• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The isolation from others does not bother me.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In this month or so that I have been more or less forced to be alone or with one person around me in the daily life, I noticed that the "loneliness'' is not something that bothers me at all, I actually like the time of "loneliness"

It has given me a lot of time to reflect on life as it is, and how humanity will be in the future. I don't know how long this situation with Covid-19 will last, and I do hope it will soon be over, but the solitude can continue for my part, The few times I have walked outdoor the last month I have seen people in a panic, in desperation and in anger toward each other. And it seems like they will continue to be wilder then they used to be before the virus.

Maybe because i have been less social long before the Covid-19 i don't feel the need to meet others as much as other people? People here in Norway are breaking the law every day now with getting together and be social, is it really that bad to a little alone? so people choose to break the law to see other people?

amorphous_constellation

It's not a big deal to me either really, but obviously to some more extroverted people it will be. The only person I miss is this older friend I have, but he really wants to stay more secluded I think, because he is more at risk. I used to take long walks with him and go to restaurants, maybe those days are done. Maybe I'll go take a long walk alone today. The skies are cloudless and blue, and it's almost 60 degrees. I guess I won't have much of a destination. I could get a closer look at how many things are closed in the shopping strip out yonder, and if the park out there is closed..

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The few times I have walked outdoor the last month I have seen people in a panic, in desperation and in anger toward each other.

It's too bad that you are experiencing that. My walks are filled with people observing physical distancing but greeting each other with friendliness and perhaps wry good humor.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It's too bad that you are experiencing that. My walks are filled with people observing physical distancing but greeting each other with friendliness and perhaps wry good humor.
It's just a new part of life :) But it is a good reason for staying away from people so they do not get mad at me for nothing

MNoBody

speaking for myself, i was looking forward to getting out of seclusion [autumn and winter recovering from injury] and now, moooore seclusion, great...just bloody great....now i am stuck on the internetz with all you lot...... well some of you guys are alright, the rest, hard to say, it takes so long to interact in this platform, but who's complaining, at least there is a platform with hopefully live people involvedo_O
[edit- lets see, 37 'members' online, 70 robots.....hmmm]:eek:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In this month or so that I have been more or less forced to be alone or with one person around me in the daily life, I noticed that the "loneliness'' is not something that bothers me at all, I actually like the time of "loneliness"

It has given me a lot of time to reflect on life as it is, and how humanity will be in the future. I don't know how long this situation with Covid-19 will last, and I do hope it will soon be over, but the solitude can continue for my part, The few times I have walked outdoor the last month I have seen people in a panic, in desperation and in anger toward each other. And it seems like they will continue to be wilder then they used to be before the virus.

Maybe because i have been less social long before the Covid-19 i don't feel the need to meet others as much as other people? People here in Norway are breaking the law every day now with getting together and be social, is it really that bad to a little alone? so people choose to break the law to see other people?

I understand it in family situations. We can't meet at parks but a whole family had a barbecue and a bunch of friends played basketball. I honestly disagree it is so bad we can catch it every single place we go. One day it's fine and the next day we're house arrested. If anything, people need to use common sense.

I think here in VA, we can go out if there's an emergency. My friend said we had an 8pm curfew. I'm kind of like you. I'm indifferent to it to where its not affecting me on a huge basis. Not skating, waking up early to shop, and not going to restaurant isn't a big stretch. That, and the disease is touch/cough based and I'm sure we don't go around coughing and sneezing in each other's face with and without masks. So, the more people panic, the less I do.

It's natural to want to be social whether to help with the panic by religious means, help with social anxiety, etc, or just be with the family. I'm not familiar with Norway, though. I don't know if the police will enforce too much breaking the rules unless it's probably business property and/or a public park or something. Maybe a slap on the wrist.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Introverts be like

smug-gif-21.gif

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ya, we got the same issue here in the States, but I fortunately have to admit that in our area (Detroit & suburbs) people are doing much better than before in keeping their distance and staying home. However, it took over a thousand people dying to get the point across though.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Ya, we got the same issue here in the States, but I fortunately have to admit that in our area (Detroit & suburbs) people are doing much better than before in keeping their distance and staying home. However, it took over a thousand people dying to get the point across though.
The situation in America is really not good, i read in the newspaper and see how especially New york is struggling, many hundreds of people dying over there every day :(

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'm rather enjoying the withdrawl from the hub-bub as well.
I totally get that. I am, by nature, a solitary person. I have to work at being empathetic and sociable.
I've worked hard at that my entire adult life. The last few weeks have taught me a few things.
I really don't like people that much. I would be okay if I could support my food habits and such mostly over the phone. Days where the highlight is a long walk in the woods with the dogs is a good day. The stress of being nice to people is a heavier cost than I realized.

I'm really not the person I thought I was. I'm more of a dick than I realized.
Tom

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The situation in America is really not good, i read in the newspaper and see how especially New york is struggling, many hundreds of people dying over there every day :(
Yep, and one big part of the problem is too little was done too late.

And now we get this outcry from so many on the right that say we need to loosen up on the restrictions even though those whom actually do study viruses well know that this would be a huge mistake.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I'm off the scale at the introvert end so from that aspect this lockdown is great - well, normal for me continues as before.
When I go out running, from a social environment perspective it's great to see everyone keeping well away from each other and exchanging a cheery "thank you" or "hello" as we pass each other by. I'd like the think that we are rediscovering our common bonds; brexit caused a great fissure to open up here in the UK.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

It's not the loneliness that annoys me... That's impossible the whole family is here.

It's that I'm literally running out of things to amuse myself with. I'm bored of video games, netflix, youtube, and even social media... So, I decided to go learn a new programming language and that's working well to entertain me. :D

MNoBody

It's not the loneliness that annoys me... That's impossible the whole family is here.

It's that I'm literally running out of things to amuse myself with. I'm bored of video games, netflix, youtube, and even social media... So, I decided to go learn a new programming language and that's working well to entertain me. :D
hi, sounds much the same as people i know and myself as well
so, i've been mulching, so far i have several large trucks worth of wood chips..[small chipper]
but i keep chippin away, like a good chip-away-an.....it's more productive than the electronic options which have pretty much run dry in their appeal factor.
[ it helps that i am in a rural area and have to look after a woodlot]
i do feel for those stuck in the urban zone as nature is less accessible

Last edited: