• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The joined triangles

elmarna

I have found my mind Filled with the image of the 2 triangles together. Night and day I have it emerge.
In meditation I came to realize it is not the star of David as I was taught.
It is - (sah-rah-el). Unity, inseparable, 1 and the same. I am only able to understand elementary mathematics.
I am sure a Rosecrucian has a better grasp of this.
It has come as my relationship with God grows. I am filled with the encouragement that God is urging me to pay attention to my language and the ways so I can truly stand within the 2 triangles and find( sah-voe).
This is a state where your language, ways, and world are the same.
Example: the man wants to taste something. So the ways support tasting. And his world experiences taste.
To move toward my world inseparable from God is a relationship I am willing to do.
My hesitation lies in the form of zen it speaks. To be only able to respond to his world and laws will limit me. The world is so full of things that do not speak or respond in his ways.
My faith is strong. I have never been encouraged without it being to my higher good! So my path to the 2 triangles has begun. In the center I am sure God will bless me with a purpose!

HeatherAnn

Interesting symbolic interpretation.
What I love about religious symbols is how they can be interpreted in countless ways - each can relate from their own perspective.

magen_david.gif

One idea I just had, is the idea that God is somewhat polarized - "there must needs be opposition in all things."
You can imagine one triangle pointing one way - then another pointing the opposite way.
I also see, as you mentioned some unity - many parts that make up the whole - and contribute together to being greater than the sum of the parts.

This idea of unity is experienced at our most personal level - in our bodies - where there are multiple body systems interacting.
I cannot say that I am just my arm, or my heart, or my head, or my intestine - but all of it makes up who I am physically.
Do you think, spiritually, we also have different parts of us - different thoughts and emotions that make up who we are - or do you think that is more based on the brain/physical?