• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The game of Chinese whispers......

JJ50

In my opinion, the best thing for the human race is to live the life we have to the best of our ability, and not concern ourselves about an afterlife for which there is no evidence to suggest it actually exists.

Neutral Name

...….in which players form a line, and the first player comes up with a message and whispers it to the ear of the second person in the line. The second player repeats the message to the third player, and so on. When the last player is reached, they announce the message they heard to the entire group. The first person then compares the original message with the final version.

I have played that game many times over the years, it is rare for the last player to repeat word for word the original message. How many of us can actually remember the exact words of a conversation we have had with someone a few days ago, let alone many years later? The gospels were written years after Jesus died, nothing was apparently written down during his lifetime. I maintain it is impossible for the writers to have quoted the exact words he is supposed to have spoken. A religion based on what Jesus was supposed to have done during his lifetime is very dodgy indeed when it was written up so long after he was dead.

I definitely agree but I have to say that the fact that love is spoken of as the most important thing is very spiritual. Although I know that there have been changes made to the New Testament through the translations, I know that much of it is correct in its tenets. I have heard so many things about Jesus and the New Testament, everything from Jesus being invented by the Romans to Jesus going to India and the Himalayas for many years. I don't know what the truth is but I do agree with the highly spiritual aspect of God as love.

JJ50

I definitely agree but I have to say that the fact that love is spoken of as the most important thing is very spiritual. Although I know that there have been changes made to the New Testament through the translations, I know that much of it is correct in its tenets. I have heard so many things about Jesus and the New Testament, everything from Jesus being invented by the Romans to Jesus going to India and the Himalayas for many years. I don't know what the truth is but I do agree with the highly spiritual aspect of God as love.

The god of the Bible doesn't know the meaning of the word 'love' if the terrible things it is supposed to have done had any credence.