• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gospel of Judas

frangipani

Premium Member
I have been reading the Gospel of Judas and was still somewhat perplexed as to the true nature of Judas and his purpose until I read the following, 'Quote'; Judas said, "Master, as you have heard all the others, hear me. I've had a vision". When Jesus heard this He broke into laughter and said to him, "You who are the thirteenth daimon, why do you try so hard? But speak to me, and I shall be here to hear you". ( In another translation it reads, 'But speak and I shall bear you'.)
I realised that Judas was the thirteenth demon, one sent from the demiurge and his task was to destroy Jesus, but he himself knew he would only be able to destroy the body in which Christ dwelt. He also had a great understanding of who Jesus Christ is and from where He came and of what type He is. Judas wanted this also, but Judas wanted Christ as a qualification, that is as a quality added to himself. He was not wanting to become Christ-like. In simple terms I see it as a person saying I am a Christian, indicating they have taken on Christian qualities as opposed to a person saying I am Christian, indicating I am Christ like. Meaning the first has not been reborn in Truth but remained as they are with an added qualification to make them in their mind 'Christian'. The other though has been reborn and transformed who they are to be one with Christ. It doesn't matter how hard one tries to be Christian if Christ is not in their heart and the Spirit within does not manage the Soul through the bond of Spirit and Soul in Christ creating the rebirth of the individual salvation cannot happen. Any thoughts?

frangipani

Premium Member
This book is not God inspired and is not part of the holy scriptures.Jesus does not speak like that.
The Bible my friend is a compilation of sacred books compiled into a closed cannon by the early Roman catholic Church. The books in it as well as their translations sadly have been manipulated to suit the emerging Roman Catholic Church and the governing state of the time so that the hierarchal system and the high place the church and state held would be preserved. It is the Christ communicating with the Spirit within and the Spirit within guiding the soul that will tell you whether or not something is true or false. You cannot become a Christ like being from external learning and study. The Truth must already be in your heart and when you find it and grow you find Christ is in you and you are in Christ. All of the texts we read including the Bible are of interest to us because we are passionate for Christ and the way of truth and these texts do not teach us the Truth but support what we already know from Christ, that is what makes them of interest to us.

frangipani

Premium Member
The book of Judas is still not God inspired.Neither is the gospel of Thomas.
My friend, You are entitled to your views as we all are. Your responses read very hostile and contentious, I am not interested in arguing with you. I am interested in reading what other people think concerning the Scripture I have quoted and their views on the opinion I have put up. If you have nothing constructive and proper to offer don't embarrass yourself by posting hostility it only demonstrates a lack of tolerance and understanding.

I think I should just remind you that this is the Gnosticism DIR, so perhaps your comments aren't entirely appropriate.

Oh wow,I thought it said Christian DIR.Thanks.I did not see that.I will remove my comments and carry on then.Thanks again.