• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jesus Tree

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I lived in a hometown with a rich history of ghost stories and reported strange phenomena. Some of these ghost stories may be folklore created from the time of Al Capone and from the fear surrounding that, though. I can confirm that sometimes, there is something a little larger than life to my small hometown - at least in my opinion. One example of this is that as a kid, people reported that a tree had grown to look like Jesus in a cemetery - a Roman Catholic cemetery if I recall. I paid a visit to this tree myself. Some said it looked like the Jesus on the tree was holding a lamb, and also wearing a crown of thorns. I can actually confirm that I saw that, or thought it looked like that. Some also spoke at the time, of the atmosphere around the tree feeling like Jesus' spirit was being poured out to people, for lack of better words. Things did feel strange when I was around the tree, for me, but not to the extent of being what I'd find miraculous.

e6a3be5d5eb626d509d0c032649de6ec.jpg

1337035d11e485b141608e1c7f0ca88f.jpg

Here is an article backing up my statements and telling you more:

Quincy, IL - Tree Resembling Jesus Holding a Lamb (Gone)

Here's a video someone captured, but it's not at the height of when the tree looked the most vivid and detailed:

There also used to be local news articles on this subject, which would be great for proving that the tree did indeed exist, but it has been so long, that I can't find them now.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
One thing I would like to ask is whether @beenherebeforeagain had ever heard about this in the news or not as a person of Illinois - beenherebeforeagain, if we have already talked this subject, I'm sorry for bringing it up again, I just wondered.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
We have a local cemetery that has a tree... not just any tree, but a tree that seems to comfort. It doesn't have any visible religious indications, but if you mention 'the tree in Elmwood Cemetery', everyone knows exactly which one you're talking about.

The rest of the cemetery has kind of a yucky feeling, and it seems to be a spot of respite... You can touch ours, though. Sit right up on it.