1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured The Gospel of John Claims that Jesus is God

Discussion in 'Biblical Debates' started by 74x12, Aug 5, 2018.

1. pcarl

pcarl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,501
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Therefore, you shall love the LORD, your God, with your whole heart, and with your whole being, and with your whole strength

Deut 6:5

You shall treat the alien who resides with you no differently than the natives born among you; you shall love the alien as yourself; for you too were once aliens in the land of Egypt. I, the LORD, am your God.

Lev 19:34

• Like Like x 1
  2. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

In thereal writings--At Deut 6:5-LORD is actually-YHVH(Jehovah)--Men removed that name. Every spot-GOD or LORD all capitals. nearly 6800 spots. They had no right. It confused many.

3. pcarl

pcarl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,501
    Religion:
    Catholic
    By what ever 'name' it refers to the God of Israel, and both Hebrew Scripture and Christian Scripture follow the commandment to love God and neighbor, even the 'alien'.

4. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +953
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe Paul to be an apostle of God but not an Apostle the way the church refers to those who walked with Jesus.

5. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +953
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe I haven't seen any evidence to support that view. I suspect it is a time problem.

6. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Hard to Love God when most on earth don't even know him. Jesus warned all that would happen-John 15:20-21

7. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +953
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe it would be easy for Paul to make that mistake just as it is for us if all he has is a report that Simon saw Him first.

8. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +953
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe I have never known a JW who knew God.

9. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +953
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe when people don't have the Holy Spirit like JW's they simply do what they think is right. That is why the JW's get so many things wrong.

10. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

They know the Father-YHVH(Jehovah) as best as possible. They have personal relationships with him. They live to do his will as all real followers do. Like Jesus does-John 5:30)

11. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Its the opposite of your words. They have corrected many errors from 1800 years ago and up. Even their own.

12. 74x12

74x12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +713
    Religion:
    Itiswhatitis
    Making a counter claim doesn't really address my actual points. All it does is make a counter claim.

Theos is Theos. Whether you say Ho Theos or Theos we know that God is one and there is none beside Him. Yet you say that there is one god beside God.

What can disprove your New Worldly Translation?

13. 74x12

74x12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +713
    Religion:
    Itiswhatitis
    No one does or even knows the will of God until they've received baptism of the holy Spirit and entered in the "strait" gate.

14. pcarl

pcarl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,501
    Religion:
    Catholic
    True, Paul did not walk the earthly life with Jesus, he was not one of the 12. But if by apostle it is meant that one was a witness to the risen Jesus, then by that standard Paul was an apostle though not one of His immediate Disciples. An apostle is one who is 'sent', if Paul is to be believed he was given a mission by the risen Christ.

15. pcarl

pcarl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,501
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Not everyone is going to 'know' God by another's personal standards. That's a judgment that is not ours to make. I believe that the majority of believers live their lives walking humbly with their God, we don't hear much from them as we do those who distort and corrupt his message.

16. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Ho Theos= The God--- Plain Theos= a god. It makes a huge difference. Only the Father is called Ho Theos in the NT.

17. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

The bible is filled with Gods will. That is why Jesus taught---MAN does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God.

18. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Jesus taught one MUST know the Father( one who sent Jesus-John 5:30) as THE ONLY TRUE GOD and know Jesus to get eternal life-John 17:3)--Few listen to Jesus--John 17:6= YHVH(Jehovah) John 17:26= YHVH( Jehovah)

19. 74x12

74x12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +713
    Religion:
    Itiswhatitis
    No it doesn't. Your assertion makes no sense because if we go to John 1:6 we find that God(the Father obviously) is called simply Theos. Not Ho Theos.

John 1:6 (KJV)

20. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

I am speaking of the writings in the greek language. Going from one language to another can cause problems in what was actually said. Only the Father is called HO THEOS.