• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The halal rort on Australians: paying an Islamic religious food tax without knowing

Galen.Iksnudnard

http://islammonitor.org/index.php?o...mic-religious-food-tax-without-knowing-part-1

Muslims do not require halal food at all as they are free to eat anything that isn’t deemed haram yet increasingly ALL our food is ‘halal.’ The Australian population is being ripped off with the compliance of slaughter houses and manufacturers for they now carryout processes which are inspected by a Muslim and a Muslim group issues a halal certification certificate if it complies with sharia --- and YOU pay for this although YOU, the ordinary Australian does NOT require your food production to comply with sharia and YOU do NOT require halal certification. You may want to avoid this rort by avoiding halal food BUT many immoral food manufacturers, while complying with and paying for the Islamic certification system, lack the moral responsibility to inform the public and don’t label their food as halal. Australia is a SECULAR nation and we should not under any circumstances be complying with the insane religious food laws of Islam or allowing sharia to be enforced over us by stealth. How have food producers been coopted as agents of Islamization and pathways to transfer an Islamic religious food tax from unwilling consumers to Islamic groups?

Can any Australian members weigh in on this?

What steps have the Australian government taken to stop Australians from being unfairly swindled in this manner?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Sounds like a blackmail to me.
If the food is not marked Halal what are the manufacturers paying for?
They could not sell to Muslems as they would not know it was not haram.

In some cities in the UK a majority of the food is marked Halal and one can understand why, as they have such a large muslem population, even then they have to comply with UK food laws.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The halal rort on Australians: paying an Islamic religious food tax without knowing Part 1

Can any Australian members weigh in on this?

What steps have the Australian government taken to stop Australians from being unfairly swindled in this manner?

the beauty of living in a multicultural society is that we get to experience all manner of diverse backgrounds and 'foods' including Halal. We are all benefiting from it.

Besides, muslims pay tax in australia too... so why can't they have halal? Many muslims are born in australia too... hence they ARE Australians.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Strikes me as Islamophobic rubbish. So, for example, ...
Muslims do not require halal food at all as they are free to eat anything that isn’t deemed haram yet increasingly ALL our food is ‘halal.’
And observant Jews don't 'require' kosher food if they limit their diet to such things as carrots and oranges. See halal.​
or ...
You may want to avoid this rort by avoiding halal food BUT many immoral food manufacturers, while complying with and paying for the Islamic certification system, lack the moral responsibility to inform the public and don’t label their food as halal.
This is just senseless.​

Last edited:

Galen.Iksnudnard

And observant Jews don't 'require' kosher food if they limit their diet to such things as carrots and oranges.

Personally I wouldn't dismiss things as being Islamophobic outright when creeping shariah is becoming an every-day reality for many.

The "kosher" argument is also addressed in the Article:

Jewish food is produced in small amounts, clearly labelled, sold in separate areas of the supermarket or special shops and not forced onto others.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Muslims do not require halal food at all as they are free to eat anything that isn’t deemed haram yet increasingly ALL our food is ‘halal.’

Lol, it takes just the first sentence of your quote to realize the author is ignorant of Islamic laws.

Our food, to be considered Halal, but be slaughtered according to Sharia.

Galen.Iksnudnard

Lol, it takes just the first sentence of your quote to realize the author is ignorant of Islamic laws.

According to the Koran, meat slaughtered by Christians and Jews is halal.

"This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you"
— Qurʼan, Surah 5 (al-Maʼidah), ayah 5​

Regardless you are missing the point that Australia is NOT a Muslim country and that Halal food should NOT be imposed upon non-Muslims.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
*pullsouttissue* Here's a tissue

Now excuse me while I go worry about something more pressing. Like Mily Cyrus.

apophenia

Regardless you are missing the point that Australia is NOT a Muslim country and that Halal food should NOT be imposed upon non-Muslims.

What inspired this ?

Is this because McDonalds ( I think it is McDonalds, maybe it's Hungry Jacks ) in the western suburbs of Sydney is selling halal burgers ? Is there any other reason you say that halal food is being 'imposed' on non-muslims ?

wormwoodbush

What inspired this ?

Is this because McDonalds ( I think it is McDonalds, maybe it's Hungry Jacks ) in the western suburbs of Sydney is selling halal burgers ? Is there any other reason you say that halal food is being 'imposed' on non-muslims ?

Have you looked in the supermarket? Everyday items such as all cadbury lines and most yoghurts and cheeses to name but a few, are paying for halal certification and at least bothering to label food as such. In predominantly muslim areas like you mentioned, I can understand stores stocking mostly halal certified products, but in a place like Geelong Victoria, why is it necessary? It's not, so the products are being forced on the general population, who neither want, nor need them, quite the opposite in most cases. Christians are not allowed to eat food dedicated to a false idol. Halal food is dedicated to Allah, who in christian eyes is a false idol, and is not the same as the christian God! Despite the muslims insistance that it is. So where are the christian's rights in this? There are many more christians in Australia than muslims, yet muslim requirements get put first!

wormwoodbush

Actually, the first sentence is as correct as it could be. Muslims ARE free to eat ANYTHING not deemed haram. Or is the Koran wrong? It's a simple statement of fact, no interpretation required. If it's not haram, then it is halal. Yes?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Have you looked in the supermarket? Everyday items such as all cadbury lines and most yoghurts and cheeses to name but a few, are paying for halal certification and at least bothering to label food as such. In predominantly muslim areas like you mentioned, I can understand stores stocking mostly halal certified products, but in a place like Geelong Victoria, why is it necessary? It's not, so the products are being forced on the general population, who neither want, nor need them, quite the opposite in most cases. Christians are not allowed to eat food dedicated to a false idol. Halal food is dedicated to Allah, who in christian eyes is a false idol, and is not the same as the christian God! Despite the muslims insistance that it is. So where are the christian's rights in this? There are many more christians in Australia than muslims, yet muslim requirements get put first!

Let me change two words in this, and tell me if you would say it like this-

Have you looked in the supermarket? Everyday items such as all cadbury lines and most yoghurts and cheeses to name but a few, are paying for kosher certification and at least bothering to label food as such. In predominantly jewish areas like you mentioned, I can understand stores stocking mostly kosher certified products, but in a place like Geelong Victoria, why is it necessary? It's not, so the products are being forced on the general population, who neither want, nor need them, quite the opposite in most cases. Christians are not allowed to eat food dedicated to a false idol. Kosher food is dedicated to YHWH, who in christian eyes is a false idol, and is not the same as the christian God! Despite the jews insistance that it is. So where are the christian's rights in this? There are many more christians in Australia than jews, yet jew requirements get put first!

There we go. Would you say that?

dust1n

Zindīq
Have you looked in the supermarket? Everyday items such as all cadbury lines and most yoghurts and cheeses to name but a few, are paying for halal certification and at least bothering to label food as such.

In Australia, are businesses not allowed to do whatever they want?

And as an Australian consumer, aren't you allow to purchase or not purchase whatever you want?

Treks

Yes, some meat is slaughtered in the halal way and is NOT labelled as halal. For example, not many Australian's know that all the Steggles and Lilydale chickens they eat are slaughtered in slaughterhouses staffed with Muslim slaughtermen where they say the Bismillah prior to slaughter.

This is a problem for initiated Sikhs, who are prohibited from eating meat slaughtered in this way.

Each bird, in the act of slaughter, the trachea, esophagus and major blood vessels in the neck region (jugular and carotid) of the bird must be severed leaving the spinal cord intact.

MD

qualiaphile
I think it's ridiculous for secular nations to pay taxes for meat killed in more barbaric ways than the conventional method, just to placate a small yet vocal minority.

Further proof that liberalism is paving the road for an Islamic future of the West.

Treks

I wouldn't call it a tax. All they're saying is that (presumably) the halal products have an extra cost factored into the price the consumer has to pay.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

apophenia

I think it's ridiculous for secular nations to pay taxes for meat killed in more barbaric ways than the conventional method, just to placate a small yet vocal minority.

Further proof that liberalism is paving the road for an Islamic future of the West.

"meat killed in more barbaric ways than the conventional method"

yoiks !

Like many Australians, I was deeply distressed to see the way our live cattle exports were treated in Indonesia.

On the other hand, I personally knew a fellow who worked in a chicken production company in Tasmania.

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Heartbreakingly horrible. Don't even ask.

And anyone who is familiar with the treatment of chickens involved in egg production here would NEVER buy eggs produced by caged chickens. I won't distress you with the details. Unfortunately it is considered an economic impossibility to supply sufficient eggs for the Australian market without this horror.

And the pigs .... I don't eat pork anymore. The treatment of sows is demonic. Seriously.

People in glass houses ...

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
According to the Koran, meat slaughtered by Christians and Jews is halal.

"This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you"
— Qurʼan, Surah 5 (al-Maʼidah), ayah 5​

You are aware that virtually all food you eat is halal by default. About the only food that is not halal is some meat products and anything that contains insects or intoxicants
Nothing is done to make those halal, they are halal as is. No Islamic involvement involved they are created halal If they have a halal label on them it is an advertising ploy by the producer, to attract the Muslim market. Has nothing to do with some mysterious "Halal Tax"