• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the importance of faith

SamSmith

I understand faith is a central aspect of Christianity and I feel it is a top priority in my own life. I can believe we are all god's children, Jesus was a wise teacher and that rewards wait for those who remain righteous in the face of adversity. However, to believe that Mary, or anyone else, became pregnant without the aid of human sperm is beyond my abilities to believe. Do the approximately two billion Christians in the world believe this literally happened? If so, is it easy for them to maintain this particular belief?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I understand faith is a central aspect of Christianity and I feel it is a top priority in my own life. I can believe we are all god's children, Jesus was a wise teacher and that rewards wait for those who remain righteous in the face of adversity. However, to believe that Mary, or anyone else, became pregnant without the aid of human sperm is beyond my abilities to believe. Do the approximately two billion Christians in the world believe this literally happened? If so, is it easy for them to maintain this particular belief?
As a Christian, I do and can on multiple levels.

1) The fact that God has done things beyond logic in our own lives
2) The understanding of "why" he had to come into being through a virgin
3) The reality that we believe in a resurrection which in and of itself is a belief that requires a position of beyond the natural intellect.

Psalm23

I feel like if someone believes God created the world and the universe out of nothing, then it is not a stretch to believe also in the virgin birth.