• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The good lessons to learn from Corona

Milton Platt

I believe everything happens for a reason ... I could also call it karma

Below YouTube shows the good things we can learn from corona virus
I hope the world leaders pick up on this, and finally learn and change
Otherwise we might even get nastier surprises I think. Evolution goes on

Below YouTube: 2m29s only ... what good we can learn from corona

1. Don't under fund the CDC
2. Don't disband the Pandemic team
3. Don't elect people to high offices who are misogynistic, narcissist, self-centered, self-serving, prone to nepotism, and who know nothing about government.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We can/should learn that we humans have polluted this word almost to its death because even in the short time Corona has plagued people the pollution has almost been wiped away and even the sky look bluer now. and for us with asthma, we can breathe so much better.
So maybe we could learn that we do not need to pollute the way we did before corona. we can manage without the toxic waste
I'm not sure how these viruses come about although cleaning up the place would help I would think.

If anything think of the air as being a little bit fresher with less cars on the road and such. maybe if people experience those things they would be more privy to be more eco friendly in the future in terms of recycling hazardous products in ways it would be a benefit not a detriment. I tend to think if we did things right in ways, you could still have your cake and eat it too.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
blue mosque.jpg
Blue-Mosque-Istanbul-inside.jpg

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
The streets are quiet and empty allowing some animals to return,
I saw this in the news today...

"Beaches, coastal cities empty as Oregon's stay-home order takes hold. After beaches were packed last weekend, this Sunday, Seaside was practically a ghost town and Cannon Beach was nearly empty." - link

"Rare sighting of Pacific snake-eel near Sunset Beach, Oregon" - link

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I know many on RF don't believe in the use of masks against the fight of Corona.

Good for them. So don't read on.

This is for those who consider a mask to fight Corona.

I think there are some good points to use a mask, but of course we have "Freedom of wearing masks"

Masks Save Lives - COVID-19

stvdv

Your post is nonsensical. A narcissist is a person with a specific Psychological disorder. A Narc is slang for narcotics officer.
Thank you. Some people use narcs as a short for Narcissists, so I started using it. Never thought about narcotics, but I checked and you are right that officially narc means "narcotics officer". So, I will use it that way from now on.

Etymology 4[edit]
Shortening.

Noun[edit]
narc (plural narcs)
  1. (informal) A narcissist.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

Thank you. Some people use narcs as a short for Narcissists, so I started using it. Never thought about narcotics, but I checked and you are right that officially narc means "narcotics officer". So, I will use it that way from now on.

Etymology 4[edit]
Shortening.

Noun[edit]
narc (plural narcs)
  1. (informal) A narcissist.
I had never heard of your usage, either, so we both learned something.:)

Riders

Well I wish we were learning lessons from it and we should be, But my home health aid has been to Krogers 5 times in the past 3 weeks, and I usually have to make do with items I don't want because their shelves are so stripped bar of food every time because everyone on mesquite is narcissistically hoarding selfishly for themselves. They must have heard the Texas Governor tell us not to do it but they do it anyway.

If anything the Coronavirus is making people more selfish.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
1. Don't under fund the CDC
2. Don't disband the Pandemic team
3. Don't elect people to high offices who are misogynistic, narcissist, self-centered, self-serving, prone to nepotism, and who know nothing about government.
Gee, im wondering what's lurking between the lines??

stvdv

because everyone on mesquite is narcissistically hoarding selfishly for themselves
That only means that everyone has fear, and lacks the trust that "God will provide" ... and knowing the 10 Bible plagues, they do have a point:D

Last edited:

stvdv

because everyone on mesquite is narcissistically hoarding selfishly for themselves

They must have heard the Texas Governor tell us not to do it but they do it anyway.
You do not seem to know a "Real Narcissist":
1) If you tell them go Left, they go Right ... even if they know it is not Right ... just for the fun of "going against you"
2) If you tell them "don't hoard selfishly" ... well you get the point, don't you?:D:D:D (they hoard triple)

stvdv

If anything the Coronavirus is making people more selfish.
Corona is a virus, it brings out the worst in people. But remember, the worst was already in them, the difference is, that now they exhibit it to the world

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

Beautiful! So Beautiful! So insightful! So true! A chance for humanity for a new start! How wonderful an opportunity!

stvdv thank you so, so much for that beautiful video which affected my heart and soul and deeply stirred my inner being full of hope that we have a chance to start again. I’m sure we will take that chance as the world starts to understand more our unity and oneness and that ‘we are sill connected’.