• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Holy Bible Manifested

Rex

Founder
Moving this to the general religious discussion area.

I shouldn't even let it go there since it's on the borderline of spam, but I'm in a good mood today.

but I'm taking the link out of the title also. For various reasons.

:)

Rex

Founder
Moving this to the general religious discussion area.

I shouldn't even let it go there since it's on the borderline of spam, but I'm in a good mood today.

but I'm taking the link out of the title also. For various reasons.

:)

Ceridwen018

Ok. I don't seem to be getting holographic (multi-dimensional) mirror-views that are causeing the star-rise of truth to soar in my mind. Am I doing something wrong??

Ceridwen018,

Did you ask any questions? You should try. What exactly is it that you <b>do</b> believe? Your quote makes it sound as though you were an atheist. What exactly has you so turned off with religion? Furthermore, if you are an atheist why do you take the time to post on this forum?

PS If you could "sarcasm" your way to heaven, you would have a pretty good head-start.

Ceridwen018

Touchee! :goodjob:

The reason why I take the time to post in this forum is directly related to the main reason of why I am so 'turned off' to religion, being, that I have run into too many questions that could not be answered, even by those who believed in their truth. So lets get down to it, shall we? The biggest question on my mind right now is this: How do you know god exists?

P.S. I assure you, if I could sarcasm my way anywhere, I'd be an extremely happy camper! :lol:

A skyscraper or an airplane are not going to create themselves without a maker....I don't care how much time goes by to give "evolution" an opportunity to perform.

By contrast, nature is far more complex than any clumbsy man-made concoction. The Bible says "He hangeth the world upon nothing". Even thousands of years ago there was an acknowledgment that the forces of creation are far too powerful and organized to have been formed by a mere coincidence!

Imagine taking a deck of cards and throwing them in the air and having each suit land in perfect ascending order in neat little stacks laying parrallel to each other (you get the point).

There are only 52 cards in a full deck and most people would say what I suggested is completely impossible. Now imagine infinite variations of universal components all working together in perfect harmony to ensure that life can be formed and nurtured.

All the delicate balances that keep the planets from colliding into the sun. All of the microscopic motion of the atoms and molecules executing their duties faithfully and with complete precision. The wonder that is the human body...so fragile yet so wonderously crafted.

All of this by sheer chance???

And atheists say that Christians are crazy!!!

Don't even get me started about the Big Bang Theory!
The Big Bang Theory doesn't address the most important points of all:

1) Where did all the matter come from that "banged"?

2) What made it decide to "bang" in the first place?

I'm not saying that the universe didn't start with a bang...but I am saying that everything had to be guided by some knowing hand of love and beauty!

If you're truly seeking for proof of the existence of God, look all around you....God's fingerprints are everywhere!!!

I think proving that God doesn't exist would be a far more difficult task...an impossible task.

Destinata7

PS I really think that you should check out the soundtron forum and ask some questions. www.soundtron.com

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Really, destinata7, the argument from ignorance is not very compelling ...
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
-- Charles Darwin, Introduction to The Descent of Man (1871)
"We don't know, therefore God" is an argument that is not only inherently arrogant and fallacious, but is also one that doesn't get you much beyond Deism. You've reduced yourself to little more than a frustrated cheerleeder for some God-of-the-Gaps.

Lightkeeper

Max Planck, Einstein, Steven Hawkings, all great scientists talk about wanting to know the Mind of God or want to meet the Designer of the Universe. The Universe is nothing without being viewed or analyzed by man. Man has an inner universe which needs to be explored in order to find your true place in the Universe. If God is viewed as limitless, then it doesn't hold you back. Whether or not you believe in a Higher Power you still do not have all of the answers. Believing in a Higher Power does not hold you back from further study.

Great analogy about the deck of cards.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Lightkeeper said:
Max Planck, Einstein, Steven Hawkings, all great scientists talk about wanting to know the Mind of God or want to meet the Designer of the Universe.
Hi, Lightkeeper. Perhaps they are "great" precisely because they knew that they were using a metaphore. Einstein said that he believed in Spinoza's God. Does his greatness as a scientist convince you?

Lightkeeper

Deut. 32.8 said:
Lightkeeper said:
Max Planck, Einstein, Steven Hawkings, all great scientists talk about wanting to know the Mind of God or want to meet the Designer of the Universe.
Hi, Lightkeeper. Perhaps they are "great" precisely because they knew that they were using a metaphore. Einstein said that he believed in Spinoza's God. Does his greatness as a scientist convince you?

No. Many of the great scientists are and were religious.

Are you calling me stupid Deut 32.8? Perhaps we need to have a little intellectual joust! I won't take any real offense this time, but to ignore someone's point completely and then respond with your "ignorance" comment makes me think that you really don't have much worth saying.

How about something more concrete that you do not agree with rather than the familiar schoolyard "you're wrong cause you're a dummy!"

Maybe I had it coming from our first meeting though!

Destinata7......out.

PS Regarding your quote, "We don't know, therefore God"...whoever wrote that obviously has never felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. "Doubt of God stays with those who are too numb to feel Him."
Thats an original quote by me.

Lightkeeper,

I appreciate your comments and would love to talk more with you. What is your favorite topic to discuss?

Destinata7

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
destinata7 said:
Are you calling me stupid Deut 32.8?
No, but questions such as this, if not solely rhetorical in nature, lead me to question your reading comprehension skills. Where above do I call you stupid?

Lightkeeper

Deut. btw, Spinoza was deeply religious. He didn't believe in the God of the Old Testiment, however he found a religion that for him made sense.

Lightkeeper

destinata7 said:
Lightkeeper,

I appreciate your comments and would love to talk more with you. What is your favorite topic to discuss?

Destinata7

I like to discuss the greatly untapped potential of humans and the fact that the Divine is within us.

Deut, you were being purely philisopical?

It's hard to tell by your tone. I thought there was a little more there....my bad.

Destinata7