• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The gospels not included in the bible.

the gnostic gospels, the most prominent body of non-cannonical gospels, are part of the mythological continuum, and are an attempt to reabsorb the historical reality of jesus back into the false wisdom of superspirituality. they are esoteric and difficult to read and understand, and inaccessible to children. they are of a totally different flavour to the synoptics and John, and there exclusion from the N.T is understandable.

the gnostic gospels, the most prominent body of non-cannonical gospels, are part of the mythological continuum, and are an attempt to reabsorb the historical reality of jesus back into the false wisdom of superspirituality. they are esoteric and difficult to read and understand, and inaccessible to children. they are of a totally different flavour to the synoptics and John, and their exclusion from the N.T is understandable.

dudley thoth said:
the gnostic gospels, the most prominent body of non-cannonical gospels, are part of the mythological continuum, and are an attempt to reabsorb the historical reality of jesus back into the false wisdom of superspirituality. they are esoteric and difficult to read and understand, and inaccessible to children. they are of a totally different flavour to the synoptics and John, and there exclusion from the N.T is understandable.
oops!

the books u mention were not included in the New Testament because they were not completely inspired by the Holy Spirit. i have read some of a couple, one not mentioned of which i can't remember the name, and was surprised to learn of the complaints of adam and eve about their plight with the physical absence of God. Of course we never had a life in heaven and don''t know what it's like to be without the Divine presence of God in our midst. we don't know what were missing.

the books u mention were not included in the New Testament because they were not completely inspired by the Holy Spirit. i have read some of a couple, one not mentioned of which i can't remember the name, and was surprised to learn of the complaints of adam and eve about their plight with the physical absence of God. Of course we never had a life in heaven and don''t know what it's like to be without the Divine presence of God in our midst. we don't know what were missing.