• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Deception of Christianity - Departing the Faith (the Word)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The message I have been getting here is that following him is the only way to salvation.
His beliefs are the only correct ones according to his posts. The catch is the claim that he’s “only posting what the scriptures say.” Then the posts can stage his claim that if we don’t believe him, we don’t believe the Bible.

Another favorite gaslighting technique is to be very vague about what he thinks constitutes “the word of God,” which he conflates with “God’s words.”

Muffled

Jesus in me
For me I do not believe God's Word (the scriptures) are corrupt. I believe our understanding of the scriptures can become corrupt. No one receives JESUS as Lord and Savior without believing and following God's Word. The question in my view is how can we continue in the faith and be guided by God's Spirit *JOHN 8:31-36? The answer of course is through faith in God's promises *see JOHN 14:26; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17; JOHN 7:17; 1 JOHN 2:27. These promises are all conditional of course on continuing in God's Word believing and following what God says *JOHN 8:31-36. This is the new covenant promise to all those who believe and follow God's Word *HEBREWS 8:10-12

God bless

I believe that is true to the extent that the Word informs us what to do. However it is not the Word itself that save but Jesus who saves.

I believe that is false if you are speaking of the written Word however the Holy Spirit speaks the word of God so it is true in that sense.

3rdAngel

I believe that is true to the extent that the Word informs us what to do. However it is not the Word itself that save but Jesus who saves.
JESUS is the Word *JOHN 1:1-4; 14; God's Spirit however works through the Word of God not outside of it as it is the Spirit of the Word of God *JOHN 6:63.
I believe that is false if you are speaking of the written Word however the Holy Spirit speaks the word of God so it is true in that sense.
I would disagree. If we do not continue believing and following God's Word we cannot have salvation as salvation is by faith in continueing to believe and follow Gods' Word. *JOHN 8:31-36

3rdAngel

I counter that opinion with Mark 16:15. The gospel is given to all creation — not just a deserving few.

Mark 16:15 does not counter anything shared here and simply says [15], And he said to them, Go you into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

JESUS says... "Many will be called but few will be chosen" *MATTHEW 24:14

and again...

MATTHEW 7: 21, Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven

Hope this helps

Last edited:

3rdAngel

That’s very nice. Perhaps you’d like to join us Christians? Is that what you’re trying to say? There’s always room for you, because, in Christianity, we don’t judge or put people on the outside.

No I am simply pointing all who have ears to hear and eyes to see back to the Word of God.

JOHN 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

MATTHEW 7:24-27 [24], Therefore whoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, which built his house on a rock: [25], And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell not: for it was founded on a rock.[26], And every one that hears these sayings of mine, and does them not, shall be likened to a foolish man, which built his house on the sand: [27], And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it

Last edited:

sojourner

Mark 16:15 does not counter anything shared here and simply says [15], And he said to them, Go you into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Yes it does. You said:
There is only good new for those who believe and follow God's Word.
Mark says Jesus directs us to give the gospel to all creation -- not just to those who "believe and follow..." It does counter your statement. Therefore, your statement is in opposition to the bible. You are not following what Jesus teaches you.

3rdAngel

Yes it does. You said: Mark says Jesus directs us to give the gospel to all creation -- not just to those who "believe and follow..." It does counter your statement. Therefore, your statement is in opposition to the bible. You are not following what Jesus teaches you.

Not really. I believe your confused because you do not believe Gods' Word.

JESUS says... "Many will be called but few will be chosen" *MATTHEW 24:14

and again...

MATTHEW 7: 21, Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven

Hope this helps.

3rdAngel

So, no? You wouldn't like to join us Christians? I suppose that's your choice, but according to your own posts, you'd be better off if you did.

For me I believe God has His people in every church who are living up to all the knowledge he has revealed to them *JOHN 10:16. According to the scriptures I believe a "Christian" is someone that believes and follows God's Word *JOHN 3:16-21; MATTHEW 7:21-26; JOHN 10:26-27. Those who do not believe and follow God's Word are not "chritians" but called "unbelievers" and no "unbeliever" has a part in God's Kingdom because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23 and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing *HEBREWS 10:26-31. According to the scriptures that hour is coming and now is that God's true people will whorship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship him in Spirit and in truth *JOHN 4:23-24. God is calling His people out from wherever they may be back to the pure Word of God and out from following man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God *REVELATION 18:1-5; MATTHEW 15:2-9. I believe those who do not worship God according to the truth of God's Word do not worship God *JOHN 4:23-24

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Hi all,

I believe that the prophetic scriptures from the books of Daniel, Revelation and others in the old and new testaments teach that the majority of professed church's of today that make up Christianity have fallen away from believing and following God's Word in order to follow man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God to depart God and his Word (the Faith).

I believe that these same scriptures teach that the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (not the people, God has his true people in this Church and loves everyone of them) is MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT HARLOT MOTHER CHURCH that has committed fornication (unlawful union) with the kings of the earth and is the MOTHER OF HARLOTS which represent the PROTESTANT CHURCH’S that have departed God’s Word in order to follow the teachings and traditions of men (once again; not the people, God has his true people in this Church and loves everyone of them).

I believe that that above is a fulfillment of many scriptures from the prophetic book of DANIEL and REVELATION and the signs of the end foretold by JESUS in MATTHEW 24:24.

This OP, is not an attack on the people in these Church’s as God has his people in all of these Churchs and loves the people in all these Church’s. The hour has come however and now is, I believe according to the scriptures that God is calling his true followers were ever they may be to come out of these fallen Church’s to worship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and they who worship Him must worship him in Spirit and in truth *JOHN 10:16; JOHN 4:23. God is calling us wherever we may be back to follow him according to the pure Word of God alone! We will look at the detail I hope more and more throughout this thread.

Some questions for consideration in this OP (please prove your claims if you can) linked below..

1. Have the Christian Church’s of the World fallen away from the pure Word of God?
2. Who is MYSTERY BABYLON and who is THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS?
3. Who are the HARLOT DAUGHTERS of MYSTERY BABYLON?
4. Who is the “LITTLE HORN of DANIEL 7 that speaks great things against God and wears out the saints of the most high and changes times and laws?
5. Who are the BEASTS of REVELATION 13?
6. Who is the man of sin, the Antichrist and what is the number of His name?
7. What is the Mark of the Beast we are warned against receiving in our forehead of hands (starts)?
8. What did the early reformer teach about the Pope and the Roman Catholic Church (starts)?
9. Who is God’s truth unfallen Church according to the scriptures?
10. Is there paganism and sun whoship inside the Roman Catholic Church?

Friendly conversations please. Remember this OP is not about the people in these Church’s, but the teachings of the fallen Church’s of Christianity that are no longer following God’s Word that I believe, God is calling his people out from, back to his Word.

I have to ask, who instituted the Roman church in 325 AD, and by what manner did he change the law and the times in 321 AD, and who did he honor and set up as his standard bearers of his church by building a basilica for each.

3rdAngel

I have to ask, who instituted the Roman church in 325 AD, and by what manner did he change the law and the times in 321 AD, and who did he honor and set up as his standard bearers of his church by building a basilica for each.

The Roman Emporer Constantine - Sunday law - In honor of Sun Worship, which was eventually adopted by the Roman Catholic Church in place of God's 4th commandment which is handed down to all of christianity today and the fulfillment of Daniel 7:25

2ndpillar

The Roman Emporer Constantine - Sunday law - In honor of Sun Worship, which was eventually adopted by the Roman Catholic Church in place of God's 4th commandment which is handed down to all of christianity today and the fulfillment of Daniel 7:25

Does that make Constantine the 7th head of the beast (Rev 17)(the one to come), the "another one will come after them", and "make alterations in the times and the law" (Daniel 7:24:25), such as "intend to make alterations in the times and in law"? Does that make Constantine one who deceives "those who dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14), and decreed that no one could buy or sell on the day of the Son, for all markets would be closed. Did not Constantine believe that Sol Invictus told him to conquer under the sign of the cross, and Constantine long term conquest was done by means of the gospel of the cross, presented thru the false prophet Paul, or the cross carrying monks preceding the conquistadors among the Americas, or even the knights of the crusades. After having the cross vision, did not Constantine mint a coin with him on the front and Sol Invictus on the back in the year 313 AD? As Sol Invictus would represent the "dragon", is not the cross the image of the dragon and the beast (Revelation 13:4), which results in the dead remaining dead (Revelation 13:20)? Does not the whole world (those who dwell on the earth (Revelation 13:14)) rest on Sunday, except for the state of Israel. Is it just the "Christians" who are deceived? And who did Constantine glorify by building them basilicas, which are simply churches built in the form of pagan crosses.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I posted facts that are and can be rather easily sourced even from a non-denominational site, such as Wikipedia, thus I am not the one whom is being "misguided". I can point some other such sources out if you wish.

Paul said the Church is to be "one body", and Jesus rather clearly created that one body. However, unfortunately that "one body" is no more, often for mainly political differences that are unfortunate but understandable.

I never said nor implied that, and it is terribly bankrupt for you to put words and thoughts into my mind and mouth that are simply not there. If your concept of Christianity is to make ad hominem attacks and false claims, then I truly think you should rethink whose teachings you really wish to follow. It's far more moral within basic Christian teachings to ask someone what they believe before jumping to conclusions.

BTW, I grew up within Protestantism until my mid-20's, and I still visit these churches occasionally, and without prejudice. If you check across from my avatar, you'll see that I have been involved in ecumenical activities, which implicitly means that I see other Christians, and also non-Christians, as being brothers & sisters in faith. If you cannot accept that, then we will be parting ways.

I don't believe Wikipedia says that. I believe you should look at what makes us one body. It isn't the church and it isn't politics.

I believe my statement didn't say you did.

I believe I can accept that testimony.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ah, yes. The “Faithful Remnant” theme. We find it throughout the Bible. The difference is that generally the ones pointing fingers at apostates are not part of the Faithful Remnant. Something for you to think about...

I believe I know of no situation where the faithful are left out. Strangely enough it is quite possible the apostates aren't left out either.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe you should look at what makes us one body. It isn't the church and it isn't politics.
Then I guess you don't believe in Jesus when he said he'd start his Church (singular) and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. "Church" means community, which is also what Paul said when he said the Church need to be or "one body" (again, singular). There are no statements from Jesus or the Apostles that suggests multiple bodies with different teachings.

sojourner

Yeah, but you said that there was only good news for those who believed. Mark 16:25 says that the gospel is for every creature -- not just those who "believe."
For me I believe God has His people in every church who are living up to all the knowledge he has revealed to them *JOHN 10:16. According to the scriptures I believe a "Christian" is someone that believes and follows God's Word *JOHN 3:16-21; MATTHEW 7:21-26; JOHN 10:26-27. Those who do not believe and follow God's Word are not "chritians" but called "unbelievers" and no "unbeliever" has a part in God's Kingdom because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23 and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing *HEBREWS 10:26-31. According to the scriptures that hour is coming and now is that God's true people will whorship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship him in Spirit and in truth *JOHN 4:23-24. God is calling His people out from wherever they may be back to the pure Word of God and out from following man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God *REVELATION 18:1-5; MATTHEW 15:2-9. I believe those who do not worship God according to the truth of God's Word do not worship God *JOHN 4:23-24
So, since none of this post addresses my post, I'm to assume that you don't want to join with Christians. Fine. But according to you, that's a very bad decision. Just sayin'...

3rdAngel

I believe I know of no situation where the faithful are left out. Strangely enough it is quite possible the apostates aren't left out either.
Well according to the scriptures I believe the apostates are not left out of the fiery indignation that shall devour the adversaries *HEBREWS 10:26-27

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Yeah, but you said that there was only good news for those who believed. Mark 16:25 says that the gospel is for every creature -- not just those who "believe."

Indeed I did. As the scriptures provided say not everyone will accept or believe the Gospel. All MARK 16:25 says is that the gospel will be given to everyone. Sadly the scriptures teach not everyone will accept the invitation *MATTHEW 7:16-26.

So, since none of this post addresses my post, I'm to assume that you don't want to join with Christians. Fine. But according to you, that's a very bad decision. Just sayin'...

Nonsense. I believe your hand waiving and denial of the scriptures that address your post and show why you are in error is noted, but for me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4 over man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:2-9. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear. I believe it becomes our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

Last edited: