• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The idea of hell is emotionally draining.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A shameless polemic based on nothing.

There is no evidence that disbelievers do wrong more than believers do, unless you mean breaking purely arbitrary rules such as the rule against eating pork, in which case many Baha'i would be wrongdoers for their disbelief in Muhammadanism.

Desiring other than God to the extent we go to other then his doors and turn away from his path to the darkness and valuing others as much as god to the extent loving them on par or more than God to the extent we disobey God to obey them and preferring our desires and ignorant judgments over clear proofs from our Lord, is equal to the one who loves God, strives against the dark sorcery and defeats it and approaches God through the avenues and doors God established with clear proofs?

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by this?
Those who are wrongdoers often lack spirituality, and you need spirituality to truly recognize a Manifestation of God according to the Writings of my faith.

I think I may have correlated wrongdoing too much to spirituality in what I originally said, though, on second thought. Though there is some relation.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
A shameless polemic based on nothing.

There is no evidence that disbelievers do wrong more than believers do, unless you mean breaking purely arbitrary rules such as the rule against eating pork, in which case many Baha'i would be wrongdoers for their disbelief in Muhammadanism.
I only meant that there is some tendency for those who are not spiritual will tend to be wrongdoers, and those who are spiritual will truly recognize the Manifestation of God. I think I overdid the part about wrongdoers being spiritual in my analysis. Merely believing in God does nothing.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I only meant that there is some tendency for those who are not spiritual will tend to be wrongdoers, and those who are spiritual will truly recognize the Manifestation of God. I think I overdid the part about wrongdoers being spiritual in my analysis. Merely believing in God does nothing.
You are also flat wrong in what you say you meant the second time around.

There is no link between failure to recognise alleged Manifestations of God and wrongdoing.

As I said before, it is shameless polemic based on nothing.

In my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Desiring other than God to the extent we go to other then his doors
If by doors you mean Messengers and infallible imams God has no such thing.

and turn away from his path to the darkness
That is what you are doing by turning to superstition such as sorcery.
and valuing others as much as god to the extent loving them on par or more than God to the extent we disobey God to obey them
That is what you are doing by loving Messengers on a par with God to the extent that you disobey God to obey the corrupt inclinations of your Messengers.

and preferring our desires and ignorant judgments over clear proofs from our Lord
There are no clear proofs from God that I am aware of, and you do one worse than preferring your own desires and ignorant judgements, for you follow the desires and ignorant judgements of your forefathers.

is equal to the one who loves God, strives against the dark sorcery and defeats it and approaches God through the avenues and doors God established with clear proofs?
Dark sorcery doesn't exist, so defeating it is as valuable as defeating Harry potter and the prisoner of Azkhaban in one's own mind.

In my opinion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What about all those spiritually-minded people who are not inclined to recognise Manifestations of God?
Those who turn away from the path of God and seek to make it crooked and don't enter God's door, their spirituality is considered void per Quran.

A favorite Youtuber of mine said on a podcast once on the concept of Hell. Why does the actions of a finite time determine the out come of an eternal time? Utter nonsense thats what hell is. I can't comment on the Islamic Hell because I'm not overly familiar with it's religion, but I know the Christian Hell isn't determined by good or bad behavior, but whether or not you believe.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A favorite Youtuber of mine said on a podcast once on the concept of Hell. Why does the actions of a finite time determine the out come of an eternal time? Utter nonsense thats what hell is. I can't comment on the Islamic Hell because I'm not overly familiar with it's religion, but I know the Christian Hell isn't determined by good or bad behavior, but whether or not you believe.

But why shouldn't hell be forever for those who choose to believe in the falsehood despite clear signs and guidance from God existing and so there not being an excuse not to follow the truth and enter the path of God laid down for us by his proofs?

What is the proper place of vengeance in virtue?

Alex22

But why shouldn't hell be forever for those who choose to believe in the falsehood despite clear signs and guidance from God existing and so there not being an excuse not to follow the truth and enter the path of God laid down for us by his proofs?

What clear signs and guidance are you talking about? I don't see any.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What clear signs and guidance are you talking about? I don't see any.

We are talking about from the perspective that there is. If there isn't clear signs from God, then, religion of God would not be obligatory to follow.

If there was such clear signs and guidance I wouldn't be a atheist. As such the argument of divine hiddenness continues to this day.

I don't think there's any justifiable reason for anyone to be eternally torment especially if said god doesn't provide enough evidence for his existence.

Vengeance isn't a virtue. It's just cathartic release.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If there was such clear signs and guidance I wouldn't be a atheist. As such the argument of divine hiddenness continues to this day.

I don't think there's any justifiable reason for anyone to be eternally torment especially if said god doesn't provide enough evidence for his existence.

Vengeance isn't a virtue. It's just cathartic release.

Vengeance is virtuous in the proper place.