• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Truth

King Phenomenon

I think human beings are flawed but I do think they are very intelligent and when it comes to religion I don't think they are fooled that easily when it comes to the great truth. When it comes to the great religions of the world it's probably good that they will never change and no new great ones will be formed and take there place. I think they do a pretty good job introducing peoples of the world to the great truth. It's probably good that they remain shrouded in mystery and symbolically represent the great truth. It gives people a little leeway in what they believe and one can even change religions at will.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
IMHO:
I think human beings are flawed
That is a fact

I do think they are very intelligent
That is relative. Compared to computers they are quite intelligent

when it comes to religion I don't think they are fooled that easily when it comes to the great truth
I think they are fooled quite easily. What is the Great Truth?

When it comes to the great religions of the world it's probably good that they will never change
Religion is the start of Spiritual Life. In the end it is a personal Quest

no new great ones will be formed and take there place
Only God knows

I think they do a pretty good job introducing peoples of the world to the great truth
I agree

It's probably good that they remain shrouded in mystery and symbolically represent the great truth.
I agree

It gives people a little leeway in what they believe and one can even change religions at will.
That is what happens every day; people changing religion at will

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
When it comes to the great religions of the world it's probably good that they will never change and no new great ones will be formed and take there place. I think they do a pretty good job introducing peoples of the world to the great truth.
If these "great religions of the world" contains dogmatic issues and explanations, they better change sooner than later if the topic is "the truth".

The closest I can come to a "common human great truth" is written in my profile signature.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You use the phrase "The Great Truth" repeatedly, but you fail to tell us what it is; what you mean by it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I think they do a pretty good job introducing peoples of the world to the great truth. It's probably good that they remain shrouded in mystery and symbolically represent the great truth. It gives people a little leeway in what they believe and one can even change religions at will.
Well .. No leeway in Abrahamic religions. My way is the high way.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think human beings are flawed but I do think they are very intelligent and when it comes to religion I don't think they are fooled that easily when it comes to the great truth. When it comes to the great religions of the world it's probably good that they will never change and no new great ones will be formed and take there place. I think they do a pretty good job introducing peoples of the world to the great truth. It's probably good that they remain shrouded in mystery and symbolically represent the great truth. It gives people a little leeway in what they believe and one can even change religions at will.

All fine and rosy if it wasn't for the fact that many religions have been warring with each other for long periods and there seems no end to such when few are willing to shift their positions on various matters and where they hardly contribute to the loveliness you seem to see. Like to look at how some see homosexuality or female rights or those of children not being indoctrinated?

The great truth seems to be that humans are a mess and will probably make a mess of this planet before they go extinct. Is that clever?