• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Fuss over Ego Attachment

Burl

How does it profit us to broach the topic of ego-attachment when the ego is involved in everything we work for in business and social relationships?

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
I think it's arrogance that causes problems and ego that believes you're this separate from others, self centered man in this universe is false.

Burl

The arrogance of self-centered Nations profit themselves. This is an extension of the family-man providing for his kin. To talk with them of attachment to possessions is unproductive because we depend on them for comfort.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The arrogance of self-centered Nations profit themselves. This is an extension of the family-man providing for his kin. To talk with them of attachment to possessions is unproductive because we depend on them for comfort.

You've never observed that ego attachment brings discomfort along with comfort?

Subhankar Zac

Profiting themselves often dont profit their people. Education, housing, etc are pricy in many first world nations, even for their own people.
Mughals and British colonialism profiting off of pre Islamic era has lost much of its possessions, including the kohinoor. So, they can provide for their kin, just not steal from others.

Burl

You've never observed that ego attachment brings discomfort along with comfort?

I know some Hindu's prescribe discomfort as a means of attaining comfort, but giving up the associations of family and National identity seems counter-productive to me, altho I may be wrong if empirical reality is as illusory as represented.

Subhankar Zac

Conversely, profiting the people may spell disaster for contemporary power structures.

If nature wanted wealth of the planet to in the hands of a select few, it would not have made resources of food, clothing, entertainment, everywhere on this planet.
I don't see how profiting people equally will spell disaster

aoji

How does it profit us to broach the topic of ego-attachment when the ego is involved in everything we work for in business and social relationships?

In social relationships, say love, one wants to own the other, no? Isn't that violence? Ego is selfish. How could it not be? Ego/mind makes you think that you are an individual, and therefore you will think yourself, lower than, equal to, or superior to another, and few want to think that they are inferior to others.

Forget about the ego, it's there all the time. It's just the mind, attached to body sensation. The ego will rear its ugly head at the most inopportune moments, like when being slapped, cut off when driving, some cutting remark is made. Ego is nothing but pride. Is pride good? Probably only in so much as the realization that the other has the same pride. We humans want to feel superior. Then a catastrophe knocks us back to reality.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think it's obsessives that defines ego. Its not broaching ego as much as settling it in a way that things become managable by not attaching to various effects through our reactions caused by ego.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Just be humble in most cases... Otherwise such practices are means to twiddle away at your confidence.. A persons personality is a complex device.... Arrogance is detestful in most aspects, a necessity in others, as most emotions...

It's all the dynamic complex of the mind, our escape from the physical testament of what we're capable of. You can try and be wise and take a vow of silence... People just eat you up.. You must disregard the vile hordes that the colonies make... Outlander folks are always good... Colonies 9/10 become inconceivably insidious.

Jealousy is the driving force of this world... I never trifled with it, I find the mere notion of being jealous pathetic in and of itself. I know I am capable or can surpass whatever person be trifiln with.

But Like women and stuff. If they're playing games or whatever, do not trifle over it. It's just easy for me, I'm relatively heartless, but overwhelmingly compassionate about dominated women and things... I'm a horrible som b.