• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The GOP and trickle-down economics... still !?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well this new tax proposal seems to be yet another minor variation on the old "trickle down economics" mythology. Argh!

Every analysis I've seen of the GOP's new plan is that ultimately the middle class's taxes will go up so that the 1%'s taxes will go down, and the justification is the old "trickle down" nonsense.

Nick Hanauer, the speaker in the video below is quite eloquent, and I recommend watching this short, 5 minute video. But the summary is, the rich aren't really "job creators". What really drives an economy is a prosperous middle class.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well this new tax proposal seems to be yet another minor variation on the old "trickle down economics" mythology. Argh!

Every analysis I've seen of the GOP's new plan is that ultimately the middle class's taxes will go up so that the 1%'s taxes will go down, and the justification is the old "trickle down" nonsense.

Nick Hanauer, the speaker in the video below is quite eloquent, and I recommend watching this short, 5 minute video. But the summary is, the rich aren't really "job creators". What really drives an economy is a prosperous middle class.

Excellent. Thanks.

Jeremiah Ames

Completely true.
But the GOP will peddle their lies to the masses, and the blind will buy it.
Ten years from now they will wonder why their standards of living are so much lower and blame a Democrat president.
It’s been going on since Reagan and the sheep are still asleep, so they’ll get another shearing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And every time it's been tried, it's failed. The latest was the Brownback disaster in Kansas.

unknown1.jpg

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
i went to take a look, but the site was not secure.

msn.com is not a secure site, blogspot.com is run by google, what are you afraid of?? insecure sites are a risk to the site owner, not the visitors!!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The conservative love of "trickle down economics" just goes to show that they are no longer the party that deals best with the economy, and haven't been for 30 or 40 years. But being conservatives, they're the last ones to get up to date about that fact.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The conservative love of "trickle down economics" just goes to show that they are no longer the party that deals best with the economy, and haven't been for 30 or 40 years. But being conservatives, they're the last ones to get up to date about that fact.
They've admitted who are their masters. Here's just one story:
Koch network 'piggy banks' closed until Republicans pass health and tax reform

So it's not about fairness or about economic growth or about anything but kowtowing to the ones that own them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I saw that also but kept looking. I think it's a false attribution but I have no proof.

I think you're right. "In conclusion, based on current evidence the saying originated in one of the twelve-step communities. Anonymity is greatly valued in these communities, and no specific author has been identified by the many researchers who have explored the provenance of this adage. The linkage to Albert Einstein occurred many years after his death and is unsupported." -- The Quote Investigator.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Completely true.
But the GOP will peddle their lies to the masses, and the blind will buy it.
Ten years from now they will wonder why their standards of living are so much lower and blame a Democrat president.
It’s been going on since Reagan and the sheep are still asleep, so they’ll get another shearing.

Nowadays, conservatives basically constitute that percentage of the population that, as Lincoln noted, "can be fooled all of the time."

Faithofchristian

If to what you say is true, Then other than the rich. Who created the big automobile industry ?
That employees the middle class workers.

To get the economy to start growing, first you cut the taxes on the middle class workers, so they have more money to buy things. Then once the economy starts growing the debt will come down.

As Trump was a business man himself, and knows by putting more money into his employees pockets, the more they are going to buy things.

How is it that most people, seem to think that Trump is a Republican, Trump never said he was a Republican.
Trump was raised as a Democrate and then after he got older, he accepted the Republican Partys platform. But never once did Trump say he was a Republican.

If you haven't notice, that in all of Trump's campaigns he never had any signs saying that he is a Republican, The only sign said
Trump & Pence. And that is all it said.

Why else do you think that during the debates the Republicans and Democrates were on the attack of Trump.
Because Trump was running as an independent. That's why both Republicans and Democrates were attacking Trump.

They did not want someone who has no political party to stand with. To run for President.

So Trump won, the election as President of being the First to ever win the President of not belonging to Either Party, Republican or Democrate Party's.
But as the People's candidate.For a Private Citizen to run for President and win, for the First time in the history of this country.
Without belongings to either Republican or Democrate Party's.

Trump didn't have to do this, After all Trump was a billionaire, so why would a person, put aside his billionaire company to take on a less paying job. Other than doing it for the people and the Country.

Hey don't say for this reason or that reason, No.
Trump was a billionaire, He already had it made.There would be No logical reason for a person to put aside their billionaire business to take on a less paying job. There's Absolutely no logical sense in that. Go Figure

As a Private Citizen, Trump saw that people voices were not being heard by the political parties. So Trump stood up to be the middle class peoples voices and all Americans Voices to be heard in Washington DC.

How many times have Trump said, I didn't have to do this, I did it for You the American people to be heard. I laid down my billionaire business to come to be your voice.to be heard in Washington DC.
Just ask yourself, if you had a billionaire business, would you lay it down and take a job for only $400,000 a year over your billionaire business. Where's the logic in that at.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
How many times have Trump said, I didn't have to do this, I did it for You the American people to be heard. I laid down my billionaire business to come to be your voice.to be heard in Washington DC.
Just ask yourself, if you had a billionaire business, would you lay it down and take a job for only $400,000 a year over your billionaire business. Where's the logic in that at.

Well he's giving himself a massive tax break. And... I'd say that Trump ran for president mostly to stoke his own ego.

Faithofchristian

Well he's giving himself a massive tax break. And... I'd say that Trump ran for president mostly to stoke his own ego.

Just how do you figure that Trump as giving Himself a massive tax break, When in fact Trump is going to be hurt by those tax breaks for the middle class workers.

You got to be kidding, That Trump would give up his billionaire business just to stoke his own ego. Are you freaking kidding me.
So if you owned a billionaire business, who would give it up, just to stoke your ego.
Are you freaking kidding me.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
any times have Trump said, I didn't have to do this, I did it for You the American people to be heard. I laid down my billionaire business to come to be your voice.to be heard in Washington DC.
Trump said he was going to lay down his billionaire business. He also said he would release his tax returns. He also said he was a Christian. He also said he had a great plan to Repeal and Replace the ACA.

Trump lies continously, about whatever he has to to get his way. He has been doing that for his entire career. He hasn't laid down anything like his business. He has, rather, used his position to boost profits in ways that are possibly illegal.
They're definitely unethical.
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
first you cut the taxes on the middle class workers, so they have more money to buy things
Why should they buy more things? Our consumer culture is one of depression, isolation, and it isn't sustainable. Buying stuff is the fulfillment of Consumer culture, and for our well being it's like choosing to eat a Twinkie rather than fruits and whole grains.
As Trump was a business man himself, and knows by putting more money into his employees pockets, the more they are going to buy things.
Can you support this claim? The scam over his non-accredited "university," the numerous lawsuits against former employees, it doesn't seem likely he managed business with the idea that taking care of your employees and paying them well makes them happy and productive employees. But, rather, he and his father destroyed documents before they could be subpoenaed.
So Trump won, the election as President of being the First to ever win the President of not belonging to Either Party, Republican or Democrate Party's.
Trump's "win" was a farce as fewer people voted for him. And, like it or not, he is a Republican. It isn't (I) Trump, it is, in fact, (R) Trump.
Trump didn't have to do this, After all Trump was a billionaire, so why would a person, put aside his billionaire company to take on a less paying job. Other than doing it for the people and the Country.
When you want power and money, why not? And clearly he didn't do it for the people of this country. He's disrupted families, put educations in limbo, thrown civil-rights gains for some out the window, and his tax plan is a big diarrheal crap all over everyone except the wealthiest of Americans.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Just how do you figure that Trump as giving Himself a massive tax break, When in fact Trump is going to be hurt by those tax breaks for the middle class workers.

You got to be kidding, That Trump would give up his billionaire business just to stoke his own ego. Are you freaking kidding me.
So if you owned a billionaire business, who would give it up, just to stoke your ego.
Are you freaking kidding me.
Why be a king when you can be a god? When you desire power, why stop at business owner when there are bigger prizes to claim?

Faithofchristian

Why should they buy more things? Our consumer culture is one of depression, isolation, and it isn't sustainable. Buying stuff is the fulfillment of Consumer culture, and for our well being it's like choosing to eat a Twinkie rather than fruits and whole grains.

Can you support this claim? The scam over his non-accredited "university," the numerous lawsuits against former employees, it doesn't seem likely he managed business with the idea that taking care of your employees and paying them well makes them happy and productive employees. But, rather, he and his father destroyed documents before they could be subpoenaed.

Trump's "win" was a farce as fewer people voted for him. And, like it or not, he is a Republican. It isn't (I) Trump, it is, in fact, (R) Trump.

When you want power and money, why not? And clearly he didn't do it for the people of this country. He's disrupted families, put educations in limbo, thrown civil-rights gains for some out the window, and his tax plan is a big diarrheal crap all over everyone except the wealthiest of Americans.

So you say Show just one time, as to where Trump made any statement saying he's a Republican.
Before democrates goes after someone, better they clean their own house first.

As for being a Christian, more than Obama and Hillary put together. You don't claim being a Christian such as democrates, and support the things, that God stands against.
When Obama back in 2007 was running for president the first time, Obama came out saying, how he is Muslim, then the polls started to drop, Then Obama came saying, I'm a Christian, one of many of obamas lies
But you would never know,seeing how the fake news media deletes things for the democrates Agenda.

Obama himself lied more than once, but you would never hear of it, because the mainstream fake news media, covers everything up for Obama, as the fake news media did with Hillary.

If democrates are to be so good as you suppose, democrates had 8 years under Obama, and still did nothing.
Hillary wanted to close down the coal miners and put them out of work, So how is that to be for middle class workers.

Every since back in the early 90's heard nothing from democrate about climate control, and here we to day, and of the climate has changed, only to put money in Al Gore and democrates pockets

Under Obama for 8 this country was at it's worse. Obama did nothing to help the working class Union's. But only to destroy them more.

Who are Liberal Democrates to tell others on how to vote, it's my right to vote in the way I chose and not Liberals to tell people on how they are to vote.

All Obama and the DNC did is give hand outs, to buy people's votes.
Obama hated the Constitution, because it stood in his dictatorship way. Obama stated to many times how the Constitution was out dated, that's all because it stood in the way of Obama's agenda of having a Dictatorship Government.
That's why Obama and many democrates, hated the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution, all because to do anything, People have the right to bare arms.

For this reason is why the 2nd Amendment was put in place to keep the Government from trying to inforce people under a Dictatorship Government.
If the Government ever gets out of place they have the 2nd Amendment there standing in the way of democrates Dictatorship Government.

In Michigan back in the 90's Jennifer granholm the governor,saying to people, You do not me what to do, I tell you.
Big mistake, We the people voted you into office, therefore you do as we say, not us do as you say.
This is democrates way of thinking.