• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Future of Religion

shema

none taken, I guess I am a big kid at heart. my mom and dad were never married. and he became a minister and married someone else shortly after I was concieved. I really didnt know him until I was 13. My step-father followed the nation of Islam, and I was taught, "knowledge is Power" and "White man is he Devil" so I guess you can say we both were brought up by closed minded leaders,... sorry you had a bad catholic experience, Im glad they did'nt scare you to death

shema said:
none taken, I guess I am a big kid at heart. my mom and dad were never married. and he became a minister and married someone else shortly after I was concieved. I really didnt know him until I was 13. My step-father followed the nation of Islam, and I was taught, "knowledge is Power" and "White man is he Devil" so I guess you can say we both were brought up by closed minded leaders,... sorry you had a bad catholic experience, Im glad they did'nt scare you to death
Your stepfather followed the Nation of Islam? Keep in mind: the Nation of Islam political movement is not affiliated with the religion of Islam. Although Louis Farrakhan quotes the Quran, he actually misquotes and introduces his own interpretations, and clearly goes against God's statement that all people are equal. He is a rascist no different than the leader of the KKK. To say that the Nation of Islam is Islamic is like saying the KKK are Christian. They're really not, they're just misusing the words from great leaders for their own political gain, which is blasphemy. You also mentioned that your husband was Muslim. Was he Nation of Islam?

If so, then that's unfortunate, because that political group has done nearly as much to damage the perception of Islam as Osama bin Laden.

We agree again, we both were brought up by the close-minded. Which makes our search for Truth that much more difficult, in that we are already filled with unintended biases.

shema

MidnightBlue said:
Bingo.

[/font]
Hmmm..... These are your interpretations, but you've cut and pasted from this website and this website and this website. Not accusing you of lying -- after all, you cited your sources. But the fact that you have to cut and paste instead of just expressing your thoughts makes me think you are getting this crap from other people. But where it comes from doesn't matter as much as whether it makes sense.

And there's no denying that prophecy crackpots can defend their views. They don't do it well, and they don't do it convincingly, but they do it well enough to fool a lot of people -- especially since most people don't really know that much about the Bible.

What? I thought it meant "race"! Now genea means "the modern world"? I literally threw up my hands when I read that. Think!

Listen, I can find you all kinds of people who believe all kinds of things. Give me two days advance notice and I can gather 100 people who don't believe in evolution, and 25 who believe Lyndon Johnson ordered the assassination of JFK -- and that's just from among my personal acquaintance. That doesn't mean their views are plausible.

There is no controversy. Your teachers are using the Bible as my cousins and I used the Ouija board when we were kids. It said what we wanted it to say. The difference is, the Bible does really does say some things, but you have to sit down and read it. I mean the Bible itself, not things about the Bible. That's your first job. I guarantee you, you will not find this stuff in there if you read attentively, and without these prophecy people buzzing in your ear.

first of all these are my interpretations was a response to your comment about whether im listning to some preacher or not. that's why its first and why I had it set aside by itself. then ran across some articles that agreed with my opinion so I just cut and pasted. to have 2 or three other witnesses. the bible says through 2 or three witness a thing is established. (I forget where, but Im sure youll find it)
second of all I don't believe you know the full meaning of prophesy. so from an ignorant standpoint. I could see why you use the term crackpot(how gracious)
and if you read carefully you would see that the definition for genea was cut and pasted from a totally different site than the one about modern world. the statement was saying Jesus was refering to modern world when he said this generation. just like when an old person says " well I havent been doin too good these days" even though, he/she might be talking about the last decade..

and how can the bible not say any of what im talking about when weve been talking about matthew 24 the whole time? if you put matthew 24 in a search engine, all sorts of arguments will come up. do you think im making this whole thing up?

maybe your quiji board has had some negative effects on you. And I pray that whatever you were seeking when you were playing did'nt overshadow your true personality. its very sad to live life as a pessimist. but it seems like everything I say, you dig deeper into my meaning, however you dont get my meaning. you havent said a word on what you think the future of religion which is what this debate is about.

shema

Ibrahim Al-Amin said:
Your stepfather followed the Nation of Islam? Keep in mind: the Nation of Islam political movement is not affiliated with the religion of Islam. Although Louis Farrakhan quotes the Quran, he actually misquotes and introduces his own interpretations, and clearly goes against God's statement that all people are equal. He is a rascist no different than the leader of the KKK. To say that the Nation of Islam is Islamic is like saying the KKK are Christian. They're really not, they're just misusing the words from great leaders for their own political gain, which is blasphemy. You also mentioned that your husband was Muslim. Was he Nation of Islam?

If so, then that's unfortunate, because that political group has done nearly as much to damage the perception of Islam as Osama bin Laden.

We agree again, we both were brought up by the close-minded. Which makes our search for Truth that much more difficult, in that we are already filled with unintended biases.
Well I know Nation of Islam does not follow the teachings of the Quran, and are on a power trip, and some would say that about catholics, but my husband is from Bangladesh. His father is from egypt.

Franklin

Ibrahim Al-Amin said:
The Earth has shaken for 4 billion years.

You don't understand your own theology if you believe "anyone" against Christ is The Anti-Christ.

No, my naive friend, when the Anti-Christ comes, you'll know it. (I'm pretty sure he's on vacation at the Crawford Ranch.)
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Smoke

Done here.
shema said:
and how can the bible not say any of what im talking about when weve been talking about matthew 24 the whole time? if you put matthew 24 in a search engine, all sorts of arguments will come up. do you think im making this whole thing up?
It often happens that more than one person gets sucked into the same religious delusion.

shema said:
maybe your quiji board has had some negative effects on you. And I pray that whatever you were seeking when you were playing did'nt overshadow your true personality.
Oh, for crying out loud.

shema said:
but it seems like everything I say, you dig deeper into my meaning, however you dont get my meaning. you havent said a word on what you think the future of religion which is what this debate is about.
You're right, I'm getting off track. About OP: I'm interested in what Darkdale thinks about it, but I don't have any opinion about the future evolution of religion. It was your post that sparked my response, when you said, "I believe Jesus when he said that the earth will shake just before my return, and it will be hard to tell the seasons apart. and the anti-christ will come." We've established that the Bible says nothing of the sort.

Back to Darkdale.

shema

MidnightBlue said:
It often happens that more than one person gets sucked into the same religious delusion.

Oh, for crying out loud.

You're right, I'm getting off track. About OP: I'm interested in what Darkdale thinks about it, but I don't have any opinion about the future evolution of religion. It was your post that sparked my response, when you said, "I believe Jesus when he said that the earth will shake just before my return, and it will be hard to tell the seasons apart. and the anti-christ will come." We've established that the Bible says nothing of the sort.

Back to Darkdale.
I think that we've established just the opposite. I have proved my point that the bible does say at least something of the sort, and also that every thing that is said from one person can be turned against him/her. So it is up to your faith to carry you. Have you ever thought that you were so far outside the "delusion", that you have enveloped your own delusions? And if you have no opinion about the future evolution of religion, is it because you have no understanding from which to form an opinion? or if it doesnt satisfy your Adam intellect it must be absurd? Quiji board leaving a lasting impression...your soul may very well be crying out loud..literally