• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The truth is, none of us really knows how much someone else is hurting. We could be standing right beside someone who feels completely broken or is facing the battle of their lives and have no idea. Be kind always."

From the Tiny Buddha site! - checkout their menus!

Or search for Tiny Buddha kindness -

Hope this link works -

tiny buddha kindness - Google Search

Here is one -

E5EwLj7XwAErZYK.jpg

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Although I aspire to give without expectations, I know I’m not able to do so fully at the present time.

There’s so much I give freely without a second thought. For example, each year, I carefully write 40,000 - 60,000 words on Always Well Within as a gift from my heart, nearly an entire traditional-length manuscript.

But other times, after giving, I go into an emotional nosedive when I don’t get the response I unknowingly craved.

Does that happen to you sometimes too?

How to Give Without Expectations and Overcome the Need for Acknowledgement & Praise — Always Well Within

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From the greater good site -

Early in his book, Marc Ian Barasch makes clear that he has no illusions about human behavior. He knows that even the most well-intentioned people fall prey to selfishness and apathy, and “there are days compassion seems as notional as a dusting of powdered sugar on a devil’s food cake.” But he can’t shake the idea that “a compassionate life is more fulfilling,” and he finds himself fascinated and inspired by people who exude empathy. Field Notes on the Compassionate Life chronicles his attempts to better understand these people who so powerfully embody the better side of human nature—and to see if there’s hope for more of us (including Barasch himself) to be more like them.

His “search for the soul of kindness” leads him across a slew of scientific discoveries into the nature of compassion and altruism. Some of this research will be familiar to readers of this magazine, whether it’s primatologist Frans de Waal’s studies of empathy in apes or psychologist Richard Davidson’s research linking meditation to heightened states of positive emotion. But Barasch has done all readers a service by covering so much of this research in a single volume. In just over 350 pages, he provides an engaging and very thorough overview of the tremendous strides scientists have made toward understanding the roots and the extent of human goodness.

Read more -

Book Review: Field Notes on the Compassionate Life

Plus menus etc at that site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Have you ever done something nice for someone else, ‘just because’. It wasn’t to repay them or because you had to—it was simply because you wanted to. Well then, you’ve done a random act of kindness. Read on to learn how to do more random acts of kindness in your life to boost your mood and improve the lives of others.

Comes from this page about emotional skills for a better quality-of-life -

Emotional Skills: 25 Skills That Improve Your Life

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
75 real life stories of everyday giving from our sister site, Makes Me Think, that will put a smile on your face and inspire you to pay it forward.

Today, when I landed at J.F.K. for a business trip, I turned on my phone and was inundated with several voicemails and text messages from family and close friends back in Seattle. “Call home. Your mom had a severe stroke and is currently in intensive care,” read the first text message to pop-up on my phone. My boss was with me, told me she’d handle things herself, and insisted that I catch the next flight back home. As I stood in line at the ticket counter, talking to my brother about my mother’s condition, crying, and explaining that I was going to try to make a flight that leaves in 30 minutes, the twelve people in line in front of me overheard my conversation and let me skip to the front. Then after the Delta rep quickly issued me a ticket, she walked around the counter, handled me a box of tissues, and before I had a chance to react, gave me a big hug. I made my flight. And my mom is now in stable condition. MMT

Read more stories at this site -

75 Day-Brightening Stories of Generosity

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From that same site -

In today's world, it can be a challenge to be selfless. Because many people are focused on being individualistic, it may appear that being selfish is now the norm. Even though it can be frustrating to learn how to be selfless, particularly when everyone seems to be focused on themselves, this is a critically important part of your overall health.

When you take the time to be selfless around other people, you will find that your impact on the world becomes magnified. Therefore, take a few minutes and think about ways you can be selfless when you are surrounded by selfish people.

Finally, if you need some help on your journey to selflessness and spirituality, here's a roundup of the best enlightenment apps.

You can read the entire article here -

8 Ways to Be Selfless (When Surrounded by Selfish People)

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - spirituality practice kindness - for example -

Unkind words, spoken in a fit of emotion, are like a conflagration spreading over the forest of friendship, burning up all the green plants of courteous dealings and sympathetic thoughts. Banish unkind words forever, and protect your life from the invasion of trouble and sudden partings.

Heartfelt kindness is liberating. When you experience deep kindness in your heart, you are at peace inwardly and see everything as part of God. You accept all things without judgment, and look with kindness and sympathy on everyone, no matter how wrong. Always be kind to others so that you may learn the art of being kind to yourself.

Kindness: Foundation of the Spiritual Life — Ananda

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
As you focus on the kind people in the world, you will notice more and more kind people. You will feel better and better. As you imagine and feel, kind and loving interactions in all areas of life, more of those will be drawn into your reality. At first, you will only feel better due to your own thoughts, but those better feelings are an indicator that you are vibrating at a higher level. Soon, in this vibration, your outer world will start to mold itself around the inner.

As you focus on appreciating all you have and appreciating the thought of all you dream of having, you start to feel good. You start to feel abundant. These feelings are your first indication that you are vibrating at a higher level. Soon, in this abundant vibration, your outer world will start to mold itself around the inner.

From this timely email -

Messages from Ann and the Angels - 10/16/2021

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ways to create a kinder world -

“Real meaning and true happiness come from thinking about other people—and from actions that bring meaning or joy to other peoples’ lives,” says Christine Carter, Ph.D., sociologist and senior fellow at UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center and the author of Raising Happiness: 10 Simple Steps for More Joyful Kids and Happier Parents.

In Carter’s experience, two things happen once you start practicing kindness and compassion. As you begin to do kind things for people, they start reciprocating. And because you’re more conscious of kindness—and more observant—you start noticing acts of kindness everywhere.

2 Simple Ways To Create A Kinder World

All the best!