• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Flood

gnostic

The Lost One
According to the Bible, Ham was the ancestor of Egypt (through Mizraim), and yet Egypt and the Egyptian people had existed before Ham was even born (Ham was born less than a century before the Flood, which means your 2350 BCE, so he would have been born after 2450 BCE), and continued to exist during and after the so-called 2350's Flood. There are no sign that the Egyptians had changed people in 2350 BCE. They continued to be ruled as they have before 2350 BCE, have the same religion, writing and way of life. The only difference between the 5th and 6th dynasties, that the Egyptian kings were losing more and more of their authorities to the burreacrats.

The Egyptian city of Memphis (or in Egyptian Ineb-hedj) was a capital of the united kingdom, in the 1st dynasty (Early Dynasty period); the dynasty was founded around 3100 BCE. Memphis remained the capital of Egypt through the Old Kingdom period, which included dynasties 3-6.

Memphis is not very high like Mount Ararat, so if the biblical flood actually happened in 2350 BCE (in the reign of last king of 5th dynasty, Unas), then it would have wiped out the Egyptian civilisation, but there's no evidence of that, because no flood happened in his reign. If it did, Unas should have died. When Unas did die, Teti founded a new dynasty, but Unas didn't die by drowning. There is also no sign of Memphis being destroyed in 2350 BCE and no sign of rebuilding after the Flood.

herushura

The Noahs flood is nothing more then a metaphorical of the nile floods that happen in july, they would flood but they never built bridges across the nile because it would distrupt Ma'at. Instead they built boats to ferry across. July is the sixth Months, is most likey the reason noah was 600 years old, the flood last about 1 and a half months thus 1.5 months thus why the floods last 150 days.

herushura

the other flaw in noahs flood is before the flood genesis describe rivers flowing from edan (Eridu), Tigris and Euphrates. if there was a hugh flood then these rivers would most likely be destroyed
mapANEprecip.jpg

Arlanbb

S-word ~ you really are all mixed up in your biblical history. We have asked you questions after questions about some of your statements on the biblical deluge and you just brush them off like we never asked them. You are a wast of our time. I for one will let you live in your little world full of legends and myths.

S-word

S-word ~ you really are all mixed up in your biblical history. We have asked you questions after questions about some of your statements on the biblical deluge and you just brush them off like we never asked them. You are a wast of our time. I for one will let you live in your little world full of legends and myths.

And you're in for a rude awakening young fellow, when you're slapped in the face with the truth as revealed by the very historians that you put your faith in.

gnostic

The Lost One
It's not just history in Meosopotamia and Egypt that we rely on.

Archaeology and geology are relied on too.

As I have mentioned before, Unas had reigned in the period of your biblical flood. If the flood had came as your bible say, then he would have died then and there, with no pyramid in Sakkara, but that's not the case. His pyramid have been properly dated to his reign. And that's a fact.

And if he somehow survived the this Flood of your, would the Egyptians have reported it? There walls are filled with hieroglyphs.

There are no evidence of structural damages of Unas' pyramid that could be said to be caused by flood. There are also no structural damages to Memphis, the capital of Egypt at that time, that was caused by flood.

There is no sign of massive flood happening at any time in the 24th century BCE. If there was, then the population in Egypt (and in Mesopotamia) would have seriously disrupted.

Do you seriously think that Noah's 3 sons could have repopulated Mesopotamia and Egypt in 2 years? They would have to sire hundreds of thousands people. There's no signs of massive disappearance or displacement of population.

That proofs that there is no flood in 24th century BCE.

Arlanbb

S-word - I will have you know that I'm older than you and have been around more than you have so don't call me "young fellow". I have worked in archaeology in Israel and my information comes from what they have dug up.

herushura

Well the bible indicates a Flood but its does not indicate a world wide flood, ancient has no globe but if a flood happened that outreached ancients eyes then to them the world has flooded even theoug the water is nothing more then a small dot on the mid east map, noahs 3 sons, could be the 3 stars of Orion and noah could be Sirius as the rising of Sirius happened on the day ofthe Nile flood month in July 19th, 3 wise men, 3 noahs sons, orions belt

S-word

Quote .... herushura.
Well the bible indicates a Flood but its does not indicate a world wide flood, ancient has no globe but if a flood happened that outreached ancients eyes then to them the world has flooded even theoug the water is nothing more then a small dot on the mid east map, noahs 3 sons, could be the 3 stars of Orion and noah could be Sirius as the rising of Sirius happened on the day ofthe Nile flood month in July 19th, 3 wise men, 3 noahs sons, orions belt

I see and understand your cryptic message, but beware the three wise men; three gifts? Yes, but three wise men .....?

“The God of the Zulus who are descendants of Ham the great, great grandson of Enoch, is called the ‘Unkulunkulu,’ which translated to English, means great, great grandfather. When pressed as to who was the father of their great ancestor (Enoch), the general answer of the Zulus seems to be that he ‘branched off from a reed or that he came from a bed of reeds.’” (Reported by Dr. Gallaway) ---Max Muller, Science of Religion, p. 45. See Cain = Reeds, the four plants that Adam was allowed to take from paradise and the four sacred tokens that were buried with him, Crocus, Nard, Calamus and dill.

“Imhotep was often characterised in inscriptions as ‘the image and likeness of Thoth’- and also as the ‘successor to Thoth’ after the deity had ascended to heaven.” Graham Hancock, The Sign and the Seal.

Imhotep and Noah have the same reported birth date give or take a year or two, and both are seen as Melchizedek the prince of ‘Salem’. (If I were looking for the lost tomb of Imhotep, I would concentrate on the area around Jerusalem) according to ancient Jewish tradition, Noah and Enoch who was considered the greatest scientific mind of his time, were both seen as Giants. It was in the days of Enoch’s physical father ‘Jared,’ which name means descending, that the sons of God abandoned their own original habitat and defiled themselves with the daughters of men, and by possessing the bodies of the men while they were with their wives, they were able to pass on their issue and giants were born in the earth; Enoch the physical son of Jared, is the spiritual son of Cain, and Like ‘Thoth,’ Enoch at the age of 365 was carried to heaven. The Book of Jubilees 4: 23, concerning Enoch, “And he was taken from amongst the children of men and we (The Angels) conducted him into the Garden of Eden in majesty and honour, and behold there he writes down the condemnation and judgment of the world, and all the wickedness of the children of men. And on account of it (God whose name was ‘Hide thyself’) bought the waters of the flood upon all the land of Eden, etc.

Thoth, was seen by the Egyptians as the source of all their knowledge and science, and had been credited with having caused a flood to punish humankind wickedness, as related in chapter CLXXXV of the ‘Book of the Dead.’ Graham Hancock, The Sign and the Seal.

From the ‘Book of Enoch the Prophet’ CVI: 1-6, “Methuselah took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became pregnant by him and bore a son (IN 2950 BC and Lamech was the physical Father to Noah the giant) And his body was as white as snow and as red as the blooming of a rose, and the hair on his head and his long locks were white as wool, and his eyes beautiful. And when he opened his eyes, he lighted up the whole house like the sun, and the whole house was very bright. And thereupon he arose in the hands of the midwife, opened his mouth, and conversed with the Lord of righteousness. And his father Lamech was afraid of him, (Just as Eve was terrified when she first saw Cain the shinning one and thought to kill him) and Lamech fled and ran to his father Methuselah. And he said to him: “I have begotten a strange son, diverse from and unlike man, and resembling the sons of the God of heaven; and his nature is different, and he is not like us, and his eyes are as the rays of the sun, and his countenance is glorious. And it seems that he is not sprung from me, but from the angels. And I fear that in his days, a wonder may be wrought on the earth.

Somewhere it is written,(and I’m sure you will find it if you try) that triplets born to the wife of (Imhotep) the priest of Ra, would overthrow the royal line of the descendants of king Khufu. I will continue to put my faith in the Holy Scriptures, while you continue to put your faith in the historian and archaeologists who, in time will prove God’s word to be correct.

Last edited:

S-word

Quote .... herushura.

I see and understand your cryptic message, but beware the three wise men; three gifts? Yes, but three wise men .....?

“The God of the Zulus who are descendants of Ham the great, great grandson of Enoch, is called the ‘Unkulunkulu,’ which translated to English, means great, great grandfather. When pressed as to who was the father of their great ancestor (Enoch), the general answer of the Zulus seems to be that he ‘branched off from a reed or that he came from a bed of reeds.’” (Reported by Dr. Gallaway) ---Max Muller, Science of Religion, p. 45. See Cain = Reeds, the four plants that Adam was allowed to take from paradise, the four sacred tokens that were buried with him, Crocus, dill, Nard and Calamus.

“Imhotep was often characterised in inscriptions as ‘the image and likeness of Thoth’- and also as the ‘successor to Thoth’ after the deity had ascended to heaven.” Graham Hancock, The Sign and the Seal.

Imhotep and Noah have the same reported birth date give or take a year or two, and both are seen as Melchizedek the prince of ‘Salem’. (If I were looking for the lost tomb of Imhotep, I would concentrate on the area around Jerusalem) According to ancient Jewish tradition, Noah and Enoch who was considered the greatest scientific mind of his time, were both seen as Giants. It was in the days of Enoch’s physical father ‘Jared,’ which name means descending, that the sons of God abandoned their own original habitat and defiled themselves with the daughters of men, and by possessing the bodies of the men while they were with their wives, they were able to pass on their issue and giants were born in the earth; Enoch the physical son of Jared, is the spiritual son of Cain, and Like ‘Thoth,’ Enoch at the age of 365 was carried to heaven. The Book of Jubilees 4: 23, concerning Enoch, “And he was taken from amongst the children of men and we (The Angels) conducted him into the Garden of Eden in majesty and honour, and behold there he writes down the condemnation and judgment of the world, and all the wickedness of the children of men. And on account of it (God whose name was ‘Hide thyself’=Cain) bought the waters of the flood upon all the land of Eden, etc."

Thoth, was seen by the Egyptians as the source of all their knowledge and science, and had been credited with having caused a flood to punish humankind for wickedness, as related in chapter CLXXV of the ‘Book of the Dead.’ Graham Hancock, The Sign and the Seal.

From the ‘Book of Enoch the Prophet’ CVI: 1-6, “Methuselah took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became pregnant by him and bore a son (IN 2950 BC and Lamech was the physical Father to Noah the giant) And his body was as white as snow and as red as the blooming of a rose, and the hair on his head and his long locks were white as wool, and his eyes beautiful. And when he opened his eyes, he lighted up the whole house like the sun, and the whole house was very bright. And thereupon he arose in the hands of the midwife, opened his mouth, and conversed with the Lord of righteousness. And his father Lamech was afraid of him, (Just as Eve was terrified when she first saw Cain the shinning one and thought to kill him) and Lamech fled and ran to his father Methuselah. And he said to him: “I have begotten a strange son, diverse from and unlike man, and resembling the sons of the God of heaven; and his nature is different, and he is not like us, and his eyes are as the rays of the sun, and his countenance is glorious. And it seems that he is not sprung from me, but from the angels. And I fear that in his days, a wonder may be wrought on the earth.

Somewhere it is written,(and I’m sure you will find it if you try) that triplets born to the wife of (Imhotep) the priest of Ra, would overthrow the royal line of the descendants of king Khufu. I will continue to put my faith in the Holy Scriptures, while you continue to put your faith in the historians and archaeologists who, in time will prove God’s word to be correct.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
S_Word said:
Thoth, was seen by the Egyptians as the source of all their knowledge and science, and had been credited with having caused a flood to punish humankind wickedness, as related in chapter CLXXXV of the ‘Book of the Dead.’ Graham Hancock, The Sign and the Seal.

This is all say in chapter CLXXXV from Book of the Dead:
CHAPTER CLXXXV. (?)] (I) A HYMN OF PRAISE TO OSIRIS THE DWELLER IN AMENTET, UN-NEFER WITHIN ABTU, Osiris Ani, triumphant, saith: Hail, O my lord, who dost traverse (2) eternity, and whose existence endureth for ever. Hail, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Prince, the God of gods who (3) live with Thee, I have come unto Thee Make thou for me a seat with those who are in the underworld, and who adore (4) the images of thy ka (5) and who are among those who [endure] for (6) millions of millions of years.

There's nothing here that say anything about a flood, s_word. Hancock quoted wrong the wrong chapter. I believed that he is referring to chapter CLXXV:

Book of the Dead said:
How long then have I to live? It is decreed that thou shalt live for millions of millions of years, a life of millions of years. (17) May it be granted that I pass on unto the holy princes, for I am doing away with all that I did when this earth came into being from Nu (18), and when it sprang from the watery abyss even as it was in the days of old.

S-word

This is all say in chapter CLXXXV from Book of the Dead:
There's nothing here that say anything about a flood, s_word. Hancock quoted wrong the wrong chapter. I believed that he is referring to chapter CLXXV:

You are quite correct gnostic, but it was not Hancock who was in error, it was I who somehow put in an extra x, thank you for pointing it out. I have now edited same, and have corrected the mistake, once again, thank you.

“They have fought fights, they have upheld strifes, they have done evil, they have created hostilities, they have made slaughter they have caused trouble and oppression... [Therefore] I am going to blot out everything which I have made. This earth shall enter into the watery abyss by means of a raging flood, and will become even as it was in primeval time.” Thebian Recession of the Book of the Dead.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
I think that you should understand that the passage in Theban recension BotD referred to a flooding of the entire earth that HAVE NOT HAPPENED YET.

It's a prophecy of when Atum will cover the earth with Nu (primeval water or abyss) and that's when Osiris will be able to leave the Underworld. And that there would be no life whatsoever on the surface of the earth.

S-word

Quote gnostic ..... I think that you should understand that the passage in Theban recension BotD referred to a flooding of the entire earth that HAVE NOT HAPPENED YET.

It's a prophecy of when Atum will cover the earth with Nu (primeval water or abyss) and that's when Osiris will be able to leave the Underworld. And that there would be no life whatsoever on the surface of the earth.

And what makes you think that the flood has not occurred? According to the Bible, the flood of 2350 BC, when ‘Imhotep=Noah the Prince of Salem’ the successor to Thoth=Enoch, was about 600 years old, there was a flood which I believe was representative of a more ancient flood that had destroyed all land animals; a flood that is recorded in the ancient histories of most cultures, as having occurred. The Chinese global flood has been dated around 2348 BC by the translator of the 1904 edition of the ‘Shujing or “Book of History.” The Zulus global flood story is very interesting: the Zulus who are the descendants of Ham the great, great grandson of Enoch, call their God, the ‘Unkulukulu,’ which translated to English means great, great grandfather, He is considered by the Zulus to be the first Man, and the creator of all that is and who pervades all that he created, (Just as Osiris was given the sovereignty of his Father Seb (Time) and his mother Mut (Space) and was the first of the gods of the five new made days or cycles of universal activity so too was Enoch, who was the only exception of all mankind to have ascended into the eighth eternal day of Light, a Lord of space time, who descended to the sixth day or cycle of universal activity, just after the catastrophic comet collision that brought to an end the age of the great upright walking reptiles.This is the second creation as recorded in Genesis, where Adam is created all alone on a barren earth, before the plants whose seeds were in the earth had sprouted and then from the genetic material frozen in the earth, he created all the animals and brought them to Adam, before removing one of his ribs and creating the woman, a subject we might cover more extensively at a later date.) According to their flood story, the gods warned the father of Ham or their grandfather Teye=Noah that a flood was coming that would overwhelm the world, and that he should build a raft and put the humans and animals on it. Grandfather Teye was most persuasive and everyone came except a stubborn old lion named Mbube. Because Mbube doubted that a flood was coming he told grandfather Teye=Noah to come back and tell him when the rains had started. The flood came and the raft was carried off upon the waters leaving Mbube to drown. The repentant Mbube made his apologies with loud cries and tears, which were heard by the sun God who took pity on him and turned him into a constellation called, ‘The lion that was left behind; another interesting subject that will have to left in abeyance.

‘The Book of Enoch the Prophet’ X: 1, “Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, and said to him: Go to Noah and tell him in my name “Hide Thyself!” And reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole world would be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is upon it. Now instruct him that he may escape and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world etc. LXVII: 11, "And those same water will undergo a change in those days; for when those angels are punished in those waters, these water-springs will change their temperature, and when the angels ascend, this water of the spring shall change and become cold (Freeze.)The ancient Greeks speak of three floods. The flood of Ogyges, the flood of Deucalion and the flood of Dardanus, the silver age of man was brought to its end by the Ogyges flood, while the Deucalion flood ended the bronze age etc.

To explain all this in enough detail to be understood clearly will take more than one post. I could simply say that this is not the first age of man, and the body of mankind in each age of man is the androgynous bride body to the godhead that had developed in the previous body, in which body the godhead born of the previous body gathers the spirits of good people who fall asleep in righteousness into the single enclosure of which the compilation of those spirits is the son of the godhead of the previous age and the blood price paid by the righteous spirits for the sins of their life, is the ransom for He who is their compilation.
Before this age of mankind, who are all descendants of Enoch the only living spirit in Noah, his wife, his sons and their wives who are all descendants of Enoch’s six sons---- Methusulah, Rigam, Riman, Urchan, Cherminion, and Giadad, in who was the spirit of Enoch the new man who rose from the baptismal waters in which the old age of man died.
And before the age of man that was descended from Seth the androgynous body of mankind and the sister bride to Cain who had inherited her mother’s matrilineal throne in which sister body, Enoch the son of Cain and unblemished spirit of 365 cycles had developed, there was the age of Abel and Cain his older brother, who had completed the evolutionary process and had become the light being who destroyed his brother mankind and it was the righteous blood of Abel that paid the ransom for Enoch. For we shall not all fall asleep in death, but at the sound of the last trumpet, those who have endured to the end will be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, from beings of corruptible matter into bodies of incorruptible light. But whether or not you are interested in this line of thought is questionable so again I ask the question, what make you think that the flood has not yet occurred?

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
s-word said:
And before the age of man that was descended from Seth the androgynous body of mankind and the sister bride to Cain who had inherited her mother’s matrilineal throne in which sister body, Enoch the son of Cain and unblemished spirit of 365 cycles had developed, there was the age of Abel and Cain his older brother, who had completed the evolutionary process and had become the light being who destroyed his brother mankind and it was the righteous blood of Abel that paid the ransom for Enoch. For we shall not all fall asleep in death, but at the sound of the last trumpet, those who have endured to the end will be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, from beings of corruptible matter into bodies of incorruptible light. But whether or not you are interested in this line of thought is questionable so again I ask the question, what make you think that the flood has not yet occurred?
You are blending 2 different biblical figures into 1.

Cain's son is different to Jared's son. Just because they have the same name, doesn't mean that they are the same person.

And you are also mixing one myth with another. You would fall into the trap of making faulty comparisons due to similarities, and not understanding the nature of the myth. And when that happened you're only making your argument weaker and superficial.

s-word said:
The Chinese global flood has been dated around 2348 BC by the translator of the 1904 edition of the ‘Shujing or “Book of History.” The Zulus global flood story is very interesting: the Zulus who are the descendants of Ham the great, great grandson of Enoch, call their God, the ‘Unkulukulu,’ which translated to English means great, great grandfather, He is considered by the Zulus to be the first Man, and the creator of all that is and who pervades all that he created,

Though, I must admit that my knowledge on Chinese and Zulu myths are very limited, I do know that the Chinese myth is not very old, and somewhat artificial; all old myths were destroyed by the Ch'in dynasty, and were invented later to suit whatever regime that were there at the time. And the Chinese flood myth can't be dated.

herushura

238593_f520.jpg

This is the Egyptian tree, this is a complete parral to 7 days of creation, simple Atum is the God of the bible, "Ra-atum-Aten-adon-Ra-Mithra-Helios-El-ellil-allulim*one and same" Shu = Air and Tefnut = Water, thus the spirit(shu) of God(ra-Atum) over the Waters(tefnut)(Genesis), and from Tefnut the waters in genesis, Heaven(nut) and Earth(geb) were created from the Waters(tefnut) and the Air (Shu), then from the Earth life (isis,female osiris,male (adam-eve) were created from the earth*(geb) and seths(seth).

You See Genesis was written in the image of the egyptian creation story, only diffrence is that the egyptian personifed each created but the genesis donts, but the god in both account (atum-ra,ra,mithra,jesus,el,helios,sol,allah) are one and same

To Darkendless:
... I agree with your last entry > ... it caught my eye.
Spirituality, Religion, and Philosophy, look all the same to me ,...
as well as the people who practise it ... yes ???
all the best.
Simcha

To Arlanbb:
... Dude! These caves that you mentioned above (earlier), are "Neanderthal" and "Cromag-man" remains; ... not! "Modern-Human-Man".
But !, you say you've worked with archaeological research teams here in Israel ??
I believe you. But now I'm a little confused. I'm asking you. Is it a possibilty, that these Israeli-******** have misinformed you, or even themselves ?? Don't insult my intelligence by telling me that THIS isn't a possibilty. I've been living with these scum-pots for over 17 years!
all the best.
Simcha

S-word

Quote....Arlanbb
I think your ideas are a little twisted with no evidence of a local flood in 2350BC to back them up. It is better to stick with the known facts and not make them up.

I stick with the Biblical facts, what a pity that you reject the word of God as false,