• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The holy spirit

Didachist

Abraham and Moses did not have the Holy Spirit nor did Christ and John. They all had a direct relationship with the creator and christ. When Christ died, his spirit is sent to believers so that they may believe in him to get to the father, and through christ, to the father, then you will have everlasting life.

Jesus had the holy spirit, this appears in John 17 where Jesus says 22I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one .

John the Baptist, had the Holy spirit from Birth

For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb. (
Luke 1:15

My sister you should read scripture before you preach from it.

The holy spirit is redundant. (This is close to an unforgivable sin, as you should hope to get!)

The Holy spirit is redemption, it represents ones hope for forgiveness, Favor and theosis, it is the comfortor, and teacher of man, literally a man may curse God the father, Christ the son and be forgiven but should a man curse the holyspirit or cause someone who clings to the spirit and causes them to lose faith, That is unforgivable.

The father is spirit. Christ is a human. If the holy spirit is not the creator and spirit nor is he a human and savior, what is it?

The Holy spirit is the divine presence of God . Imagine it as a shadow cast on you in a very hot day. This is the only analogy I can provide you until you yourself have been filled with it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hey. You can tag me by highlighting the sentence or paragraph of mine (and others) you'd like to quote. Wait for the "quote/reply" box to pop up. If you click quote, you can save multiple comments in the same post. If you click reply, you comment on that one post you highlighted. When you click reply, you can "insert quotes" in your reply and then it will tag me and I will get your message above.

On that note.

Abraham and Moses did not have the Holy Spirit nor did Christ and John.

Jesus had the holy spirit, this appears in John 17 where Jesus says 22I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one .

Did jesus have the holy spirit? In scripture, jesus had the spirit of god. When he was crucified his spirit (as you quoted) came to the Pentecost and led the gentiles to redemption.. those who chose to heed I think Paul or Peter's words in Acts.

They all had a direct relationship with the creator and christ. When Christ died, his spirit is sent to believers so that they may believe in him to get to the father, and through christ, to the father, then you will have everlasting life.

Since his spirit came to christians, why do christians need the holy spirit? Christ is the intermediary between the christian and god. The holy spirit seems to be redundant.

The Holy spirit is redemption, (Christ is redemption) it represents ones hope for forgiveness (Christ is one's hope for forgiveness since he is between a christian and god), Favor and theosis, it is the comfortor, and teacher of man, literally a man may curse God the father, Christ the son and be forgiven but should a man curse the holy spirit or cause someone who clings to the spirit and causes them to lose faith, That is unforgivable.

Christ can do everything the holy spirit can do. Without the holy spirit, can you be saved?

The Holy spirit is the divine presence of God . Imagine it as a shadow cast on you in a very hot day. This is the only analogy I can provide you until you yourself have been filled with it.

That's all Christ.

It sounds like the intermediary between the christian and Christ is the holy spirit. Then the intermediary between the holy spirit and god is Christ.

syo

Christians. If you have god, why do you 'need' the holy spirit?

If youre a trinitarian, god is spirit and so is chist, what Is the holy spirit that differientiates itself from god or christ? And why do you need it as well?

If youre not a trinitarian, how is the holy spirit different from god and why is it necessary?

These are questions for answers not to challange me into debate.
the orthodox christian God is one with three faces, each of them has a different role. the role of the Holy Spirit is to bring to life the creations of Father. Father creates, Holy Spirit animates.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
the orthodox christian God is one with three faces, each of them has a different role. the role of the Holy Spirit is to bring to life the creations of Father. Father creates, Holy Spirit animates.

Why doesn't the father animates and bring life to creation?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
it's a different action. create one action. animate second action. both are in ONE God.

I don't understand.

If I blew air into a balloon, how can the animation of the balloon (that makes it float) be separate from the source, me, the one animated it?

How is the creator separate from the action that makes the creation come alive?

The creator wouldn't be a creator if the action was separate from him.

I don't understand.

syo

I don't understand.

If I blew air into a balloon, how can the animation of the balloon (that makes it float) be separate from the source, me, the one animated it?

How is the creator separate from the action that makes the creation come alive?

The creator wouldn't be a creator if the action was separate from him.

I don't understand.
you got it right with your example. the Holy Spirit comes from Father, they are one. what distinguishes the two is attribute.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
you got it right with your example. the Holy Spirit comes from Father, they are one. what distinguishes the two is attribute.

Why distinguish the two?

There is one creator/action of creation/animator.

Once you split the creator up, it becomes redundant. The creator creates, so the creator is life. The holy spirit animates, that is life. Jesus is new life, so is life.

They all are the same and perform the same function in a trinitarian sense.

How are they different in nature? (Not surface level differences such as roles)

syo

let me give you an example. you want to create a robot. first you create the design in your head (Father) then you build it (Holy Spirit).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
they have the same nature. the attributes are different and codependent.

I know other religions that believe in god don't separate god by attributes. What is the value of separating god by attributes if they have the same nature underneath? Why is that important in christianity that most god-religions don't share?

syo

What is the value of separating god by attributes if they have the same nature underneath?
because these attributes are like life and life is created in god's image. life is logical (Father) and alive (Holy Spirit). it is said that God created life in his own image.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
because these attributes are like life and life is created in god's image. life is logical (Father) and alive (Holy Spirit). it is said that God created life in his own image.

I don't understand that. "Life is logical" is the father?

If I believed in god (a being), I would say god is alive in me and the active spirit that keeps me alive. The holy spirit wouldn't have use nor exist because god is the source of creation and the action of creation.

How does it say, "within him all things exist." (Well, I would say god within us, all things exist)

I don't know. Unless Holy is an adjective to describe the spirit/god, I don't see how it can be separate in attributes. God is god.

syo

I don't understand that. "Life is logical" is the father?
in orthodoxy, the Father, who is omniscient, gave birth to Son who, according to John, is the Word, which means logic. this logic is through which everything was made, that's why everything in this life is logical.