• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Four Horsemen

kaoticprofit

1. ' bow ' symbol of war -> Please note Genesis 48:22 B; 2 Chronicles 26:14-15; Jeremiah 46:8-9B; 2 Kings 9:22-24; besides Revelation 6:2
Those passages use the word bow literally as an item among many used for war. Not one of those verses use the word bow symbolically for war, but simply as an item used in war, just like the other items of war mentioned in the scriptures you've quoted.

Moreover I have given to thee one portion above thy brethren, which I took out of the hand of the Amorite with my sword and with my bow.

And Uzziah prepared for them throughout all the host shields, and spears, and helmets, and habergeons, and bows, and slings to cast stones.

And Jehu drew a bow with his full strength, and smote Jehoram between his arms, and the arrow went out at his heart, and he sunk down in his chariot.

Come up, ye horses; and rage, ye chariots; and let the mighty men come forth; the Ethiopians and the Libyans, that handle the shield; and the Lydians, that handle and bend the bow.

Revelation 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Revelation 6:2 is the only verse where BOW should be considered symbolic, and again, I'll show you how a word is USED SYMBOLICALLY.

Jeremiah 9:3 And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.

Hosea 7:16 They return, but not to the most High: they are like a deceitful bow: their princes shall fall by the sword for the rage of their tongue: this shall be their derision in the land of Egypt.
2. Christ does Not need a bow because the ' words from Jesus' mouth ' will destroy the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Isaiah 49:2; Revelation 19:11; Revelation 19:14-15 ( white horses )
That's right. That's the sharp two edged sword I was talking about. So why do you continue to say the rider is Christ and ascribe the bow to him???
3. Jesus has No diadems on his crown because it is the start or the beginning of his ride. Jesus is a newly crowned king going forth to conquer - Revelation 12:7-9; Revelation 12:10-12.
Bad answer and more fabrication. You really do need what's called a simple hermeneutic. It would help you get things right, honestly.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
At the opening of the first seal, Jesus is a newly crowned king who goes forth in the beginning - Matthew 24:8 - of his conquest - Psalms 45:4-6; Psalms 45:7- his ' arrows ' are sharp - Psalms 45:5 - meaning Jesus has both a bow and arrows. First, there was major war in heaven - Revelation 12:7-9; Revelation 12:10-12 - and first, before the time of Matthew 25:31-33 it is Satan who brings ' woe ' to earth Not heaven - Revelation 12:12; 1 John 5:19 - there is No diadem crown yet for Jesus until the later time of Revelation 19:12 when Jesus completes his conquest. The ' white horse ' is always a symbol of righteous warfare - Revelation 19:11; Revelation 6:2 - we are nearing the end of the ride of the 4 horsemen. Only the one on the ' white horse ' remains to finish off the other three.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The beast of Revelation 13:1 has ten ( 10 ) ' diadems ' according to the Greek. How would just having diadems prove righteousness or a lack of it prove it since the beast has them ?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This seems to be before the destruction; the end line of the chapter is the fire coming to cleanse it all.
The amazing point you made tho, is that it is saying within Isaiah, that we're feeding the cattle grain, and covering the earth in this process; this is exactly what is causing the most global warming, pollution, resources, and cost to the environment. o_O

Sorry I was Not more clear about Isaiah 30:23-24. I was Not trying to say under Christ's millennium-long day of governing over earth we would feed cattle 'grain', but that cattle, in that 1,000-year day, will ' graze ' in spacious pastures. Graze in pastures indicates: grass-fed livestock. In other words, cattle feeding in large pastures on: grass. ' Fodder' being animal food fit for animals to eat.

" fire" in Scripture is often used in a symbolic sense because according to Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:15 it is the words from Jesus' mouth which will cleanse the earth of wickedness.
The words from Jesus' mouth will execute the wicked destroying them forever - Psalms 92:7 - So, the words in Jesus' breath has destructive powers against the wicked cleansing the earth of wickedness.

kaoticprofit

At the opening of the first seal, Jesus is a newly crowned king who goes forth in the beginning - Matthew 24:8 - of his conquest -
You haven't answered one question I've posed to you. All you do is tell me what you believe and provide nothing to back it up. This is Mathew 24:8...All these are the beginning of sorrows. So I think you're here just telling people what you believe without accepting the challenge before you that debunks your beliefs. Too often forum personalities do that, quote scripture references, and tell you what they believe, without showing you how they arrive at their conclusions. So this is no fun.
Psalms 45:4-6; Psalms 45:7- his ' arrows ' are sharp - Psalms 45:5 - meaning Jesus has both a bow and arrows.

"Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies;whereby the people fall under thee."

In Psalm 45, arrows are mentioned but the bow is not. The 'sharp arrows' are said to be "in the heart of the king's enemies." I guess you just don't know how to distinguish between literal and figurative. That's alright, neither do a lot of the experts, people you are probably listening to.
There is No diadem crown yet for Jesus until the later time of Revelation 19:12 when Jesus completes his conquest.
Jesus shows up on the scene in Revelation 14 for the rapture. I suppose one could make the argument in Revelation 11. However you still haven't answered my question.

Why would Jesus be riding with a bunch of bad guys?
The ' white horse ' is always a symbol of righteous warfare - Revelation 19:11; Revelation 6:2 - we are nearing the end of the ride of the 4 horsemen. Only the one on the ' white horse ' remains to finish off the other three.

No it's not. The white horse fits well with the stephanos which is a 'VICTOR'S CROWN.' When a battle or war was over, the victorious king often took a victory ride upon a white horse. It makes no sense for this rider to be Christ. The seals are the opening course to a greater course of prophecy, and Christ doesn't return until later in the book.

Too often Christians won't even consider the views of others. I urge you to consider other views and be willing to change your mind when the evidence is there to do so. Rather than admit error, most people fight you tooth and nail to support what they believe, even when there's a mountain of evidence against them, and too often, Christians don't show how they arrive at their conclusions, but ADD to the prophecy to support a failing theory.

I start with word studies and have a method of interpretation that makes sense. It really isn't that difficult to acquire.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
How can there be a rapture when ' flesh and blood ' ( physical ) can Not inherit the kingdom - 1 Corinthians 15:50
Those redeemed to heaven - Revelation 14:3; Revelation 2:10 - are resurrected, not raptured, to heaven.
So, since the physical can Not inherit the kingdom, and the redeemed to heaven are dead before being resurrected, then there is No rapture but resurrection.
As for the rest of the people who are still alive on earth at the soon coming time of Matthew 25:31-33, they can remain alive on earth - Isaiah 26:20-21
The humble ' sheep'-like people are alive because they come through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14.
Jesus promised the ^meek^ would inherit the earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:11; Psalms 37:29. The wicked will be destroyed - Proverbs 2:21-22; Psalms 92:7
I believe the wicked will be destroyed because the words from Jesus' mouth will slay the wicked according to Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:15
Revelation 11:18 B also mentions that God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth which is in harmony with the humble meek inheriting the earth, or the earthly realm of God's kingdom.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
My friend and I love the book of Revelation in the Bible. Both of us were Theology students and both of us studied many different interpretations and perceptions on the book of Revelation. So we've had one of our many discussions on it when my friend ask me this question: Are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalyps demonic, angelic, human or a mixture of these?
I've immediately found this a very interesting question as I've never before read anything about this. Normally there's just explanations on what they may or may not represent and not on what exactly they are.
My personal opinion is that they might be a mixture of demon, angel and human and here's why - the white horse is according to me false peace and therefore I believe this is a human being (though possibly possessed by a demon or even Satan himself), the second horse and the pale horse is war and famine and therefore most probably demons, the last horse is Death himself and as I believe that this is the same Death spoken of in other parts of the Bible such as where the Egyptian firstborn were killed etc I think he is an angel.
Now I realize that this is a very literal interpretation, but please humor me. Please also give reasons why you believe them to be either angels, demons, humans or a mixture.:angel2:)(
the white horse is:

lung-ta
kalki
horus
sleipnir