1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Identity of the Two Witnesses of Revelation

Discussion in 'Abrahamic Religions DIR' started by christiang, Oct 12, 2017.

1. christiang

christiang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Religion:
    Messianic Israelite
  2. DavidFirth

DavidFirth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,202
    Religion:
    Christian
    Wow, you're really into this full tilt. I think that's great! Is this a paper for college?

3. DavidFirth

Ratings:
    +1,202
    Religion:
    Christian
    Your blog is awesome. Totally.

4. christiang

christiang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Religion:
    Messianic Israelite
    :)

5. David1967

David1967 Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,504
    Religion:
    Christian
    I will have to check out your blog tomorrow. Too hard to manage on a cell phone. But as to your question. I've heard from some that they are Moses and Elijah, or Elijah and Enoch.

6. arthra

arthra Baha'i

Ratings:
    +1,295
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I might as well post here a Baha'i view on who the two witnesses were...

"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and three-score days, clothed in sackcloth."[1] These two witnesses are Muhammad the Messenger of God, and Ali, son of Abu Talib.
    [1 Rev. 11:3.]

In the Qur'án it is said that God addressed Muhammad, the Messenger of God, saying: "We made You a Witness, a Herald of good news, and a Warner" -- that is to say, We have established Thee as the witness, the giver of good tidings, and as One bringing the wrath of God.[1] The meaning of "a witness" is one by whose testimony things may be verified. The commands of these two witnesses were to be performed for twelve hundred and sixty days, each day signifying a year. Now, Muhammad was the root, and Ali the branch, like Moses and Joshua. It is said they "are clothed in sackcloth," meaning that they, apparently, were to be clothed in old raiment, not in new raiment; in other words, in the beginning they would possess no splendor in the eyes of the people, nor would their Cause appear new; for Muhammad's spiritual Law corresponds to that of Christ in the Gospel, and most of His laws relating to material things correspond to those of the Pentateuch. This is the meaning of the old raiment.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Some Answered Questions, p. 48

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. DavidFirth

Ratings:
    +1,202
    Religion:
    Christian
    I tend to go with Elijah and Enoch since they never died.

• Like Like x 1
  8. christiang

christiang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Religion:
    Messianic Israelite
    Why would Enoch come down from heaven, to be killed, and then resurrected a few days later? These two prophets are clearly from among men living on earth. You guys need to learn to think things through, the word of God is also logical.

9. David1967

David1967 Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,504
    Religion:
    Christian
    Yeah. Makes sense. I lean that way myself. Keeping in mind that God can bring along anyone He wants.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RabbiO

RabbiO הרב יונה בן זכריה

Ratings:
    +1,179
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Based upon some of your beliefs, as articulated in other posts, I think you may less than enthusiastic about some of the OP's positions after you read some of the other blogs on his site.

11. DavidFirth

Ratings:
    +1,202
    Religion:
    Christian
    I just read and commented on that one blog. I doubt I believe exactly as any other person on Earth. A blog can also be awesome if I don't agree with everything it says.