• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Flood

S-word

Quote.....gnostic You are blending 2 different biblical figures into 1.

Cain's son is different to Jared's son. Just because they have the same name, doesn't mean that they are the same person.

And you are also mixing one myth with another. You would fall into the trap of making faulty comparisons due to similarities, and not understanding the nature of the myth. And when that happened you're only making your argument weaker and superficial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-word
The Chinese global flood has been dated around 2348 BC by the translator of the 1904 edition of the ‘Shujing or “Book of History.” The Zulus global flood story is very interesting: the Zulus who are the descendants of Ham the great, great grandson of Enoch, call their God, the ‘Unkulukulu,’ which translated to English means great, great grandfather, He is considered by the Zulus to be the first Man, and the creator of all that is and who pervades all that he created,

Though, I must admit that my knowledge on Chinese and Zulu myths are very limited, I do know that the Chinese myth is not very old, and somewhat artificial; all old myths were destroyed by the Ch'in dynasty, and were invented later to suit whatever regime that were there at the time. And the Chinese flood myth can't be dated.

Why don’t you Google up “Shujing or ‘Book of History.”

No my dear friend I am not mixing one myth with another I believe that the greater majority of people would see all the global flood stories as being inter-related, nor am I blending two different Biblical figures into one. The age of Cain the shinning one and his brother Abel, whom the shinning one destroyed, is from a world prior to that of which Seth is the recorded first born of the celestial Adam and Eve. In fact it is the spiritual Sons of God who had developed in the previous period of universal activity, who descended in the days of ‘Jared,’ which name means ‘descending’ and who was the physical father of Enoch the giant whose father ‘Jared,’ was possessed by the leader of the ‘Watchers’ or ‘Observers’ while he was with his wife.

It was Michael, Uriel, Raphael, and Gabriel, who in chapter nine of the Book of Enoch the Prophet, bring their accusations against the Sons of God who had defiled themselves with the daughters of man upon the earth. And to the Lord ‘Jahel’ (Lord to the glory of the creator) they said, “And seeth what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were stored in heaven, (The knowledge gained from the previous world) which men were striving to learn etc. And to those Sons of God who introduced into the primitive culture of mankind in this world, the advanced technology of a previous age , which had been stored in heaven, the Lord passes judgment on them saying, “You have been in heaven, but all the mysteries had not been revealed to you, and you knew only worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have revealed etc.”

Azazel was the one who taught mankind all about metallurgy and the making of swords, knives, shields and breastplates, and bracelets and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures Etc. Tubal-Cain, the seventh and last recorded descendant of Cain, was an artificer in copper and iron; the master of all coppersmiths and blacksmiths. Those angel who had come from heaven had to return to heaven, but they would have no peace, and they first had to be bound in the valley of earth till seventy generations had passed, (Jesus is seventy generations from Enoch, See Luke 3; 23-38.) While Azazel was punished separate from the rest, he was taken out to a place in the wilderness called ‘Dudael’ where he was cast into a pit and covered with rough and jagged stones, and all sin was to be ascribed to him.

Moses removed the leaven added by the Egyptians from the holy word of 'Who I Am,' and gave to Israel the chosen servant of God the unleavened loaf, and Moses gave to his brother Aaron the regulation whereby he would choose a scape-goat, and placing his hand upon its head he would transfer the sins of Israel onto the goat, which was then sent out into wilderness to Azazel. You do of course believe that the universe eternally oscillates between a period of visible matter and a period of invisible electromagnetic energy, don’t you?.

Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non being, and again from non being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The book of Enoch was held in great reverence by many of the church fathers, including Irenaeus, Origen and Tertullian, even Jerome who with other Christian authorities as Hilary and Augustine, were to later ban the book, which was thought to have been lost for Millennia.
Origen, who was well versed in the writings of Enoch, was a Christian writer and teacher who lived between the years of 185 and 254 AD. Among his many works is the Hexapla, which is his interpretation of the Old Testament texts. Origen holds to a series of worlds following one upon the other,-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

The nights and days of Brahma are called Manvantara or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day’ that is a period of universal activity, which is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds seems as an eternity. Although I’m not here to bore you with my beliefs, but to repeat again my original question, I know of no flood story from all the different cultures of the world, which have not already taken place, so why do you think that Thoth, with his counterpart Osiris has not already caused the flood to punish mankind for wickedness, is it not written that both deities had subsequently ruled on earth after the human race had begun to flourish again?

Long ago, God gave a command and the heavens and earth were created. The earth was formed out of water and by water, and it was also by water, the waters of the flood, that the old world was destroyed, see second Peter 3: 5-6. Forget about the flood my dear friend for it has come and gone. Look forward to the new universe that will be created after this world, which is being called back to the singularity from which we began, is rolled up as a scroll with a great hissing noise, while the elements burn and fall as massive columns of fire beyond all measure in height and depth into the great Abyss (Black Hole) which is the prison of all the stars and the host of heaven. You must gather a lot more data before you can make an accurate assessment on whether that which I say is right or wrong.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
I am very well aware of the myth of Enoch and the impacts of their literature with Christianity. *sigh*

S-word

I am very well aware of the myth of Enoch and the impacts of their literature with Christianity. *sigh*

You must believe that which you choose to believe, for you were given a fee will, but thank you for opening another subject for me in order that I may reveal the truth to those who read these comments and are spiritually receptive to the truth.

Enoch, who, unblemished and at the age of 365, the number of days in a calendar year, is the reality of the one year old unblemished sacrifical Lamb of God and the only exception of all mankind to have ascended to the eighth eternal day of Light. For God created an eighth day also, that it should be the first day after his works, and it is a day eternal, with neither hours, days, weeks, months, or years, for in the eighth eternal heavens all time shall be stuck together in one aeon, and all who enter therein shall be surrounded by great light and they shall know peace.

The early christians cherished the Book of Enoch, which is the foundation of all scripture untill the second century, when it was banned by the builders of the universal church through such christian authorities as Jerome, Hilary and Augustine and it finally passed out of circulation and was thought to be lost for millennia; "The stone that the builders have rejected, has turned out to be the most important stone of all.

Concerning "Azazel," of whom Enoch says that all sin was to be ascribed, in the margins of the Good News Bible in the book of Leviticus 16: 8-10, it is written: 'The meaning of the Hebrew word 'Azazel' is unknown; it may be the name of a desert demon.' I don't believe as you say; the book of Enoch as far as I'm concerned has had no impact at all on those who have rejected the only exception of all mankind to have ascended into the the eighth eternal heaven of light, and to have descended into his dead past to pay the penality for the sins of the body in which he had developed.

Last edited:

Arlanbb

I have just finished rereading all of S-word statements in this THE GREAT FLOOD series and have come to one conclusion. He is a crazy mixed up fellow. I have not seen so much bull being written in one places as here. I'm sure glade he lives on the other side of the world way down under.

S-word

I have just finished rereading all of S-word statements in this THE GREAT FLOOD series and have come to one conclusion. He is a crazy mixed up fellow. I have not seen so much bull being written in one places as here. I'm sure glade he lives on the other side of the world way down under.

See my last comment in 'Resurrection,' which will also be seen by those who are totally ignorant to the truth as revealed in scripture, as having been written by a madman.