• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The God Almighty,My New Name

omari

I write this in reference to the many beliefs that have been endorsed to be God’s true name. According to the bible God himself told his servants what they should call him or what he wanted Israel to call him.

When Moses met the heavenly father, he asked whom should I say sent me- Exodus 3:14 “...Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”

God also appeared by the name god Almighty -Exodus 6:3 “And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.”

These two scriptures is not the only references where God use a name to be call, however what is most important is according to the bible when he shall reign over the earth, in that day his name shall be one - Zechariah 14:9 “And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.”

Not the many names or titles such as Jah, Jehovah or YAHWEH and Shiloh (Just to name a few), he said to call him in those times upon the earth, but in the last days one name shall he be called and that name is “new” and only those who receive him will know that name for he will come by that name.

When Jesus Appeared unto John, he showed John the things that the heavenly father told him to show John that shall come to past; among those things was the new name of God.
Revelation 2:17 “... To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.”

Jesus further revealed unto John that when god comes to “restore” his place of worship, those who believes in him will know that name for he will come by his new name.
Revelation 3:12 “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.”

Lets discuss...

omari

One family, one religion – God’s promise to Abraham
-Lets discuss-
Haiti’s tragic event has shown and is showing the world how united men and women, of all race, color and creed can be, if we work in the name of a common cause.
If so then, it would be beautiful if all can accept that god’s true purpose is to unity the families of earth under one umbrella
The bible tells us, -Eph. 4:5-6 –“One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Now looking at the promise Made to Abraham in the book of Genesis 12:1-3 Ҧ Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee; And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing; And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Let focus on those words “in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed”; the prophets and messengers sent to redeem men and were bringing them into that religion where all shall serve and be blessed.
This is not just a view but it is further supported by the scriptures -Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
-Lets discuss-

Mekigal

"Temple of My God" What does that mean ? Is that a declaration of some kind and why does it say in Salomon's temple prayer " I dedicate this temple for your name " or something like that. I don't know if I quoted it completely accurate

You sound like a Messianic Jew...

"Open the doors of your hearts. He Who is the Spirit verily standeth before them. Wherefore keep ye afar from Him Who hath purposed to draw you nigh unto a Resplendent Spot? Say: We, in truth, have opened unto you the gates of the Kingdom. Will ye bar the doors of your houses in My face? This indeed is naught but a grievous error. He, verily, hath again come down from heaven, even as He came down from it the first time. Beware lest ye dispute that which He proclaimeth, even as the people before you disputed His utterances. Thus instructeth you the True One, could ye but perceive it."

-- Baha'u'llah, "The Most Holy Tablet" (Law-i-Aqdas)

Baha'u'llah is the Promised One of all the religions, and He is the Manifestation (or Messenger) of God for this Age. At least, that is what I believe. :) He is the Prince of Peace, the Shah of Bahram, the Kalki Avatara, the Maitreya Buddha, the Second Coming of Christ, the Great Announcement, and the One Whom God Shall Make Manifest.

kepha

Good afternoon,
It is good to see people seeking to use the proper name of our Elohim. My Aunt was a hebrew scholar and found the name to be JAHWAH, with all the scriptures referencing to call on the Name it is very important to use it.

Be Blessed everyone and have a great day!:)