• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Caring for Others

We also want to be kind to others. According to Tibetan Buddhism, having loving compassion for all living beings is one of the great paths to happiness. Think of the ways you can be less self-centered and more selfless and serving. Being of service connects you to all living beings and connection breeds happiness. While we’re being kind we must also practice self-acceptance. This is key to cultivating long-lasting internal happiness.

Comes from this site -

Happy Place Found: 5 Reasons Why You Can Stop Searching for

All the best!

FineLinen

Kindness-Quotes.jpg

“The kindnesses … I never forget them. And so they keep one from becoming bitter. They encourage you to be as strong, as volatile as necessary to make a well world. Those people who gave me so much, and still give me so much, have a passion about them. And they encourage the passion in me. I’m very blessed that I have a healthy temper. I can become quite angry and burning in anger, but I have never been bitter. Bitterness is a corrosive, terrible acid. It just eats you and makes you sick.” - Jeffrey M. Elliot

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Remember!--It is Christianity to do good always--even to those who do evil to us. It is Christianity to love our neighbours as ourself, and to do to all men as we would have them do to us. It is Christianity to be gentle, merciful and forgiving, and to keep those qualities quiet in our own hearts, and never make a boast of them or of our prayers or of our love of God, but always to show that we love Him by humbly trying to do right in everything. If we do this, and remember the life and lessons of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and try to act up to them, we may confidently hope that God will forgive us our sins and mistakes, and enable us to live and die in peace.”

~ Charles Dickens

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Each week Steph Lowe speaks with experts from all over the world in the areas of nutrition, microbiome health, environmental sustainability, psychology, meditation and more. Together we’ll teach you the answers to becoming healthy, happy and a more conscious human, and why your contribution to the planet truly matters.

‎Health, Happiness & Human Kind on Apple Podcasts

Cheers!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From a recent search about awakening -

In 2009, I had an idea to start a ‘kindness revolution’. I left my job, designed some ‘Kindness Cards’ and booked a venue for my first-ever event. This simple idea has grown into Australia’s largest and most trusted community celebrating mindful living & leadership.

We’re now a community of 150,000+ people. We’ve posted out 400,000+ Kindness Cards and more than 45,000 guests have attended our sold-out events. It’s been a wonderful journey bringing together world leading speakers, musicians & scientists to help awaken the best in people and organisations.

I believe qualities like compassion, kindness and authenticity are no longer luxuries, but necessities for a flourishing and innovative society.

May this be of benefit to the whole!

This is the site -

About

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Interesting interview about kindness -

Gretchen: What’s a simple activity that consistently makes you happier?

Sonja: Research shows that there are many simple activities that reliably make people happier. My favorite is doing acts of kindness. The generous acts don’t have to be random and they don’t have to be a certain kind (e.g, anonymous or social or big, etc.). We have found that almost any types of acts of kindness boost happiness. And two hot-off-the-presses studies reveal even bigger benefits. An experiment we just published in PLOS ONE showed that when 9- to 11-year old kids were asked to do acts of kindness for several weeks, not only did they get happier over time but they became more popular with their peers. And another big intervention we just finished at a company in Spain showed that asking some employees to be generous to a randomly chosen list of colleagues (we called this our “Secret Santa” manipulation) produced huge benefits (for increasing happiness, connectedness, flow, and decreasing depression) not just for the givers, but for the receivers and even for observers. The recipients of kindness “paid the kind acts forward” and even acquaintances of the givers became happier and were inspired to act more generously themselves.

Almost Any Types of Acts of Kindness Boost Happiness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness needn’t be extravagant, costly or random. According to the Oxford Dictionary the definition of kindness is “the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate” and therefore an act of kindness could be as simple as giving a stranger a compliment, sending an encouraging email to a colleague, or letting somebody jump in ahead of you at the checkout. Researchers have argued that kindness is like a muscle that needs to be strengthened through repeated use, and this reinforces the notion that kindness is something that we can continuously nurture. The art here is to look for opportunities where you can demonstrate kindness and to practice! You’ll soon start to feel the benefits and can rest in the knowledge that your acts of kindness are not only significantly impacting your own life, but also positively impacting the lives of many others in the process.

The Power of Kindness

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
National Random Acts of Kindness Day, February 17, is a day when acts of kindness are encouraged and celebrated by people and organizations throughout this country. February is also the month when many celebrate Valentine’s Day—a day devoted to love. Young students pass out small greeting cards bought in bulk to all their classmates, and older students have “Heartgrams” delivered to each other during the class period before lunch time.

If you’re a teacher (or think back to your K–12 school days), what feelings does this day invoke? There are lots of hugs, smiles, and laughter (and candy), and more importantly, feelings of being cared for, seen, cherished, liked, admired, and even loved. Aren’t these emotions we’d like to foster everyday?

So why not celebrate and practice kindness intentionally in our classrooms and schools more routinely? Research tells us there are three domains of learning: cognitive (thinking), motor (physical), and affective (emotional/feeling). And as the Greek philosopher Aristotle supposedly said, “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.”

Read more -

Kindness: A Lesson Plan

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A Kindness Circle can take many shapes and forms, but it typically involves engaging experienced volunteers who help to facilitate a dialogue around kindness, a group reflection where all are encouraged to share inspiring stories and songs of kindness, and a kindness experiment where individuals get to put these ideas into action! The day usually finishes with a group share of reflections learned from the day. It’s simple, and yet, we’ve seen that the mere act of holding space, doing kind acts, and sharing stories creates a beautiful opportunity for authentic connection to emerge, and has a transformative effect on the lives of both children and adults.

Acts of Kindness | KindSpring.org

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Treat everyone with kindness--not because they are kindhearted, but because you are. One of the greatest gifts we can give another is kindness. If someone is in need, lend a helping hand. Don't do it only for the people you like and respect--that's easy--but also for the ones who drive you crazy and those you don't even know. True kindness lies in the act of giving without the expectation of getting something in return.

Comes from this link -

9 Valuable Principles That Will Make You Treat People Better

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found a huge site - lists of book reviews on a variety of virtues including kindness -

Refining Character | Book Feature | Spirituality & Practice

For example -

In our pragmatic and aggressively competitive culture, kindness is sometimes viewed as one of those effete virtues lacking in charisma or clout. Yet His Holiness the Dalai Lama has said, "Whether one believes in religion or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness." In this brief but worthwhile paperback, Harold Koenig, founder and co-director of Duke's Center for Spirituality, Theology, and Health, presents a succinct overview of kindness as "the gentle love."

The challenge, Koenig writes, is putting kindness into practice amidst the rigors and complexities of everyday life:

Here is the rest of the review - it's a huge site or did I already say that?

Kindness and Joy by Harold G. Koenig | Review | Spirituality & Practice

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
This page is all about transcending your ego ... and one tip is to do things for others ...

One of the main ways we see ego take over people’s lives is when it starts to manifest as selfishness. If you are someone that tends to be selfish and self-centered, this is your ego taking control. The first step, of course, is realizing that you act or tend to act in this way.

There is a way to start balancing these selfish acts out and it will bring a unique sense of happiness to your life in way that you never thought were possible. Do something small and selfless every day. It can be holding the door open for a stranger or shoveling your neighbor’s sidewalk. Either way, when you do one small selfless thing it begins to put your ego in check and you will start to feel a unique sense of happiness creep into your life that you may have never thought was possible.

Transcend Your Ego to Find Happiness

Cheers!