• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gael - Royal Scots Dragoon Guard

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Music to stir my patriotic heart, that's what it is! :D

raised-fist_270a.png
1f3f4-e0067-e0062-e0073-e0063-e0074-e007f.png

Makes me think of the opening lines of Lewis Grassic Gibbon's 1932 novel, Sunset Song, which is set in a fictional Highland village known as Kinraddie:

Below and around where Chris Guthrie lay the June moors whispered and rustled and shook their cloaks, yellow with broom and powdered faintly with purple, that was the heather but not the full passion of its colour yet.

And in the east against the cobalt blue of the sky lay the shimmer of the North Sea, that was by Bervie, and maybe the wind would veer there in an hour or so and you'd feel the change in the life and strum of the thing, bringing a streaming coolness out of the sea.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Played properly the bagpipes are wonderful. I have spent some time in Sterling, the pipes were often played alongside Wallaces monument.

Played not so well they sound like cat being strangled.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I love the pipes and have gone to some of the Highland games near where I live. Part of my father's side on the family came from the Isle of Skye back in the 1700's, settled in what's now Vermont but eventually made their way to here in Michigan.

BTW, ever watch Outlander?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I love the pipes and have gone to some of the Highland games near where I live. Part of my father's side on the family came from the Isle of Skye back in the 1700's, settled in what's now Vermont but eventually made their way to here in Michigan.

No, I've never watched Outlander. Or Highlander.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No, I've never watched Outlander. Or Highlander.
Outlander is on Netflix and Starz, and it is excellent! Parts of it are filmed in the Highlands-- so beautiful. There are 4 seasons thus far with 2 more on the way for next year [14 episodes per season].

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

They had a Celtic festival near where I lived once.

Sheep herding , telephone pole throwing, rock throwing, haggis..

The police departments and auxiliary had a bagpipe band that performed and it was absolutely awesome.