• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Holographic Universe

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
Okeedokie here’s my first serious post. I hope it’s in the right forum. I’m not sure if this has been brought up but has anyone read into the theory of the holographic universe by Michael Talbot?

http://fusionanomaly.net/holographicuniverse.html

This site was one I found that takes the reader further into the theory.

It is probably true quite generally that in the history of human thinking the most fruitful developments frequently take place at those points where two different lines of thought meet. These lines may have their roots in quite different parts of human nature, in different times or different cultural environments or different religious traditions: hence if they actually meet, that is, if they are at least so much related to each other that a real interaction can take place, then one may hope that new and interesting developments may follow.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
A little deep for me right now .... and perhaps even later . :)

Does this have anything to do with quantum mechcanics and the like ? I'm thinking of the movie " What the Bleep Do We Know ".

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
kreeden said:
A little deep for me right now .... and perhaps even later . :)

Does this have anything to do with quantum mechcanics and the like ? I'm thinking of the movie " What the Bleep Do We Know ".
If I tried to explain the theory at this hour my imaginary head would explode. It is just a theory. Yes it is deep thinking :banghead3 but I found it rewarding at the least.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
:) I'll have another look at the article when there is less fog ... but at first glance it did kinda remind me of what they were getting at in the movie .

Lightkeeper

As I recall this has to do with taking a small piece of the Universe. You can see the entire Universe in a small piece of it.

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
My brief summary of the theory is this but it goes much deeper as you read.

If subatomic particles are able to communicate over distances without boundaries we are all connected to everything in a conscious. Our conscious is simply random information in a hologram. Our thoughts are part of the random information but our senses allow us to gather this information and sort of categorize and process it in our mind to make it a reality.

If you do a Google search on The Holographic Brain it makes the theory very interesting. In conclusion you’re not real. You’re similar to a computer. Random 1’s and 0’s in an information super highway, but the super highway is a reality because of the information and the way your senses process it, but your senses are not real either. You can put just about any theory into the hologram and it fits. Are you lost yet? I am.

I just got into reading it last week so I’m just a baby in the theory. It beats watching the junk on T.V.

Oh, here’s another link that might make the theory easier to understand.
http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

Yes Lightkeeper you're on the right track. :jam:

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
I found this part of the hologram theory interesting because of the way my dad beat cancer. He basically refused to accept anything other then the radiation treatments. The doctors wanted him to join cancer counseling groups but if you knew my dad you’d know right away he’s a bull headed former marine perfectionist. He told me he refused to believe cancer could interfere with his life and he could beat the cancer by using his mind. It’s all in your head he told me. The rigid old bugger never seems to get sick and if he does he won’t admit he is………

Such a turnabout in the way we view biological structures has caused researchers to point out that medicine and our understanding of the healing process could also be transformed by the holographic paradigm. If the apparent physical structure of the body is but a holographic projection of consciousness, it becomes clear that each of us is much more responsible for our health than current medical wisdom allows. What we now view as miraculous remissions of disease may actually be due to changes in consciousness which in turn effect changes in the hologram of the body.