• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The gay bomb (that's what it is dubbed)

We Never Know

No Slack
I had never heard of this. Have you? I'm not sure if I laughed because it was funny or stupid, maybe both.

The "gay bomb" and "halitosis bomb" are formal names for two, non-lethalpsychochemical weapons that a United States Air Force research laboratory speculated about producing;

Wright Laboratory won the 2007 Ig Nobel Peace Prize for "instigating research & development on a chemical weapon—the so-called 'gay bomb' / 'poof bomb'—that will make enemy soldiers become sexually irresistible to each other."

Gay bomb - Wikipedia

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
can u imagine if something like that was included in a first-person shooter video game?

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I had never heard of this. Have you? I'm not sure if I laughed because it was funny or stupid, maybe both.

The "gay bomb" and "halitosis bomb" are formal names for two, non-lethalpsychochemical weapons that a United States Air Force research laboratory speculated about producing;

Wright Laboratory won the 2007 Ig Nobel Peace Prize for "instigating research & development on a chemical weapon—the so-called 'gay bomb' / 'poof bomb'—that will make enemy soldiers become sexually irresistible to each other."

Gay bomb - Wikipedia
I have not heard of those specific projects, but I am aware that our government has involved itself in a lot of whacky research with serious intentions of success. I do not know the name of it, but I have a vague awareness of a project to develop a feces or feces odor delivery system or something like that to be deployed against the Japanese during World War II. I do not know what the 'halitosis bomb' was supposed to be, but it sounds like it might have been along the same lines.

The Japanese had a late war project called 'cherry blossoms by night' that was a more lethal germ warfare project. Bugs in bombs. In this case the bugs were human pathogens. They killed several hundred thousand people experimenting and testing it. I think they dropped them on the Chinese, but they never made it to the states.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Gay bomb - Wikipedia
You've got to admit it could potentially end warfare as we know it.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Behold the majesty of.........The Gay Bomb!

gay-bomb.jpg

PruePhillip

I have not heard of those specific projects, but I am aware that our government has involved itself in a lot of whacky research with serious intentions of success. I do not know the name of it, but I have a vague awareness of a project to develop a feces or feces odor delivery system or something like that to be deployed against the Japanese during World War II. I do not know what the 'halitosis bomb' was supposed to be, but it sounds like it might have been along the same lines.

The Japanese had a late war project called 'cherry blossoms by night' that was a more lethal germ warfare project. Bugs in bombs. In this case the bugs were human pathogens. They killed several hundred thousand people experimenting and testing it. I think they dropped them on the Chinese, but they never made it to the states.

This reminds me of the SETI project. It's unlikely we will contact aliens. But
someone needs to do the research because we will look more stupid if we
never looked when something was there, than in looking and finding nothing.
Most things researched never pan out - but you have to consider it. And
besides, in war, anything is preferable to mass slaughter.

We Never Know

No Slack

There is no telling what they have tried and done that's hidden in the confidential/secret files. War is war. No one wants to play fair, they only want to win.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
There is no telling what they have tried and done that's hidden in the confidential/secret files. War is war. No one wants to play fair, they only want to win.
There are probably a lot wild ideas that received funding. I think the CIA was fond of off the wall--as opposed to outside the box--research.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
This reminds me of the SETI project. It's unlikely we will contact aliens. But
someone needs to do the research because we will look more stupid if we
never looked when something was there, than in looking and finding nothing.
Most things researched never pan out - but you have to consider it. And
besides, in war, anything is preferable to mass slaughter.
Wasn't that premise of a Star Trek episode where warfare was run by computers?