• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jews are unbelievers according to Quran

Anthem

The Jews are unbelievers according to Quran because, among other things, they twisted the words in the Torah to better fit their needs.

I understand that that is their permanent crime, and another is that they mocked Mohammad and his teachings.

But this complicates the words unbeliever to me. At some point in the Quran it seemed the only thing necessary for one to be a believer is to believe in God (and there is only one god; Allah). Also one would have to be righteous. [There was a third one which I forget]

But what if a Jew believes in God (that one God) and is righteous, is he still, because of the book he has, an unbeliever?

And what about all the unrighteous Muslims - they have the right book and the right God. Plenty of them even do all the correct prayers and other rituals. Everything's cool except that they aren't righteous. Are they still believers, but rebellous.

I have not yet ran into any names in the Quran that it would give to those Mulisms that do wrong.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
But what if a Jew believes in God (that one God) and is righteous, is he still, because of the book he has, an unbeliever?
As Yeshua said the Jews deny his father (Matthew 11:27) the God Most High (Luke 1:32)...

Allah is the Most High according to the Quran, and has used representatives to communicate with mankind.

42:51 And it is not for any human being that Allah should speak to him except by revelation or from behind a partition or that He sends a messenger to reveal, by His permission, what He wills. Indeed, He is Most High and Wise.

The Jews have made their Lord (YHVH) into the God Most High (El Elyon), and thus they no longer accept the God Most High exists; they believe in their representative (YHVH), who later became Yeshua, so currently they are unbelievers, who have no deity.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The Jews are unbelievers according to Quran because, among other things, they twisted the words in the Torah to better fit their needs.

I understand that that is their permanent crime, and another is that they mocked Mohammad and his teachings.

But this complicates the words unbeliever to me. At some point in the Quran it seemed the only thing necessary for one to be a believer is to believe in God (and there is only one god; Allah). Also one would have to be righteous. [There was a third one which I forget]

And what about all the unrighteous Muslims - they have the right book and the right God. Plenty of them even do all the correct prayers and other rituals. Everything's cool except that they aren't righteous. Are they still believers, but rebellous.

I have not yet ran into any names in the Quran that it would give to those Mulisms that do wrong.

As I hope you would know from your study of the Quran, it is not enough for Muslims to believe in Muhammad but also in all the prophets that have gone before with special emphasis given to Jesus who brought the gopsel and Moses who brought the Torah.

Say, "We have believed in Allah and in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Descendants, and in what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [submitting] to Him."
Quran 3:84

The Torah or Tawrah is mentioned 18 times in the Quran and Moses 136 times.

During Muhammad's life, Jews lived in the Arabian Penisusla, especially in and around Medina. Muhammad is known to have had a Jewish wife, Safiyya, who subsequently converted to Islam. The story of Safiyya ties into the Battle of Khaybar where, according to the Hadiths, Muhammad and the Muslim army conquered the city and the women and children were subsequently distributed as prisoners of war.

According to Islamic sources, the Medinian Jews began to develop friendly alliences with Muhammad's enemies in Mecca to overthrow him, despite having agreed in the forced treaty of the Constitution of Medina to take the side of him and his followers against their enemies. Two Jewish tribes were expelled and the third one was wiped out. The Banu Qaynuqa was expelled for their hostility against the Muslims and for mocking them.The Banu Nadir was expelled after they attempted to assassinate Muhammad. The last one, the Banu Qurayza, was wiped out after the Battle of Trench where they attempted to ally themselves with the invading Quraish.

Islam and antisemitism - Wikipedia

Jews and Christians living under early Muslim rule were known as dhimmis, a status that was later also extended to other non-Muslims like Hindus. As dhimmis they were to be tolerated, and entitled to the protection and resources of the Ummah, the Muslim commonwealth. In return they had to pay a tax known as the Jizya in accordance with Quran.

Islam and antisemitism - Wikipedia

With these points in mind historically there is a long history of anti-semistism perpetrated by both Muslims and Christians and arguably that had little to do with the Teachings of their religious founders. However adherents from both Faiths have at times justified their behaviour using their Holy books and history surrounding their origins.

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member

"Believer" all very christian there!! !! That term opens up all kinds of nonsense fantasy. It may have meant something at one time differnt than today. Believer today means lost in ones own thoughts.. Literally, and is what i call. NORMAL!!!!! There also are variations such as non believer and agnostic. All very normal.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
The Qur'an is wrong. A conversation with any practising Jew will confirm this.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
@Anthem

Have you ever actually did some actual study of Islam or do you take cues from right wing Christian but jobs that cherry pick the Qur’an? The Qur’an is not a book of biographical events it is a revelation and sayings of events over a period of Muhammad’s journey in Arabia and his revelation from God. It is phonetical and Thematic, so what was said about Jews is in essence not something against Judaism but in regards to the interaction with Jews at that time as well as other events that was revealed as minor religious differences.

The whole reason why the Qur’an considers Abraham its patriarch and as a Muslim is his willingness to submit to God without question. This does not mean Abraham is was not historically Jewish rather his belief and practice perhaps uncommon to Jews in his time resembles what Muslims should strive for.

The Qur’an is quite clear that Jews are believers and that Muslims are commanded to come to a common term with them, that is they both believe and submit to one God. The Quranic verse you mention has to do with the Jews of Medina smh.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Proof.

Proof that doesn't consist of 'Well our scriptures say so and their scripture doesn't match ours and ours is obviously right because I believe it.'

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
@Anthem

Have you ever actually did some actual study of Islam or do you take cues from right wing Christian but jobs that cherry pick the Qur’an? The Qur’an is not a book of biographical events it is a revelation and sayings of events over a period of Muhammad’s journey in Arabia and his revelation from God. It is phonetical and Thematic, so what was said about Jews is in essence not something against Judaism but in regards to the interaction with Jews at that time as well as other events that was revealed as minor religious differences.

The whole reason why the Qur’an considers Abraham its patriarch and as a Muslim is his willingness to submit to God without question. This does not mean Abraham is was not historically Jewish rather his belief and practice perhaps uncommon to Jews in his time resembles what Muslims should strive for.

The Qur’an is quite clear that Jews are believers and that Muslims are commanded to come to a common term with them, that is they both believe and submit to one God. The Quranic verse you mention has to do with the Jews of Medina smh.
There you go. Its about the Jews of Medina in that time period.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

which verse that says Jews are disbelievers?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
So the current Jews got the book right?
I think current Jews consider it to be very different from the Koran and don't seem to care what the Koran says. Probably Jews in Medina had a similar attitude, but who knows what books they had?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
This sniping between the Abrahamic beliefs is tiresome.

Jews believe that the righteous of all nations have a share in the world to come. In other words, you don't need to be a Jew to find favor with the divine, to be blessed by the divine.

In the main, Jews do not go out looking to have confrontations with Christians or Muslims. Jews do not proselytize, although converts are accepted. For the most part, confrontation finds us when either Jews or Judaism are misunderstood or misrepresented. It is only natural, in those cases, to try to set the record straight. Unfortunately, the attempts to do so sometimes only leads to further confrontation.

Absent one side or the other advocating some heinous course of conduct, we would be better served, though we might believe the other side is incorrect, to learn about the differences between us and then respect those differences and respect the right of others to believe as they do.

Anthem

Muhammad was a racial/ethnic Jew. Are you talking about ethnic Jews or religious Jews?
I'd like to know which ones the Quran is talking about here.

However I did find something now about the muslims who do wrong. The Quran does warn the Muslims of that Allah will create a people worthy of him (not the exact words) if Muslims make the same mistake as the Jews (and the Christians?). So it is using the Jews as a bad example that the Muslims should try not to follow down the same path.