• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Image of the Beast

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
By the Light of Love aren't all things changed into ONE? Tawhid/Tawheed.

Daniel 2:35
Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Rev 2:17, Ezekiel 11:19, Ezekiel 36:26, Daniel 2:45

I saw my life in a strangers face and it was mine.
Alive - Sia

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic

Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Alive - Sia

?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Alive - Sia

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here?

We are told the interpretation of the dream in Daniel - from Dan 2:36 on.

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Dan 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

It seems that the "stone" from the mountain - is the Kingdom - which breaks into pieces and consumes the rest.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here?

We are told the interpretation of the dream in Daniel - from Dan 2:36 on.

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Dan 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

It seems that the "stone" from the mountain - is the Kingdom - which breaks into pieces and consumes the rest.

the key with the passage citations. the idea that love doesn't advocate a cult of personality.

rev 20:1
where there is smoke, there is fire. our god is a consuming fire

Thief

Rogue Theologian
you know not love until you love someone else more than yourself.....
a movie quote and likely well know otherwise.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
you know not love until you love someone else more than yourself.....
a movie quote and likely well know otherwise.
love doesn't differentiate between self and other self. other self is recognized as self. empathy does this.

nuk pu nuk exodus 3:14

1 Corinthians 13:12

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
How are you getting - love - out of Dan 2:35?

the stone = heart and love is the everlasting kingdom, love eternal. it is love that strikes the image of the beast. the raising up of one person as holier, or more righteous than another. God so loved the world and makes the sun to shine and rain to fall all as ONE.

love fulfills the law. love, or god if you will, is not a respecter of persons, or the cult of personality called christianity

Romans 13:8
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Romans 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

James 2:8
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

1 John 4:8

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

to love is to be God like.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
To see the image of the beast, you need to do nothing more than look in a mirror.

very good. I AM the beast, yes. the beast destroys the cult of personality.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Ecclesiastes 3:18
I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
love doesn't differentiate between self and other self. other self is recognized as self. empathy does this.

nuk pu nuk exodus 3:14

1 Corinthians 13:12
I know empathy.
damn near killed me on a previous occasion.

as for loving someone else.....
Greater love than this no man has than he who lays down his life for another.

love of yourself is not love of another.

still.....if you love not yourself you have nothing to give.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I know empathy.
damn near killed me on a previous occasion.

as for loving someone else.....

mercy is based on empathy, or relating to or helping other as self
sacrifice is based on selfish motives, it has no connection to the other self, except as a means to self-glorification/destruction.

with mercy the focus is on other and the idea of saving
with sacrifice the focus is solely on self for some selfish gain.

But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’a]"

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...504/i-feel-your-pain-the-neuroscience-empathy

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
How are you getting - love - out of Dan 2:35?

Jeremiah 31:3
The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.[/QUOTE]

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Jeremiah 31:3
The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.

Throwing in love verses does not explain how you are equating love with Dan 2:25.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
mercy is based on empathy, or relating to or helping other as self
sacrifice is based on selfish motives, it has no connection to the other self, except as a means to self-glorification/destruction.

with mercy the focus is on other and the idea of saving
with sacrifice the focus is solely on self for some selfish gain.

But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’a]"

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...504/i-feel-your-pain-the-neuroscience-empathy

as we stand before God......no one is good but the Father.
justification was once dealt by sacrifice.
something else would die in your place for the transgression at hand.

but it is sooooo much better to have within you that quality of forgiveness.......which is then dealt as mercy.
and the same will be dealt unto you .....as you have dealt with others.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
as we stand before God......no one is good but the Father.
justification was once dealt by sacrifice.
something else would die in your place for the transgression at hand.

but it is sooooo much better to have within you that quality of forgiveness.......which is then dealt as mercy.
and the same will be dealt unto you .....as you have dealt with others.

tzaddick

Matthew 23:35
That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

go and learn i require mercy, not sacrifice.

isaiah 66 is a testament against sacrifice.