• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - kindness how to be nicer

Act With Kindness

Being a nice person means acting with kindness, and research suggests that kindness can positively impact your brain. Individual acts of kindness trigger the release of oxytocin and endorphins and appear to foster the creation of new neural connections.

Being kind is a self-reinforcing habit. We crave the feel-good sensation of being kind, so one act of kindness can easily lead to another.

6 Ways to Become a Nicer Person

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Do it with kindness

Work can be demanding. Life can be demanding. In the race to “get it done,” it can be easier to rush. However, there’s always time to do it with kindness. Treat people respectfully. Empathy at home, at work and in life is essential to understand others and understand the human condition.

Comes from this webpage -

How To Be Happy: 20 Ways To Be Happier Today

Enjoy your browsing!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More stories of kindness -

TV chef and restaurant owner Tom Kerridge has rallied a group of volunteers to raise over £100,000 in over 48 hours for those on the front line. The restaurant owner and a group of helpers from Marlow have raised the money to help fund free meals for NHS workers and others needing them in neighbouring towns and communities.

The chef expressed his gratitude for the helping hand, stating: "I know the people of Marlow are a very generous group, but I'm astonished by the speed and the kindness. People realise that as well as looking after our own neighbours, we need to help the front line in the big hospitals where NHS teams are doing astonishing work. Thank you, Marlow, I'm proud of you."

8 acts of kindness during lockdown from celebrities and royals that will warm your heart

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ideas to help others who may be having a bad day -

It’s never fun to see someone sad, especially if it’s someone you care about. But how can you cheer this person up? How can you make someone happy?

While there are plenty of ways to share your happiness with others, I’ve listed the 25 most fun and actionable ways to make someone happy. From standing up for someone who’s mistreated to hiding a care package for someone who’s had a ****ty day: I’m sure there are two or three ways that you can use to make someone happy and smiling today.

In the end, it’s scientifically proven that making others happy leads to greater happiness for yourself as well. So what are you waiting for? Get started and make the world a happier place.

Read the suggestions here -

25 Ways To Make Someone Happy (And Smiling!) - Tracking Happiness

Plenty more at that site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When the pandemic first came to California and lockdowns were instituted, many of my neighbors set out to help each other. Some called elderly neighbors to be sure they were OK. Others collaborated with local restaurants to create a low-cost food delivery service, feeding people around the city while helping restaurants find a source of income during closures. Still others began a drive to collect masks for essential workers.

These acts of altruism warmed my heart. But what motivated some neighbors to step up to do this, while others didn’t? And is altruism enough when it comes to disaster relief?

The Many Ways We Helped Each Other During COVID

Cheers!

FineLinen

iu

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - review human kind Brad Aronson

One site -

Let's be honest. From pandemics and protests, to elections, mask wars, unemployment, and educational woes, the year 2020 has been straight-up savage. The world is overwhelming, crackling with tension, vitriol, and despair so that most days I'm afraid to turn on the TV. Humankind provided a much needed respite from the distressing news cycle, lifted my heavy heart, and restored my faith in humanity. This. This. This is what I needed to read right now -- and I'm guessing you do to.

The idea for this book was born from the countless acts of kindness shown to author Brad Aronson's family during his wife's two-and-a-half year battle with leukemia. Brad was so touched by the generosity of family, friends, acquaintances, and even complete strangers that he began to keep track of all the good deeds that helped the family make it through the tough times. Taken on their own, many of these acts might have seemed inconsequential but, collectively, they made all the difference to Brad and his family. Brad says, "Each small act was a link in the chain mail that protected our family. I'm guessing those people don't know that it was only with each of their seemingly small contributions that the armor was complete." In this book, Brad tells more than his own story -- he builds on it -- sharing stories of countless others who have been touched by simple acts of kindness.

READING FOR SANITY BOOK REVIEWS: HumanKind: How to Change the World One Small Act at a Time - Brad Aronson

Sounds well-worth a read!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Smile at everyone you meet.

A smile is a miracle worker.

It makes us more attractive and can change our mood. No one can deny that smiling is contagious. Many have written that smiling relieves stress, boosts your immune system, and releases endorphins and serotonin. A smile can light up your face and make you look younger. A smile is a gift that we receive only by giving to others!

The greatest gift of a smile is that it keeps nothing for itself. Its purpose is to give, to console, to inspire, to cherish, to love, to multiply. Give yours freely to others. Spread happiness and feel it grow inside you. Be contagious.

Your smile brings light to the world. Would you deny the world moments of brightness?

Choose to Be Kind and Change the World

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From a site all about supporting those who are spiritually awakening -

The ocean also serves as a metaphor of oneness. When we realize that we are all connected and we are all one divine consciousness, then it typically follows that we want to offer kindness and love to others. Most of us don't want to feel pain, and knowing that pain inflicted on another is pain inflicted on ourselves is a powerful knowing. It naturally leads us away from harming others, which is what the Bible and other sacred texts tell us is a bad thing (Thou Shalt Not Kill). It naturally leads us to want to help others who are suffering because those who suffer typically pass on suffering to others because it is the only way they know how to live.

Read the rest -

9 Spiritual Truths to Live By

All the best!

FineLinen

10-year-old makes chemo comfort bags for patients

A thoughtful 10-year-old girl is dedicating her time to crafting "chemo comfort bags" for hospital patients after seeing her grandfather battle pancreatic cancer.

Sophie Enderton said she decided she wanted to brighten the days of chemotherapy patients shortly after her grandfather – Terry – explained what the treatment is and why it’s challenging for people.

Sophie learned of Terry’s diagnosis in October 2021 and set out to make comfort bags for chemo patients over the holiday season.

With help from her family, Sophie put together crocheted bags filled with items that are meant to enhance comfort, including blankets, small pillows, games, word searches, cozy socks and mitts.

FineLinen

“One of the highest of human duties is the duty of encouragement. It is easy to laugh at men's ideals; it is easy to pour cold water on their enthusiasm; it is easy to discourage others. The world is full of discouragers. We have a Christian duty to encourage one another. Many a time a word of praise or thanks or appreciation or cheer has kept a man on his feet. Blessed is the man who speaks such a word.” ~William Barclay

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A gallery of quotes - and underneath each image is a link to the book that the quote comes from -

Galleries – 12s Index | Spirituality & Practice

For example -

Chogyam Trungpa, one of the great Tibetan masters of meditation, presents the 59 slogans which have been used for centuries to train the mind and engender loving-kindness. They have been designed as exercises to reverse the ego's logic. For instance, take "Drive all blames into one." This practice means owning the blame instead of always pointing the finger at others. "Be grateful to everyone" is a slogan that enables us to rejoice in our dependence on others. "Abandon any hope of fruition" challenges us to stop trying to control the future or acting in such a way as to insure things go our way.

"Don't expect applause" is a very difficult one since we've all been taught to take credit for making good things happen. The point is to practice kindness and generosity without any hope of recognition or reward. "Always maintain a joyful mind" counsels us to look on the positive side of things and keep our spirits up. Trungpa really hits the bull's eye with his commentary on the slogans. They are essential tools for the spiritual warrior in a world of difficulties, disappointments, surprises, and constant change.

Comes from this book -

Training the Mind and Cultivating Loving-Kindness by Chogyam Trungpa | Review | Spirituality & Practice

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From a recent email ...

Skill No. 4: Intentional Kindness

What it is: Being actively kind and compassionate toward others without expecting anything in return.

I used to approach my days like a series of sprints I had to finish as efficiently as possible. Who had time to stop and chat with a colleague or actually look at the barista handing me my coffee and say “thank you”? Not busy people like me.

Don’t get me wrong: I wasn’t rude, and it’s not like I never said “thank you” to people. It’s that I saw no purpose in small, kind interactions with others, especially people I didn’t know. Yet when I completely burned out, I couldn’t sprint through my days. My efficiency became useless because I could hardly function. Suddenly, there was time and space in my days, which created room for kindness.

Read much more here -

Strengthening Your Emotional Fitness Can Help You Be a Force for Good, Says Russian Refugee and Best-Selling Author Nataly Kogan. These 5 Practices Will Help You Get Started This Week (They Take 5 Minutes or Less!) | Nataly Kogan

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Acting with kindness is a wonderful idea, but too often it gets forgotten or overlooked in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. However, the power of kind actions makes them worth investing the extra effort they may take. Just one small act of kindness can change your day for the better, and kind acts can also end up having a tremendous impact on the world around you.

Kindness Is Contagious......Try Some Today! - InspireMyKids

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Inspiring stories about kindness -

There's no denying it, the news has not been easy to digest recently. When you take a look at what's been going on in the world, it's easy to feel down. That is why it's important to take a moment to acknowledge all of the ordinary people with kindness in their hearts out there who are doing good in the world.

As the never-wrong Mister Rodgers once said,My mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers — so many caring people in this world.We hope you have a box of tissues nearby, because we've rounded up some of the "helpers" out there who have changed the world for the better in recent years. For those looking for a way to make a difference, you can borrow some ideas from these thoughtful individuals.

Comes from this site -

41 Random Acts of Kindness That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity - Good Samaritan Stories

Cheers!