• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The French.....A Documentary

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is for that poster who lives in France, @ChristineM.
After watching it, I can now polly voo lay Francey.
Btw, it's an abbreviated video for those of us with short attention spans.

Last edited:

shmogie

This is for that poster who lives in France, @ChristineM.
After watching it, I can now polly voo lay Francey.
Btw, it's an abbreviated video for those of us with short attention spans.
So now you are a Francophile ? Would you like to buy a pristine French army rifle from WW2 for your collection of French artifacts ? It has only been fired once, and dropped once. I also have a very unique French army officers uniform from the same conflict, also in pristine condition, It is blue and red in front, and camo in the back.

Your video gave me me a completely new insight into the psyche of the French, so I am unloading my French Military collection, but I will keep my Charles DeGaulle bobble heads. One, when a button is pushed, shoots the head straight up in the air on a spring, then one arm comes up and gives you the finger, and the other has a nose large enough to hold a dagger for stabbing the other bobbleheads in the back.

exchemist

Veteran Member
So now you are a Francophile ? Would you like to buy a pristine French army rifle from WW2 for your collection of French artifacts ? It has only been fired once, and dropped once. I also have a very unique French army officers uniform from the same conflict, also in pristine condition, It is blue and red in front, and camo in the back.

Your video gave me me a completely new insight into the psyche of the French, so I am unloading my French Military collection, but I will keep my Charles DeGaulle bobble heads. One, when a button is pushed, shoots the head straight up in the air on a spring, then one arm comes up and gives you the finger, and the other has a nose large enough to hold a dagger for stabbing the other bobbleheads in the back.
No doubt you also imagine the Germans strut around in jackboots, shouting "Donner und Blitzen" and "Schweinehund". After all, we all know, don't we, that the national psyche is defined by schoolboy histories of the second World War, or similar facile imagery.

For example, my idea of Americans is solely informed by fat Midwestern traffic cops. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No doubt you also imagine the Germans strut around in jackboots, shouting "Donner und Blitzen" and "Schweinehund". After all, we all know, don't we, that the national psyche is defined by schoolboy histories of the second World War, or similar facile imagery.

For example, my idea of Americans is solely informed by fat Midwestern traffic cops. :D
Speaking of Germans.....
Do you know why the French plant trees along Champs-Élysées?
Because the Germans like to march in the shade.

Now, for your viewing pleasure...

exchemist

Veteran Member
Speaking of Germans.....
Do you know why the French plant trees along Champs-Élysées?
Because the Germans like to march in the shade.

Now, for your viewing pleasure...
This thread takes me back to the Iraq invasion. How we hated the Americans then. Clearly the macho sh1thead gene is still active. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here's proof of how bad French drivers & roads are.
(Because this would happen if it were in France.)

exchemist

Veteran Member
Here's proof of how bad French drivers & roads are.
(Because this would happen if it were in France.)
Whereas in fact these videos are made by a German called Jurgen Henn, living in the USA, who cannot believe what idiots American drivers are.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whereas in fact these videos are made by a German called Jurgen Henn, living in the USA, who cannot believe what idiots American drivers are.
But those things could happen in France, thereby proving what nerdelpanzers they are.

Now, for your listening pleasure...

Gawd, English is the best, but also a horrid mess.

Last edited:

shmogie

I guess your idea could be based on a mafia don, replete with a 1940's style suit, fedora, a fat cigar in his mouth, a scar across his cheek, who speaks with a mixed Italian/ New York accent, and pushes little old ladies out of the way.

Midwest cops aren't so bad.

You have to admit that the French military accomplishments after Napoleon, a Corsican, aren't too impressive.

In the Franco-Prussian war, their emperor got captured, and France surrendered. In WW1, the Germans took a huge swathe of France, in WW2 , the Germans took all of France. Our record wasn't stellar in Viet Nam, but before us the French surrendered their entire army to the viet minh in a few weeks at dien bien phu.

In Desert Storm, the French were given objectives on the day the flanking movement began, The Americans and British met their objectives on time, the French weren't so punctual.

There are reasons why these things occurred that absolve French military leaders in these cases, the French believe.

Nevertheless, sometimes jokes are based in facts.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You have to admit that the French military accomplishments after Napoleon, a Corsican, aren't too impressive.

The french army are the most successful army ever, Out of 168 battles fought since 387 BC, they have won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10.

shmogie

The french army are the most successful army ever, Out of 168 battles fought since 387 BC, they have won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10.
Wow ! Impressive. Doesn't seem as though the Prussians in 1870, the Germans in 1914 and 1940, or the viet minh in 1953 were that impressed.

How well does France stack up in in the number of times a nation was invaded and lost part of or all of it's territory and/or it national leader or army ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Wow ! Impressive. Doesn't seem as though the Prussians in 1870, the Germans in 1914 and 1940, or the viet minh in 1953 were that impressed.

How well does France stack up in in the number of times a nation was invaded and lost part of or all of it's territory and/or it national leader or army ?

Facts are facts.

How about America for military failures? Just about the only decisive victory its had on its own since before WW2 is against a bunch of Caribbean hill farmers.