• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The isolation from others does not bother me.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's too bad that you are experiencing that. My walks are filled with people observing physical distancing but greeting each other with friendliness and perhaps wry good humor.
There seems to be a mix of both types. a lot of people I passed on the road are usually towing quad four by fours and other cool off-roading vehicles, campers, and a fair number I noticed are going out into the woods and connecting with nature, also a lot of hunters are out there in the woods as well. Who knows? Some are probably out there hunting for food.

At any rate the number of cars on the road has increased this past few weeks. At least in New York and Pennsylvania.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In this month or so that I have been more or less forced to be alone or with one person around me in the daily life, I noticed that the "loneliness'' is not something that bothers me at all, I actually like the time of "loneliness"
I have been thinking a lot about this lately because I have been working from home but I know that eventually I will have to go back to work in the office.

Other than going to work and the grocery store, I rarely go out and if I do it is not to socialize. So this 'sheltering in place' is no different from my 'normal' lifestyle. This is going to sound selfish, but I wish things would stay as they are now. I like less traffic and less people when i go to the grocery store. I guess the only way I will ever be able to have that is if I move to a smaller town, but this gives me an idea what that might be like.
It has given me a lot of time to reflect on life as it is, and how humanity will be in the future. I don't know how long this situation with Covid-19 will last, and I do hope it will soon be over, but the solitude can continue for my part,
Ditto on that. :)
Maybe because i have been less social long before the Covid-19 i don't feel the need to meet others as much as other people? People here in Norway are breaking the law every day now with getting together and be social, is it really that bad to a little alone? so people choose to break the law to see other people?
To be honest, I really have no idea why people like to socialize, and why it is SO important to them. Admittedly, I like to socialize on forums, so maybe most people prefer to see people in person. I don't, but that is because I am an introverted personality type. I would be willing to bet you are also an introvert. We are a minority of the population, but there are others. ;)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's too bad that you are experiencing that. My walks are filled with people observing physical distancing but greeting each other with friendliness and perhaps wry good humor.
I have not had any time for walks, but that is what I have observed in the grocery stores, people being nicer and friendlier than usual.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
But not all of us are social, and there is a stigma attached to that which hurts. :(

Everyone does not have family and friends and boats and lakes and noodle salad.....
That reminded me of a quote from a favorite movie of mine.

I'm not social either. It wipes me out. I like that movie. I did a 16personality test and it said that adventurers, like myself, tend to have to go alone to recuperate our batteries. That doesn't mean it's not natural to be around others. That's human nature-social bonding. I'm not sure why some are highly exited around people and others not so much.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That doesn't mean it's not natural to be around others. That's human nature-social bonding
That is probably true, but how we do it and with how many people at a time we do it varies from person to person.

I believe our personalities are developed early in childhood and I do not think they change markedly when we grow up. I am more social than I used to be but I am still an introvert.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is probably true, but how we do it and with how many people at a time we do it varies from person to person.

I believe our personalities are developed early in childhood and I do not think they change markedly when we grow up. I am more social than I used to be but I am still an introvert.

Man! Now I want to see that movie. Kill time sitting at the desk.

amorphous_constellation

My walks are filled with people observing physical distancing but greeting each other with friendliness and perhaps wry good humor.

didn't quite seem like it here in the midwest.. I had walked down to the lake here and then out toward the main commercial strip. Lots of people bunched up fishing and biking, talking and walking dogs sorta like it were a normal saturday afternoon. Very occasionally did I see masks worn. Traffic was just as busy as ever, with the main gas station having 20 cars at it. Day was kind of windy too, I kind of wonder if the virus would travel on breezes

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
didn't quite seem like it here in the midwest.. I had walked down to the lake here and then out toward the main commercial strip. Lots of people bunched up fishing and biking, talking and walking dogs sorta like it were a normal saturday afternoon. Very occasionally did I see masks worn. Traffic was just as busy as ever, with the main gas station having 20 cars at it. Day was kind of windy too, I kind of wonder if the virus would travel on breezes
That sounds rather lovely. When do I catch the plane to the Midwest? Just kidding because I don't even fly anymore and there are probably no flights

I grew up in Indiana and my best Baha'i friend who lives in Ohio told me it was 73 degrees there a couple of days ago and I was a bit jealous because it is still only about 60 here in the Pacific Northwest But traffic here is very light compared to usual and there us hardly anyone in the gas stations or grocery stores. I did see people walking and walking dogs yesterday when I went out though. I don;t think the virus travels on breezes, but as long as you stay six feet away you should be good to go.

It is a strange new world we live in.

amorphous_constellation

I don;t think the virus travels on breezes, but as long as you stay six feet away you should be good to go.

I'm kinda skeptical about that after I watched a video of a south korean doctor who was talking about how droplets carry the virus, supposedly. I don't know if I really trust breezy days myself with this kinda thing. I mean, I wonder if one could even catch it from just walking by car where someone coughs out the window, and the droplet molecules then catch the breeze.

still only about 60 here in the Pacific Northwest

well it's about 50 here now

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm kinda skeptical about that after I watched a video of a south korean doctor who was talking about how droplets carry the virus, supposedly. I don't know if I really trust breezy days myself with this kinda thing. I mean, I wonder if one could even catch it from just walking by car where someone coughs out the window, and the droplet molecules then catch the breeze.
I suppose that is possible, but someone would have to sneeze or cough and release it. The only way to be completely protected is to stay away from where any people are, or to wear a mask, or get tested and find out you are immune.
well it's about 50 here now
The weather an change on a dime in the Midwest, I remember that. It does not do that much here in the Pacific NW.