• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ketchup crisis

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I guess they don't appeal to canine posters.
They potato & onion....yum!
They're very close to "MEALS" from Good Omens

"CHOW^TM contained spun, plaited, and woven protein molecules, capped and coded, carefully designed to be ignored by even the most ravenous digestive tract enzymes; no-cal sweeteners; mineral oils replacing vegetable oils; fibrous materials, colorings, and flavorings. The end result was a foodstuff almost indistinguishable from any other except for two things... the nutritional content, which was roughly equivalent to that of a Sony Walkman. [...]

MEALS^TM was CHOW^TM with added sugar and fat. The theory was that if you ate enough MEALS^TM you would a) get very fat, and b) die of malnutrition."
- inventions of Famine

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They're very close to "MEALS" from Good Omens

"CHOW^TM contained spun, plaited, and woven protein molecules, capped and coded, carefully designed to be ignored by even the most ravenous digestive tract enzymes; no-cal sweeteners; mineral oils replacing vegetable oils; fibrous materials, colorings, and flavorings. The end result was a foodstuff almost indistinguishable from any other except for two things... the nutritional content, which was roughly equivalent to that of a Sony Walkman. [...]

MEALS^TM was CHOW^TM with added sugar and fat. The theory was that if you ate enough MEALS^TM you would a) get very fat, and b) die of malnutrition."
- inventions of Famine
I pity the food snob, who cannot enjoy pedestrian fare.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I pity the food snob, who cannot enjoy pedestrian fare.
I prefer real food not mass produced. As to Tater Tots having onion - dehyrated onion is very low on the ingredient list., They are potatoes and oil mostly.

Potatoes, vegetable oil (sunflower, cottonseed, soybean and/or canola), salt, yellow corn flour, dextrose, disodium dihydrogen pyrophosphate (to retain natural color), dehydrated onion, sodium sulfate, natural flavoring.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I prefer real food not mass produced. As to Tater Tots having onion - dehyrated onion is very low on the ingredient list., They are potatoes and oil mostly.
Very tasty oil & dried onions.
Potatoes, vegetable oil (sunflower, cottonseed, soybean and/or canola), salt, yellow corn flour, dextrose, disodium dihydrogen pyrophosphate (to retain natural color), dehydrated onion, sodium sulfate, natural flavoring.
It sounds so good when you put it that way.
Poor food snobs.....
Do you ceremoniously hold your pinky out
when sipping tea from your bone china?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It sounds so good when you put it that way.
Poor food snobs.....
Do you ceremoniously hold your pinky out
when sipping tea from your bone china?

Of course we do after a meal of thai/indian/burmese/mexican/african California Cuisine.

We leave eating out of a trough for people who like Haggis and Tater Tots.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course we do after a meal of thai/indian/burmese/mexican/african California Cuisine.

We leave eating out of a trough for people who like Haggis and Tater Tots.
I have all those foods here, & more.
Do you live in a food desert?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Maybe you are a smoker? Hunts is of course the better brand.
That is something I must do one of these days. Compare the different brands. I'm bad with that stuff. I like ketchup, though, and often combine it with mustard. :) Yummy, for me, at least, as a flavoring for salads and other things.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Considering the shortage, I'm wondering if they'll be able to catch up to demand.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I prefer mayonnaise, in the Belgian style (though I put a bit of garlic in mine, when I make it).
Indeed. Chacun à son goût.;)
I was saying...French fries without ketchup/mayonnaise are not French fries.
Personnally I only like mayonnaise when I prepare Russian salad.

Last edited:

Vee

Premium Member
That is something I must do one of these days. Compare the different brands. I'm bad with that stuff. I like ketchup, though, and often combine it with mustard. :) Yummy, for me, at least, as a flavoring for salads and other things.

Might be, but I've never found anything better for salads than olive oil and either lemon juice or balsamic vinegar; add some fresh herbs and it's just delicious and fresh. I love the Mediterranean cuisine.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
There is also a shortage of mayonnaise, so there is a real danger of the US entering a double-dip recession.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The Food Bureau suspects the manufacturers of Ranch salad dressing may be behind the shortages. They have the most to gain from either a ketchup or mayonnaise shortage.