• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kaaba can someone advise a good book to buy?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
My religion believes in Prophet Muhammad and the Quran. Actually I love the Quran so much and reading it brings me a lot of joy and Prophet Muhammad is very dear to my heart and Khadijeh and Aisha. Love and deeply respect them all.

I use the Kindle app on my iPad and have many digital books. I’ve read bits here and there about the Kaaba but I want something about its history for my reference library. How did it originate with Abraham and why did He erect it and is there scripture references about Him doing so? As much from the Quran as possible not Hadiths as only the Quran is the Word of God in Islam.

How did the Kaaba begin, develop and evolve? What is the ‘Black Stone’? Is it really a black stone and where did it or the story of it originate and is it in Mecca now? There is mention in the Bible and Quran too I think? Also did idols once reside there? Is Beca Mecca? Anyway I’m looking for a good kindle book any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
My religion believes in Prophet Muhammad and the Quran. Actually I love the Quran so much and reading it brings me a lot of joy and Prophet Muhammad is very dear to my heart and Khadijeh and Aisha. Love and deeply respect them all.

I use the Kindle app on my iPad and have many digital books. I’ve read bits here and there about the Kaaba but I want something about its history for my reference library. How did it originate with Abraham and why did He erect it and is there scripture references about Him doing so? As much from the Quran as possible not Hadiths as only the Quran is the Word of God in Islam.

I'll get back to you but some Qur'an verses that mention it include: Surah 2:215, 3:96, 5:95 and 22:26. :)

(edit; it was 3:96, not 63)

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I'll get back to you but some Qur'an verses that mention it include: Surah 2:215, 3:96, 5:95 and 22:26. :)

(edit; it was 3:96, not 63)

Thank you very much for these.

96 Truly the first house established for mankind was that at Bakkah, full of blessing and a guidance for the worlds.

26 And [remember] when We assigned for Abraham the place of the House, [saying], “Ascribe no partners unto Me, and purify My House for those who circumambulate, and those who stand, and those who bow and prostrate.

What about this one?

Psalm 84:5-6

5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baka,
they make it a place of springs;

Terry Sampson

What about this one?
Psalm 84:5-6
5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baka,
they make it a place of springs;

Athough I'm not an authority on the matter, I'm inclined to think that when the Psalmist wrote 84:5-6, the pilgrimage he referred to was not a pilgrimage to the Ka'aba. My brief research suggests to me that the Baka in the Psalm was a reference to Baqa al-Gharbiyye, Israel, north of Jerusalem and the "pilgrimage" referred was more likely to have been either a journey to Jerusalem or a metaphor for a spiritual journey of faith. Mecca is in Saudi Arabia.

According to a Google map, Mecca is a healthy hiking distance from Baqa al-Gharbiyye.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-15 Google Maps.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-15 Google Maps.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 0

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Athough I'm not an authority on the matter, I'm inclined to think that when the Psalmist wrote 84:5-6, the pilgrimage he referred to was not a pilgrimage to the Ka'aba. My brief research suggests to me that the Baka in the Psalm was a reference to Baqa al-Gharbiyye, Israel, north of Jerusalem and the "pilgrimage" referred was more likely to have been either a journey to Jerusalem or a metaphor for a spiritual journey of faith. Mecca is in Saudi Arabia.

According to a Google map, Mecca is a healthy hiking distance from Baqa al-Gharbiyye.

Thanks for that.