• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Fullness of the Gosple of Jesus Christ...

PHOTOTAKER

Most people have heard the term "Fullness of the Gospel" before but what do we mean? Well this is what I know and I thank it would be cool to discuss this.

In the 1829 version of the dictionary the word fullness meant abundant. Today however, it means complete more so than abundant.

In section 42 of the docrein of covenants we learn many things... lets read!!!

11-15:
11 Again I say unto you, that it shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by some one who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.
12 And again, the elders, priests and teachers of this church shall teach the principles of my gospel, which are in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, in the which is the fullness of the gospel.
13 And they shall observe the covenants and church articles to do them, and these shall be their teachings, as they shall be directed by the Spirit.
14 And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.
15 And all this ye shall observe to do as I have commanded concerning your teaching, until the fulness of my scriptures is given.

With these five scriptures we learn allot about how we are to teach and to learn both by the spirit, we also learn that the fullness of the gospel is only the beginning of the things that are to be shown unto this people. The fullness of the gospel can only be taught by the spirit so in order to receive the spirit of revelation we must first have faith, then repentance, then we must make our first covenant which is baptism, and then the gift of the holy ghost.

I want to make one thing clear there is a large difference between the Holy Ghost and the gift of the Holy Ghost, this is not meant to go into this topic but know there is a BIG difference.

Part of the fullness of the gospel to learn and teach by the spirit... now what do you suppose that means??? Well first you may notice I added learn to what is written I put that there because without the spirit telling us either though a whisper or the fussy felling (or prick in the heart) then being taught by the spirit is worthless you have no idea what is true and what is false. So what do a person gain by doing this we can turn to Numbers 11:25-26 for the answer:

25 And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spike unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.
26 But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp.

Now isn't that cool!! We learn one really important thing prophesying doesn’t necessary mean future telling like most would believe it also means to teach pricable and lesson that are necessary for the people hearing the word. Didn’t Jesus say "if they have ears to hear, let them hear" now don't get me wrong but how are we suppose to know if they are telling the truth could they easily tell a lie? Of course so now it is our turn to test them and see if the "fruit of there work (or word) is good" how do we do this mmmmmm... that a hard question isn't it, well first what is good fruit with the gospel we look can look at it several ways but one stands out the most dose this teaching make me want to do good continually? That’s a really good test but its not good enough. Why you might ask? Well it’s our interpretation, which is not of the spirit or not of God... so now how are we support to know???

Well the lord answer this one pretty well I thank acts 9:5

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Also in Jerome 1:12

12 And it came to pass that by so doing they kept them from being destroyed upon the face of the land; for they did prick their hearts with the word, continually stirring them up unto repentance.

So now what is this prick?? Is it like a stack going though the heart?? No that can't be it... I know it’s knowing without knowing that what is said is true or called absolute truth...

Well that’s confusing I thank I’ll explain it to myself. The prick for most LDS is that warm and fuzzy feeling that we get from the spirit its undeniable and it brings to light truth. For some it will be a whisper and the prick for other it will be one or the other but this is how we gain knowledge and experience the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. How ever we can de nigh the Holy Ghost like in Doctrine and Covenants 121:38:

38 Behold, ere he is aware, he is left unto himself, to kick against the pricks, to persecute the saints, and to fight against God.

Like Paul did for a while… the most important thing to learn is that the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ is a a step by step process here a little and there a little, so there is a lot that we can go into I hope I did not give too much meat but a lot of milk to have a nice discussion…