that you can do today to carry out kindness and be an everyday hero:

103 Random Acts of Kindness – Ideas to Inspire Kindness

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Search for -

Stories about kindness {books} - a few! for kids of ALL ages!

For example -

Below are cute and fun stories of kindness for children. We LOVE reading these sweet, thought-provoking books to our students. Kindness and non-bullying is so important to teach to children of all ages (...and let's face it, adults too!) And, it's a topic that must be taught and retaught in order to be effective. One excellent way to do this without losing the effectiveness of the message is to use children's books that tell stories of kindness! During storytime, kids are especially receptive to lessons that teach values. Stories of kindness will reach their hearts in way that direct discussions never can. We love these books!

Powerful Stories of Kindness in Children's Books

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I believe a small group of people with compassion and kindness in their hearts can change the world, after all, that’s why we do the work we do. There’s a simple equation that says when you feel better, you treat other people better, and this produces a ripple effect that spreads out to everyone around you. One act of kindness is like dropping a pebble in a pond—the ripple spreads out to everyone and everything around you. The next thing you know, some lily pad in the far corner of the pond gets an uplifting shake and wiggle and it doesn’t know why.

The Reason Why Kindness Makes Us Happy

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A little story to set the mood: When I was in high school, I remember having a bad day because someone said something that wasn’t exactly nice that really hurt my feelings. If you’ve met me, I enjoy talking (sometimes a bit too much) and was often outgoing in a classroom setting. But after the incident, I was sitting in my calculus class pretty silently. After the lesson, my calculus teacher pulled me aside, asked what was wrong, and then gave me a piece of advice that I’ve never forgotten.

How to Be Kind: Examples, Tips, & List

Loads more at that site - remind me!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - berkeleywellbeing.com kindness

For example -

What are random acts of kindness and how might you practice them in your life? Get tons of ideas for how to use random acts of kindness (and boost your well-being).

Have you ever done something nice for someone else, ‘just because’. It wasn’t to repay them or because you had to—it was simply because you wanted to. Well then, you’ve done a random act of kindness. Read on to learn how to do more random acts of kindness in your life to boost your mood and improve the lives of others.

Random Acts of Kindness: List of 99+ Ideas & Examples

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Virtues We Need to Teach the Next Generation

In an age where we can pick a fight with a stranger we haven’t even seen in person, kindness seems like an option more than a virtue. We tend to be kind only to those people we like and block those we hate. It’s become easier for us to criticize people for their faults without even acknowledging the good things they’ve done.

Is this really the kind of world we want the next generation to inherit?

Read more here -

8 Virtues We Need to Teach the Next Generation

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Loads more at that site if you scroll down ... or the links on right of screen -

In most religions around the world, charity is a basic tenet. Since ancient times, society has always felt the need to help its most vulnerable members. For Christians, Christian charity is emphasized in bible verses from the old to the new testament.

You see, charity is not just about giving away old stuff and volunteering when you have the time. It’s a continuous effort to make life better for others, especially those who have less than you. No matter your financial situation right now, there’s always something you can do to ease other people’s suffering. That’s how charity should be. It’s not about what you can give but what you are willing to give.

30 Charity Bible Verses That Will Inspire You To Help Others

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
There’s a famous saying that goes: train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Indeed, a child’s formative years play a big role in how they behave as adults. At this age, they are like sponges. They absorb everything that adults around them do. The things you teach your child today will stay with them until their later years.

That’s why if you want your kid to grow up to be a kind and warm-hearted person, you need to teach them as early as now.

100+ Acts of Kindness You Can Teach Your Kids - Our Father's House Soup Kitchen

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Gratitude opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it."

Stephen Richards

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ask someone about their day and listen actively

When I was depressed, it was tough for me to open my mouth and spit out my anxious thoughts and feelings to another person without them asking first. I didn’t want to force my negativity onto others, and I didn’t want to be the first one to ask, ‘Hey, do you mind if I rant about something to you for 10 minutes?’

I had some hardship just like most people in the world; chances are some of your friends also have something that they want to spit out but don’t have the opportunity to do so.

What if you randomly ask them about their day and listen actively to what they are saying? It will surprise them. By listening actively, you also build trust, which will tell you what’s been on their minds for so long. Don’t take this for granted and think that they are putting all their negativity onto your shoulders.

If someone tells you about their struggles openly and honestly, you should cherish the moment because no one wants anybody to see them at their worst besides the ones they trust the most.

By doing so, not only can you help your friends release some of their pressure off of their shoulders but also build stronger bonds among you and them.

Many more at this website -

Little Things You Can Do to Brighten Someone’s Day

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness is not something to be wished for, mimicked, or developed in some future time. It is readily accessible, always with us, and waiting to be tapped as an innate quality of the mind. At first, it might not be immediately obvious how sitting in isolation and focusing on the breath can benefit other people, but when we’re training the mind to be kinder, less judgmental, and more understanding, it makes sense that meditation can have a positive effect on our relationships and the world around us.

For more - click below -

Meditation for compassion (aka loving kindness) - Headspace

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.”

Then the righteous will answer him, saying, “Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?” And the King will answer them, “Truly, I say to you, as you. did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”

Comes from this page -

39 Powerful Bible Verses About Giving — Bible Lyfe

All the best!