• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Joker was an Anti-Marxist Hero: The Dark Knight has an Anti-Marxist Parable

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Anyways, we digress and has much as I would love to discuss crossovers, we need to get back to the subject.

Many of you are confused about the character of the Joker, the problem starts when you see him as a character in his own right but the truth of the matter is that the Joker, the wild card in all this isn't really a character at all, he is an idea, a fundamental principle that the three main protagonists (Dent, Gordon and Batman) in this drama try to subvert and refuse to acknowledge as a factor when it comes to their vision as to the fate of Gotham just as Marx,Lenin and Trotsky refuse to acknowledge certain fundamental principles when it came to making their fantasy of a Worker's Paradise into a reality. It is a factors that would prove to be the undoing of all their good intentions. I know what factor the Joker really represents and it is not just that he is an agent of chaos, it is the why he is an agent of chaos and it factors into every attempt we have made in creating a utopia and it is the very reason why these undertakings are doomed to fail. I am sure some of you will guess what this factor is.