• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The great religion-less religion

Christy

Are those who rail so viciously against organized religion actually worshipers in their own well-organized religion?

They have many gods. The faces of their gods morph into the faces of lawyerly leaders of the ACLU and other such groups, the faces of new-age editorialists at the New York Times and other such publications, the faces of the “news” reporters in the mainstream media whose delight is in any story that undermines faith, the faces of beautiful and oh-so intelligent Hollywood actors who wouldn’t be caught dead in any Church, and the faces of exciting activist judges from all 50 states who find never-ending excuses for shutting down the faith statements and activities of believing Jews and Christians.

They believe in a devil and a horde of demons. The God of Jews and Christians – the God of Abraham - is the devil. The followers of this God who call themselves Jews and Christians – they are the horde of demons that simply must be wiped off the face of this holy mother earth.

They have a temple. It is called this holy mother earth. The greatest profanity imaginable is to use the resources of the great mother earth without her expressed permission. They believe that if the feelings of mother earth are hurt, we will all soon die.

They have many holy documents. The holy documents are the writings of their gods. (See the first paragraph for the listing of their gods.)

They have worship services. Usually these are called demonstrations or marches or outings or protest meetings or court hearings. Attendance at these worship services is mandatory. Supplication to their gods and adoration of their gods is also mandatory at these worship services.

They have a simple creed: We believe we are not stupid. We believe that religion is only for the stupid. We believe that, at best, religion is merely the opiate of the people. We believe that it is our ultimate purpose in life to wipe out all religion immediately and with all possible force.

They have a problem. The God of Abraham will not be wiped out. His faithful followers will not be wiped out.

But this is what really sticks in the craw of the earnest believers in this religion-less religion: Faith in the God of Abraham works. People who love Him and worship Him have longer, healthier, and more purposeful lives.

Damn it, they say. We are just going to have to worship and follow our own gods with greater zeal. And so they do. Amen.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Christy said:
Faith in the God of Abraham works. People who love Him and worship Him have longer, healthier, and more purposeful lives.
I would certainly love to see some evidence supporting that ridiculous statement. :biglaugh:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
BWAHAHAHAHA! SOGFPP... if I hadn't just frubled you, this would have earned you some!!! :D

Christy;

We believe that religion is only for the stupid.

You say this like it's not true. Only God is smart.The rest of us are morons in comparison! Once people realize that, they can finally turn to the living God. There are two types of people in this world. Those who are stupid and those who deny that reality.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
They have a temple. It is called this holy mother earth. The greatest profanity imaginable is to use the resources of the great mother earth without her expressed permission. They believe that if the feelings of mother earth are hurt, we will all soon die.
Boy, those must be some troublesome heathens, aren't they?

By any chance, was Ann Coultier involved in this?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It seems there is a myth cherished by some Christians that the predominant culture in this country is intentionally anti-Christian. I think the real conflict is far more subtle. Perhaps it would be closer to the truth to say that there is an intrinsic conflict between traditional views of the world (which some conservative Christians ally themselves with) and the discoveries of science and scholarship. We live in an age when everyone's convictions are being challenged by science and scholarship -- not just the convictions of certain conservative Christians.

Christy

Sunstone said:
It seems there is a myth cherished by some Christians that the predominant culture in this country is intentionally anti-Christian.
Sunstone - may I suggest a book to you and others you think that persecution of Christians in today's society is not real? Here is the internet address for Amazon's discussion:
http://http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895261111/qid=1104583705/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-6778102-7904867?v=glance&s=books

The title of the 2003 book is Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christianity
by David Limbaugh "CHRISTIAN EXPRESSION IS TREATED as profanity and worse in many public schools and certain federal courts across the nation..."

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Christy said:
Sunstone - may I suggest a book to you and others you think that persecution of Christians in today's society is not real? Here is the internet address for Amazon's discussion:
http://http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895261111/qid=1104583705/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-6778102-7904867?v=glance&s=books

The title of the 2003 book is Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christianity
by David Limbaugh "CHRISTIAN EXPRESSION IS TREATED as profanity and worse in many public schools and certain federal courts across the nation..."

Doesn't Limbaugh in his book obscure the fact that there are Christians on both sides of the so called "Culture War"? That is to say, if Christians are on both sides of that "War", then how can it be that the "War" is only about secular humanism versus Christianity? And how can Christianity be persecuted in this country when Christians are on both sides of the alledged persecutions?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I'm a liberal.

I am totally against Christianity used as a tool for power hungry bigoted idiots.

I think they should be cast in the big pit of burning sulfer with all of the other pseudo-religious hypocrites. They do more to turn honest people away from God than any other single group of people. They are a spawn of Satan and a fat juicey pimple on his butt.

But I am soldier for Christ.

BTW, one of these days I won't hold back so much, and will tell you how I really feel. :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
NetDoc said:
I'm a liberal.

I am totally against Christianity used as a tool for power hungry bigoted idiots.

I think they should be cast in the big pit of burning sulfer with all of the other pseudo-religious hypocrites. They do more to turn honest people away from God than any other single group of people. They are a spawn of Satan and a fat juicey pimple on his butt.

But I am soldier for Christ.

BTW, one of these days I won't hold back so much, and will tell you how I really feel. :D
NetDoc, would you mind not beating around the bush next time you state your opinion? It would help those of us who are uncertain what you think if you could just state your beliefs a little more clearly.

Reading between the lines of your post :D , I find I substantially agree with you. In fact, I think the whole damn "Culture War" is a bunch of blatant hype screwed up from the depths of hell to frighten old men and ladies and their pet dogs into sending their social security checks to unscrupulous politicians, TV preachers, and sleazy foundations. Those are the only people who benefit from creating divisiveness. I hope I've been oblique enough.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
NetDoc and Sunstone -

I'm having trouble reading you on this one. If you have something to say, just come out and say it. You can't continue to ride the fence on the current administration, so just let us know your inner feelings.

TVOR

There is no god higher than truth. -- Mahatama Ghandi
Should we know that at THEM from what is resolved to these overwhelming DAYS of misunderstanding. The religions give consolance. The God Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob should still remain something deep at the security of Western nations. But at the question of Truth as much as knowledge God should be understood One. There are though for the meaningful truth of ultimate courage somewhat two "Gods".

Why I say that is because the uncreated feeling of our community problems at trust are like the pressing winds, cosmic explanations for growth and change in the World of Jesus Christ, the world of belongong to fellow concerns (with materialism at the hidden recourse to Energy). Whereas the determinations of life in the universe keep finding proof for God the father, the creator, not for certain out of nothing, but in a truly present past of human expectation mysteriously beyond Space and Time.

I should get frubbles for this One. However, the pressure of KNOWING in this consistent way does demand more knowledge than I could dream of in only my Catholic religion. If now only I could understand the persecutions in the Christian Romans like I once knew before the new millenium.

Pah

Uber all member
Christy said:
David Limbaugh suffers from a persecution complex as does Worldnet where he frequently contibutes.

Bob

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
pah said:
David Limbaugh suffers from a persecution complex as does Worldnet where he frequently contibutes.

Bob
To me, it seems like the entire Religious Right has a persecution complex at times. I was listening to a neo conservative talk radio host the other day and I couldn't find anything in what he was saying that wouldn't fit into the category of "Poor us! The liberals are out to get us!" His whining nonsense went on and on, and I wondered if he had anything like a positive agenda or if all he did was whine that the liberals were out to get him?

linwood

Christy,

Could you please give an example of this persecution?

In what way are Christians being persecuted?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
The Voice of Reason said:
NetDoc and Sunstone -

I'm having trouble reading you on this one. If you have something to say, just come out and say it. You can't continue to ride the fence on the current administration, so just let us know your inner feelings.

TVOR
I'm going to have to add your name to that list, TVOR. I never know where you three stand on things!

Christy

Some of you on this board are dealing with some serious anger issues.

Anger is clouding your ability to think clearly ----- no scratch that.

Anger is clouding your ability to think.