• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The God Thread

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I have a fondness for Braggi for his creativity in song and artistic expression. :D Though Odin has had an impact on my life, I'd never work directly with him. The things that Odin has helped me with personally are in struggles to fight against impossible odds, and in the pursuit of knowledge.

With that said, though, I feel far more drawn to the idea of local spirits such as wights than I do with greater concepts such as gods. Of the pantheons and theological frameworks out there, I do love the Norse themed ones the most!

I don't currently believe in literal supernatural beings, though, so any future rituals or observances would be within the context that they represent meaningful concepts to me on a psychological level. For now, though, I'm fine with not actively practicing anything at the moment. :)

Altfish

Veteran Member
The Fall - Manchester band
Eric Cantona - ex footballer and all round sage
Val McDermid - crime writer extraordinaire

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Post the name(s) of the god(s) you worship/work with, along with the reasons you work with them. Also include the name of the pantheon if you have one.

The God of Abraham. He has many names and has Manifested Himself to humans throughout the history of our planet. I believe God has communicated with humanity through Great Teachers. Their Teachings make sense and are of practical benefit. My pantheon includes angels, holy souls who have passed from this world to the next and my ancestors.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
  • no name, no pantheon
  • not worshiped
  • fellowship through other people, nature and abstractions
  • painful to know
  • uncreated

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
That reminds me, I must buy some more candles for my Saint Dawkins shrine. :p

Justanatheist

I used to help out with the Prince Phillip Trust, he was considered a god by the Vanuatu tribe. And I met him at the Bristol Old Vic. I wonder how many other atheists can claim to of met a living god?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hindu, many. They belong to my culture. Here are the major ones (16):
Shiva, Parvati, Vishnu, Lakshmi, Brahma, Durga, Saraswati, Rama, Sita, Krishna, Rukmani (Official), Radha (Unofficial), Buddha, Ganesha, Kartikeya/Murugan, Hanuman.
Like Christine said I have a fondnes for them. I do not worship any God or Goddess.

Last edited: