• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Calm sage kindness?

Leads to this meditation -

According to a study, Loving Kindness Meditation is a very popular meditation technique that is practiced to welcome compassion in our lives along with other benefits such as, improving interpersonal relationships, constructing feelings of empathy, sympathy, and altruism, and dealing with overwhelming emotions.

With so much chaos going in our lives and mind, we all wish to settle it for once and for all. There are many ways to achieve it but picking the best one is a daunting task in itself. Well, not anymore, Calm Sage is sharing with you the best intervention that will help you settle your mind and improve your mental wellness. The cherry on the cake is that this practice is compassion-based, making its impact even more powerful.

Practice Loving Kindness Meditation: A Step-by-Step Guide

Looks an interesting site!

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Lion's Roar is another great site -

“Do you have a kind heart today?” the Indian master Atisha asked. He posed this question to whomever he might encounter in his daily travels. Can you envision someone stopping you in a busy shopping mall in the midst of the holiday hustle and asking you that very question? I imagine that any of us would be caught unawares, stumbling over ourselves to come up with a good response. “Umm, I’m a little busy right now,” we’d say. “I have a lot of shopping to do. Yeah, ok, I’m feeling pretty kind. I am buying people all this stuff, you know.” And on we’d march to the next store, with the single-pointed attention of a hunting dog sniffing out his prey. “Geez, what a weirdo,” we might mumble to our companions, glancing back at master Atisha as he asks the question of another unsuspecting shopper.

‘Tis the Season of Compassion

Enjoy your day!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Be Kind To Each Other

1330095900937625608-png__700.jpg

If You’re Feeling Down, These 50 Wholesome Pics Might Lift You Up (New Pics)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. - Lao Tzu

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happy New Year 2 all of our loyal & devoted readers!

Here's a collection of book reviews at the Mindful site.

One is called "Humankind" by Rutger Bregman.

Here is a taste -

This gets to the heart of what Bregman is about: Because people have done bad things, including some very shockingly bad things (see the Holocaust), we revert to a simplistic story of basic badness. Then, we design things based on that belief, leading to outcomes like mass incarceration. He’s asking us to consider what would happen if we started from a belief in people’s fundamental decency, for which we also have a great deal of evidence. Would we build a better world?

Read all of the reviews here -

The Best Mindfulness Books of 2020 - Mindful

Enjoy your reading!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found this site interesting ...

Then found a blog about support & kindness -

More recently I joined Instagram and discovered the disability community on social media made up of kind, compassionate and wonderful people. The friends I have made on there are for life. My main coping mechanisms are writing blogs either on Instagram or my blog site and taking the time to note down why I am feeling so low. I find writing and supporting others really therapeutic and with my blog and social media I get to do both. I also find going for a walk and taking some me time e.g. having a bath, particularly during lockdown, can be beneficial to regroup and calm down.

The gift of kindness

Check-out their menus as well if you have the time & the inclination!

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
So ... try this - kindness mental health - plus suggested searches.

For example -

Why kindness?

We have chosen kindness because of its singular ability to unlock our shared humanity. Kindness strengthens relationships, develops community and deepens solidarity. It is a cornerstone of our individual and collective mental health. Wisdom from every culture across history recognises that kindness is something that all human beings need to experience and practise to be fully alive.

Why did we pick kindness as the theme?

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A kinder society? ...

We should change our mindset to create a better society. We live in diversity and should respect it because it's what makes us all alive. One day, I cried because of the respect that was given to Muslims after the New Zealand terrorist attack. People gathered around Muslims to protect them during prayer and wearing hijabs. If people in this world were like them, the world would be more peaceful. There would no racism, because we are same. There would be no wrong religion, because every religion is right and doesn't teach people to do evil things.

There's no difficult way to create a kinder society. We just have to respect each other. There are many actions to create it, such us tolerance and being kind to everyone.

Let's see how beautiful our world can be when filled with kindness and diversity. Imagine if there's no diversity in this world, we would never know what 'respect' is. If we judge and refuse diversity, it means we shut out the world, because the world is dull of diversity and kindness.

Developing a kinder society to make the world better

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
That got me onto kindness better world - several look worth a read ...

So, you want to change the world? Who says you can’t?

You’ve had the power this whole time. You just have to tap into it and embrace the ways you make changes.

You can start small or go big. The important thing is that you try. Even in little ways, we can change the world. It’s up to you to show up and make that difference.

Here are 40 acts of kindness to make the world a better place.

Read the full article here -

40 Acts of Kindness to Make the World a Better Place

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Also try - human nature kindness -

In the super-ocean of information on the Internet, it’s easy to get lost in endless details.

Endless articles explaining how to “maximize performance,” “optimize yourself,” “manifest abundance.” Endless op-eds on the latest political drama. Endless news stories, celebrity gossip, career advice, think pieces, outraged tweets, etc.

It’s enough to make your head spin. Life can begin to feel overwhelming and incomprehensible.

In the midst of this, it is useful and clarifying to return to fundamentals. Bedrock wisdom. Like this:

If you did nothing but practice kindness your entire life—if you knew almost nothing else—that would be okay.

More than okay: wonderful.

Be Kind. Little Else Matters.

But there are a couple of others I may explore ...

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found yet another rather long article -

We all have so much going on in our lives - including competing strains and stresses – not to mention the current coronavirus pandemic. This can see kindness pushed to one side, in favour of what is urgent or trending now.  

It can be easy to signal kindness by posting online and following a trend, but harder to commit to kindness in our daily words and actions.  

But if we take the time to be kind to other people, we can reap the emotional dividends. It can really make a difference and especially for people who are vulnerable or struggling.  

Now is the time to re-imagine a kinder society that better protects our mental health.

Read the full-piece here:

Kindness Matters guide

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Buddhism does not tell you to pull your socks up and be nicer to everybody, nor does it wag a stern finger at you when you behave badly or thoughtlessly. The fundamental problem is not of sin, but of delusion, and the way forward is therefore not through the uncomfortable shove that guilt is supposed to provide, but through insight. So the initial sense is of working on yourself for yourself.

It would be a big mistake, though, to suppose as some critics do, that because Buddhism starts with oneself, it also stops there. Far from it. Buddhism tells you that if you work at it you will be happier and kinder. Being a ‘good person’ is not a matter of denying yourself but of knowing yourself, and the better, the more clearly, you know yourself, the more everybody wins. Thus although many people are drawn to Buddhism for ‘selfish’ reasons, they discover that the package deal on offer includes a greater sense of natural concern for others, as well as the anticipated peace of mind.

~ Guy Claxton, The Heart of Buddhism: Practical Wisdom for an Agitated World.

Much more at this site - may have mentioned it before?

Helpful Words

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It is, I believe, as Mencius the grandson of Confucius, says, that just as water unobstructed will flow downhill, we, given the chance to be what we are, will extend ourselves in kindness. So, the real and lasting practice for each of us is to remove what obstructs us so that we can be who we are, holding nothing back. If we can work toward this kind of authenticity, then the living kindness - the water of compassion - will naturally flow. We do not need discipline to be kind, just an open heart.

~ from "The Book of Awakening" by Mark Nepo

TOP 25 QUOTES BY MARK NEPO (of 158) | A-Z Quotes

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Leads to ... encourage kids to be kind ...

Here is one of the results -

Today, judging others seems to be an activity practiced by far too many people. It’s all too easy to post comments about other people, whether they’re celebrities or ordinary, everyday citizens. Unkindness isn't new; humans have been cruel to each other for thousands of years.2 But today the ease, speed, and anonymity with which people can pass judgments and criticism onto others is unprecedented. Kids who are at the forefront of tech and social networking are learning from what they see around them.

Ways You Can Teach Your Kids Kindness and Why You Should

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Make kindness a habit in your family

It’s nice to get kids involved in fundraising, but sometimes fundraisers are too abstract. They don’t fully grasp the concept of who they are raising money for or how the money is being used.

It’s better to get them directly involved in donating items. Here are a few ways you can encourage your child to donate items to people in need:

Read the full article -

7 Acts of Kindness Kids of All Ages Can Do

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What is a kindness challenge?

A challenge someone takes to complete random acts of kindness. The goal is to spread happiness and gratitude to friends, family, and even complete strangers.

As a result, we have infused kindness into everything we teach here at Science of People. It fuels nearly everything we do! Whether we’re creating content about body language, personality, helpful skills, or pieces to make your day a bit more interesting - our goal is to help you live a better, more successful life, so you can learn how to be nice and share your knowledge, joy, and success with the people around you!

To help show you how to be a better person, I partnered with my friend Michelle‭‌‍‎‏‪‫‬‮⁠⁡⁢⁣⁤‬ Poler from Hello Fears. Michelle is not only one of the kindest people I know, but she also did her own personal challenge of conquering 100 fears in 100 days! She is both kind and courageous.

Read the full article here -

62 Unique Ideas to Be a Nicer Person, According to Science

Enjoy your day!