• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A brand new survey from Travelodge offers some upbeat news, just in time for Random Acts of Kindness Day! It shows that kindness has been the salve helping Britons get through the COVID-19 pandemic.

But it digs deeper. It ranks acts of kindness in terms of how much they have touched people in the last year, and identifies the UK’s top 10 "Kindness Heroes". It also reveals how real people behind this hotel chain have stepped up to offer support to those in need.

New Survey Reveals That Kindness is Doing Great! - Goodnet

Plenty more at that site!

Cheers.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
159e100d9e56f9e31f6687679c3f57fe.jpg

Comes from this page -

A person’s most useful #asset.. #heart #love #help #life #inspiration #motivation #quotes #thedailylife | Helping others quotes, Positive quotes, Wisdom quotes

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What to do if you Lost your Faith in Humanity

Spend too much of your thought time in the news, and you may find you lose your faith in the decency and fundamental goodness of others. But the picture presented by most media is skew-whiff, and before you know it, can lead to the distorted impression that human beings are mostly cruel, mean-spirited and selfish. That’s a real loss in perspective.

If you feel like you are losing your faith in humanity, stop focusing on what is wrong with other people, and start paying attention to the kindnesses and acts of charity and love that also prevail.

This post contains a few other suggestions on what to do when you lost faith in humanity. Noticing that you have lost it, and having the intention to address that, is a great start.

Read the rest here -

How to recover a lost faith in humanity

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - dailygood.org kindness

Even if we do not achieve perfect peace on earth, because perfect peace is not of this earth, common endeavors to gain peace will unite individuals and nations in trust and friendship and help to make our human community safer and kinder.

I used the word ‘kinder’ after careful deliberation; I might say the careful deliberation of many years. Of the sweets of adversity, and let me say that these are not numerous, I have found the sweetest, the most precious of all, is the lesson I learned on the value of kindness. Every kindness I received, small or big, convinced me that there could never be enough of it in our world. To be kind is to respond with sensitivity and human warmth to the hopes and needs of others. Even the briefest touch of kindness can lighten a heavy heart. Kindness can change the lives of people.

Loads more at the site -

5 Reasons To Be Kind, by KindSpring | DailyGood

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness has been defined as actions intended to benefit others. It may also be defined as "having or showing a friendly, generous, and considerate nature, and as encompassing gentleness, respect, amiability, and concern" (Johnstone, 2010).

Some have suggested that kindness should be distinguished from "acts of kindness" or ethical behavior because true kindness—the type of kindness that improves our well-being—comes from a desire to be kind. In fact, practicing kindness when you don't want to can make you feel obligated or even resentful. That's why I believe each person needs to define kindness in their own way.

Kindness: Definition, Ideas, & Examples

Loads more at that site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Choose to Be Kind and Change the World

From that Tiny Buddha site again -

While volunteering my carpentry skills for Fundacion Uaguitupu on the outskirts of Panama City, Panama, I made a difference by assisting Kuna Indian communities in the renovation of their homes and churches. There was an abundance of necessary repairs, but unfortunately, funding could not keep pace with the work to be done.

After three months of doing what I could with the resources available, I had done little worthy of the evening news, yet a small patch of the world had become a better place because I had been there. Sadly, in many parts of the world it doesn’t take much to be considered an improvement.

I am forever amazed at the capacity of those who live difficult lives to treat others with kindness and compassion. I was welcomed into many homes, treated with great respect, and graciously thanked for my time in the community.

It is humbling to think that I have so much to give, when the truth is I have so much more to learn.

One of the most important things I’ve learned is that each and every one of us can change the world!

Too many of us believe we have no power to make a difference. I have entertained the thought many times.

Making a difference often takes time, and our kindness may not grow roots until long after we’ve fertilized the flower beds. Focus on the act of giving, rather than the results of your actions. Detach from outcome, and you’ll be free to make a difference in ways you never imagined.

You don’t have to eradicate world hunger. Simply do something good everyday.

Read the full article here -

Choose to Be Kind and Change the World

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
According to David Fryburg, M.D.:

Here’s the “secret sauce”: kindness works its magic because it creates or strengthens connections between living beings. When we truly understand that we are connected to one another, we give more freely, we treat each other with respect, we act with integrity, and we trust one another. As the socio-biologic need for kindness and connection is fulfilled, health, happiness, meaning, collaboration, and peace readily flow from there.

This is truly profound. Essentially, kindness is the glue that helps connect us to each other and can help us feel fulfilled, meaningful, and peaceful on a spiritual level!

Find ways to be kind to the people in your life as well as random acts of kindness.

Comes from this fascinating list of things to nourish your soul - if you believe you have a soul, that is ...

18 Ways to Intentionally Nurture and Nourish Your Soul

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From the very well mind site -

While some people may come by altruistic tendencies more naturally, there are things that you can do to help foster helpful behaviors in yourself and others. Some things that you can do to help cultivate altruism include:
  • Find inspiration: Look to inspirational people who engage in altruistic acts. Seeing others work to actively improve the lives of individuals and communities can inspire you to act altruistically in your own life
Psychologists Explain Why We Risk Our Own Well-Being to Help Others

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's a video with the Dalai Lama answering questions from Australians.

After one question, he describes his mother as being very kind & generous and a great example in actions not just words.

Enjoy! ->

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
This one from the Greater Good website -

In many ways, the coronavirus pandemic has demonstrated the extent to which we rely on others. This year, we’ve been forced to find new ways to stay connected, whether that’s signing up for virtual volunteering, organizing Zoom happy hours, or using resources like Nextdoor’s Help Map to obtain essential supplies.

Read much more here -

Well-being | Tags | Greater Good

All the best!!

Last edited: