• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Genesis Fraud Part 1

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
What about Dr Norman Geisler? Professor Thomas Howe? Associate Professor Paul E. Little? Achaeologist William F. Albright? G. Ernest Wright?

And they are off the top of my head. If I dig into my library I can surely find many more.
You simply need to expand your library and your readings. citing archaeologists who were born during the 19th century doesn't help. the world of archaeology and of Biblical studies has made pretty much the same advances that the US made during the space age.

You simply need to expand your library and your readings. citing archaeologists who were born during the 19th century doesn't help. the world of archaeology and of Biblical studies has made pretty much the same advances that the US made during the space age.

I have Finkelstein, Herzog and others, yet the aforementioned scholars still carry weight in biblical scholarship circles. I realize that these scholars are particularly biased but they do represent the views of many Jews and Christians.

Oh, yeh, by the way, none of the scholars I gave you are from the 19th century!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
So he worked in the 19th century, when he was between the ages of 1-9?
No, he worked during much much different times in archaeology, history, and culture. many of the first Biblical archaeologists were strong believing Christians. this is not the case today. much of what these earlier archaeologists said is rejected today. if you think that you can compare the 1920's in archaeology to the archaeology of the 21st century you have a vast gap in research and progress. we can't even compare archaeology from the 1960's to twenty years earlier.

Last edited:
No, he worked during much much different times in archaeology, history, and culture. many of the first Biblical archaeologists were strong believing Christians. this is not the case today. much of what these earlier archaeologists said now is rejected today. if you think that you can compare the 1920's in archaeology to the archaeology of the 21st century you have a vast gap in research and progress. we can't even compare archaeology from the 1960's to twenty years earlier.

But you said 19th century!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
You might consider the judicious application of the ignore list. I just did and the thread is qualitatively improved. :)
You know in almost 4 years here, I have never put anyone on ignore. the entertainment is worthwhile.
I mean. where else are you going to read that aliens landed on earth, incredible new truths about Jesus and the Bible that have been hidden from hundreds of scholars, or that masons drink a goat's blood in secret satanic rituals.
from my university years, usually we remember the professors showing the way out to such students, but here I got the chance to have them all packed in one place. all I'm missing is popcorn, and my fedora hat.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I was being funny! Ok, of the scholars I provided, how many are outdated?
Really? you don't see any bias with your list of scholars? the list is packed with individuals who were/are Christian apologists and were most active in the first half of the previous century.