• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Green Room purpose - please read

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
This forum is for those who wish to discuss environmental issues and share of ways to be more eco-friendly in our everyday lives.

Some examples of what would be appropriate in this forum:
  • Product reviews of clean/green technology
  • New reports on environment issues
  • Share what you are doing in your own home to lessen your impact
  • Encourage activism by providing links to organizations and movements that support the environment and cleaning up the environment
Enjoy being green! :D

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Good idea...

It's good to know how to change the black color into green, specially in my country!!

Thanks for giving us hope!

elisheba

stop using air conditioning, airplanes, meat, non-organic dairy and eggs, plastic, lights at night, speeding, fast stops, rapid acceleration, aerosol sprays

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
This forum is for those who wish to discuss environmental issues and share of ways to be more eco-friendly in our everyday lives.

Some examples of what would be appropriate in this forum:

• Product reviews of clean/green technology
  • New reports on environment issues
  • Share what you are doing in your own home to lessen your impact
  • Encourage activism by providing links to organizations and movements that support the environment and cleaning up the environment
Enjoy being green! :D

Good thread,these are the things i do,what i cannot grow myself i buy from a local farm which saves on the plastic packages that Supermarkets use.
At home i do not fill the Kettle if i am making Tea or Coffee just for me which saves on Electricity.
A good idea from Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall is Landshare.net where Landowners let you use some of their land to grow food on,the more people that grow their own food or the bulk of it the less Miles it has done before it is eaten.

Just_me_Mike

We bring our own bags to the grocery store, and unplug any things that are not used often, and hang dry alot of our clothes.

Rio Sabinas

Old Geezer
Improve the gas milage in your vehicle by watching your Tachometer.
When accelerating, try to keep the engine under 2,000 rpm's. It will
improve the MPG. Better gas milage = smaller carbon footprint.

bain-druie

Tree-Hugger!
I guess it kinda figures this would be the first thread a Druid posts on.

Some excellent books about how to practically keep your house clean without using toxic chemicals, and how to be more nature-based, are by Ellen Sandbeck: 'Organic Housekeeping', 'Green Housekeeping', and 'Green Barbarians'. She also has a Facebook page called 'Green Barbarians.

One of the best things I learned from her is that all you ever really need for cleaning the house is vinegar, baking soda, and once in a while hydrogen peroxide. Much less expensive and much greener at the same time! Win-win situation.