• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Holographic principle and ultimate reality

Ostronomos

A black hole (according to wikipedia), is a region of spacetime exhibiting gravitational acceleration so strong that nothing - no particles or electromagnetic radiation - can escape. As a result, information becomes permanently encoded on the surface of the event horizon.

From this phenomenon, the holographic principle was born. Essentially, it says that a 4-dimensional body can be described only in 2-dimensions. That 2-dimensional information structure is essentially reality. Not what you see around you.

PureX

Veteran Member
As a result, information becomes permanently encoded on the surface of the event horizon.
I don't know what that means.
From this phenomenon, the holographic principle was born. Essentially, it says that a 4-dimensional body can be described only in 2-dimensions. That 2-dimensional information structure is essentially reality. Not what you see around you.
I don't know what that means, then, either.

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
A black hole (according to wikipedia), is a region of spacetime exhibiting gravitational acceleration so strong that nothing - no particles or electromagnetic radiation - can escape. As a result, information becomes permanently encoded on the surface of the event horizon.

Mirrors work the same way, right? So are you saying reality is an entangled hologram?

Heyo

Veteran Member

That's a bit oversimplified and some information is missing to understand the holographic principle. First it is important to know that we are living inside a Black Hole. (When you take the total mass in the known universe and calculate the Schwarzschild radius, it's bigger than the known universe.) Now it makes sense to assume that the universe can be seen as a hologram on the surface of the Black Hole we are in.
And there is a problem with the holographic principle: it projects only 3 dimensions onto 2, not 4 (the information content of a volume can be projected on the surface, but not the history). Also there is the fact that the universe expands.

Holographic Universe

Ostronomos

That's a bit oversimplified and some information is missing to understand the holographic principle. First it is important to know that we are living inside a Black Hole. (When you take the total mass in the known universe and calculate the Schwarzschild radius, it's bigger than the known universe.) Now it makes sense to assume that the universe can be seen as a hologram on the surface of the Black Hole we are in.
And there is a problem with the holographic principle: it projects only 3 dimensions onto 2, not 4 (the information content of a volume can be projected on the surface, but not the history). Also there is the fact that the universe expands.

Holographic Universe

Evidence that the universe is a hologram was confirmed in 2017. It lead scientists to the conclusion that mind is fundamental and the material world emergent. Brian Greene hosted a documentary on it which ended with the words "The paradigm has shifted".

My interpretation is that the 4-dimensional world (since time is considered a dimension) is an illusion and the 2-dimensional information structure that projects it is what is real.

This structure is capable of retroactive self-creation and Quantum entanglement. Therefore it can appear as a mind within the material dimension from ultimate reality.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Evidence that the universe is a hologram was confirmed in 2017.
[Citation needed]
It lead scientists to the conclusion that mind is fundamental and the material world emergent.
[Citation needed]
Brian Greene hosted a documentary on it which ended with the words "The paradigm has shifted".
I may have seen it. Is it available on YouTube? Do you have a link?
From what I remember, Greene, unlike you, only stated what is based in real physics.
My interpretation is that the 4-dimensional world (since time is considered a dimension) is an illusion and the 2-dimensional information structure that projects it is what is real.
That is a mathematical impossibility when the hologram is on the surface (Schwarzschild radius) of the universe.
This structure is capable of retroactive self-creation and Quantum entanglement. Therefore it can appear as a mind within the material dimension from ultimate reality.
That it so much quantum woo that it isn't even worth addressing.

Ostronomos

[Citation needed]

[Citation needed]

I may have seen it. Is it available on YouTube? Do you have a link?
From what I remember, Greene, unlike you, only stated what is based in real physics.

That is a mathematical impossibility when the hologram is on the surface (Schwarzschild radius) of the universe.

That it so much quantum woo that it isn't even worth addressing.

Heyo

Veteran Member
That isn't the one hosted by Green. That is a quote mine marathon by Inspiring Philosophy. Noticed that the scientists all say something like "maybe information is more basic than matter" and he equates that with "consciousness is more basic than matter"?
Noticed that the scientists speak about that 3 dimensions can be projected on the surface of a Black Hole? And you misconstruct that as 4 dimensions being projected on an unspecified surface?
I see some severe differences in understanding between your and the scientific view.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
ParaBrahman, after cloning and delegating to the cloned crew, has been 3-D printing the _verse
verse by verse

Satya (Truth) --- Consciousness => concepts => truth axioms => math models => algorithms => blueprint => 3D Printing => material result

^ ^
|| ||
Satya(axioms) => Laws