• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the golden calf in the bible.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I'm not surprised by the state of the world, since I don't believe that humanity will ever produce good leaders. The bible says that every single person is born with a sin nature, so we will always gravitate towards corruption and treachery. This may sounds far fetched and radical, all the statistics, evidence and facts prove that it is true.

God said, in Jeremiah 17:9 "the heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it" Here God sums up the for every country and state. Our leaders are fundamentally wicked, so it's no supersize the people are angry with their leaders.

The whole of human history is soaked in blood, brother has been killing brother from the beginning of human history. This will continue to get worse until the Prince of peace returns to bring justice to the whole world.

Yeah, I don't believe in that God. I accept that you do and I accept that you don't accept that I can do it differently. But I can.

Pilgrim Soldier

It's definitely highlighting a place where I can't agree with what I perceive as American styled Christianity, so to speak.

On a sort of unrelated note, though to make a relevant and salient point, I was listening to some Jordan Peterson today, and I have to contrast your remarks with his.. Are you familiar with him? It's remarkable that our continent produced Jordan Peterson, and that conservatives actually like his philosophy, when it's completely at odds with the general level of self denial you describe, on the 'worldly' level.

So what do you think about his admonishments to us for self improvement, are they actually representations of the golden calf of self-worship? I can barely see how it would be otherwise in light of your remarks, though 'the right' apparently identifies more with his feelings on the concept of order. I on the left, find his style of the 'right' more appealing more than I would yours, and I wish he would come out and describe how 'materially nihilistic' Christianity can get. Oddly, he never does: though I have read from so many Christians that share your general view
Jordan Peterson, is a self deluded narcissist and a self proclaimed expert on everything. Sadly he has no foundation or authority for anything he believes in.

It quite sad and painful to see men like him, pushing their confused and unfounded views with others. He's just a self proclaimed philosopher, who knows everything about nothing.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Jordan Peterson, is a self deluded narcissist and a self proclaimed expert on everything. Sadly he has no foundation or authority for anything he believes in.

It quite sad and painful to see men like him, pushing their confused and unfounded views with others. He's just a self proclaimed philosopher, who knows everything about nothing.

Yeah, you are so special, because you don't push your views on everybody else, right?

Pilgrim Soldier

There's a bunch of world famous people. Argument easily refuted. ;)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no man has ever invented or created anything new. Everything man has ever discovered already existed, he just happened to stumble across it and I'll give you house if you can prove me wrong.
And before you hit the panic button and say "what about that computer your using now", allow me to burst that bubble as well. God created everything including the computer, the only part man played was to fill laboratories with stooges who perform billions of experiments over the past 6000 years and recording their observations.

Scientists use the scientific method of discovery known as the process of elimination, which is the most absurd and pathetic method of discovery imaginable. They spend years mixing different elements and compounds to observe how they interact and record their findings.

The big problem scientists have is, they know nothing. They are just like children playing hide and seek. God hides things and they search for 6000 years to scratch the surface. See, you and everyone else are the passive observers and God is the one who sets the rules and boundaries for every speck of dust in the universe. Everything must dance to His tune and nothing makes me more sick that listening to some scientists acting smart while he knows precisely noting and he has never invented anything.

Pilgrim Soldier

Yeah, I don't believe in that God. I accept that you do and I accept that you don't accept that I can do it differently. But I can.
I appreciate your honesty, you admit that you don't believe in God but you know He exists.

And you can only do what God allows you to do and for how long He allows you to do it before He takes you out of the world and into His presence to be judged.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no man has ever invented or created anything new. Everything man has ever discovered already existed, he just happened to stumble across it and I'll give you house if you can prove me wrong.
And before you hit the panic button and say "what about that computer your using now", allow me to burst that bubble as well. God created everything including the computer, the only part man played was to fill laboratories with stooges who perform billions of experiments over the past 6000 years and recording their observations.

Scientists use the scientific method of discovery known as the process of elimination, which is the most absurd and pathetic method of discovery imaginable. They spend years mixing different elements and compounds to observe how they interact and record their findings.

The big problem scientists have is, they know nothing. They are just like children playing hide and seek. God hides things and they search for 6000 years to scratch the surface. See, you and everyone else are the passive observers and God is the one who sets the rules and boundaries for every speck of dust in the universe. Everything must dance to His tune and nothing makes me more sick that listening to some scientists acting smart while he knows precisely noting and he has never invented anything.

You believe in a specific version of God. I don't. But you project that God on all other humans, but you apparently can't understand that is what you do.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I appreciate your honesty, you admit that you don't believe in God but you know He exists.

And you can only do what God allows you to do and for how long He allows you to do it before He takes you out of the world and into His presence to be judged.

I don't know that She exists. Nor He or It or Them or Nothing or The Illusion. I am a skeptic and I know nothing. And I don't even know that. I just believe as I do and it works for me as me. That is all.

Pilgrim Soldier

Yeah, you are so special, because you don't push your views on everybody else, right?
Absolutely right, I would never lay claim to anything at all as I know who I am and I know that I'm a part of mankind and mankind knows precisely NOTHING.
Mankind has been found to be the dumbest of all creatures. No other creatures self mutilate and kill themselves and say it's cool.
The worlds greatest minds don't have a clue how to answer the questions of a 4 year old child, so they don't have a hope in hell of answering any of my questions and I consider all of them to be deluded imbeciles. They can't tell us, who we are, where we came from, where we're going and why we are here. These are 4 year old's questions so please don't try to sell these stooges to me, I'm not impressed.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Absolutely right, I would never lay claim to anything at all as I know who I am and I know that I'm a part of mankind and mankind knows precisely NOTHING.
Mankind has been found to be the dumbest of all creatures. No other creatures self mutilate and kill themselves and say it's cool.
The worlds greatest minds don't have a clue how to answer the questions of a 4 year old child, so they don't have a hope in hell of answering any of my questions and I consider all of them to be deluded imbeciles. They can't tell us, who we are, where we came from, where we're going and why we are here. These are 4 year old's questions so please don't try to sell these stooges to me, I'm not impressed.

So you know nothing as you are a part of mankind and self mutilate and kill yourself. Okay. I am glad I don't have your life. I hope your life works for you. :)

Pilgrim Soldier

You believe in a specific version of God. I don't. But you project that God on all other humans, but you apparently can't understand that is what you do.
I don't believe in a specific version of God ans there's only One True and living God, and millions of false, non existent or dead gods.

BTW the word "God" represents the object of a person worship, so whatever you hold up in the highest esteem is you god. So a persons god could be anything they hold above all other things, some people hold their dog in the highest esteem so that's their god.

But according to God, everyone knows He exists but they deny the truth in unrighteousness. They deny Him the worship He deserves, because they love their sin too much to obey God and there in lies humanities main problem. We love our sin so much that we will deny the existence of God, hoping that deliberate ignorance will be an acceptable excuse on judgement day.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don't believe in a specific version of God ans there's only One True and living God, and millions of false, non existent or dead gods.

BTW the word "God" represents the object of a person worship, so whatever you hold up in the highest esteem is you god. So a persons god could be anything they hold above all other things, some people hold their dog in the highest esteem so that's their god.

But according to God, everyone knows He exists but they deny the truth in unrighteousness. They deny Him the worship He deserves, because they love their sin too much to obey God and there in lies humanities main problem. We love our sin so much that we will deny the existence of God, hoping that deliberate ignorance will be an acceptable excuse on judgement day.

I don't believe in your subjectivity.

Pilgrim Soldier

I don't know that She exists. Nor He or It or Them or Nothing or The Illusion. I am a skeptic and I know nothing. And I don't even know that. I just believe as I do and it works for me as me. That is all.
It may work for you today, but don't forget about eternity. We will all spend eternity in one of two places,and nobody knows when God could summon them to appear before Him to be judged.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It may work for you today, but don't forget about eternity. We will all spend eternity in one of two places,and nobody knows when God could summon them to appear before Him to be judged.

I don't believe in your subjective version of eternity or the God you subjectively claim for that. I believe differently.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Would you kindly point out where I have missed you or attempted to deceive you. I'm not pushing any agenda and I'm not trying to sell anything. I know nothing but I know the One who knows everything
So you know nothing, yet you know something, but it is not that case that you know nothing. Nice one! :D

Pilgrim Soldier

So you know nothing as you are a part of mankind and self mutilate and kill yourself. Okay. I am glad I don't have your life. I hope your life works for you. :)
Every single person on the planet is their own worst enemy and if God doesn't intervene and save the person from themselves they end up swimming in lava for all eternity

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Every single person on the planet is their own worst enemy and if God doesn't intervene and save the person from themselves they end up swimming in lava for all eternity

I still don't accept that you know this. I accept that you believe it and believe that you know. Yet I still believe differently. Stop pushing your subjectivity as universal.

Pilgrim Soldier

I don't believe in your subjective version of eternity or the God you subjectively claim for that. I believe differently.
I refer to the God who came into the world and proved that He is the One true God who created everything. So we have 100% historical proof that
He did prove that He is God because nobody else could stop the sun in the sky for several hours, raise people from the dead with a word, affix amputated body parts back onto the body in a moment without any surgical tools, calm a stormy sea with a word, rise from the dead.
I mean if He created the whole universe and every atom in it, what can't He do

Pilgrim Soldier

I still don't accept that you know this. I accept that you believe it and believe that you know. Yet I still believe differently. Stop pushing your subjectivity as universal.
The only reason I believe it, is because I tested all the other gods and philosophies and found them all to be Demonic deception